1.    #1  
    The Android tablet problem, nicely summarized by one review’s conclusion – Marco.org

A great summary/analysis of a recent Ars Technica Samsung Galaxy 10.1 review. I see this also applying to the yet-to-be-released TouchPad.
    A concise summary of one of the problems tablet makers face (developer attraction).

My hope with the TouchPad is that HP will force enough units into the market (via bulk sales to enterprise customers) that a large enough user base will develop to attract devs. Of course, it has to be rock-solid in performance to win over enterprise ... And I have my doubts about webOS delivering in that respect. We'll see!
    webOS user since 20090606.
    Hardwar doesn't matter? But the Verizon sales rep in that commercial had me convinced when she mentioned the dual-core Tegra 2 chipset!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The Android tablet problem, nicely summarized by one review’s conclusion – Marco.org

A great summary/analysis of a recent Ars Technica Samsung Galaxy 10.1 review. I see this also applying to the yet-to-be-released TouchPad.
    Amen.

I've been commenting on some of the threads in the Touchpad forum, but my point isn't getting across.

At the same pricepoint, you have to be competitive, if you aren't, people will buy the iPad2. Why not, I'd do the same thing.

Good enough isn't good enough to have any market traction. Bottom line.
    Last edited by Crackbone; 06/17/2011 at 01:00 PM.