1.    #1  
    Hi all,

1.This review was rather blunt about how much the playbook just happenns to look & work a lot like webOS!

(this is from the article):
    If this all seems a bit familiar, that’s because a lot of the ideas – the card-based OS, the swipe gesture areas outside the screen – seem to have been, er, inspired by the Palm Pre and its webOS operating system.

2. The reivewer did find soem good points to it, but slammed it for it many shortcomings such as the isse with the address book and email..Some thing BB were ALWAYS know for!

The biggest complaint is that the released it 6 months before it was ready to be put on the market.

(From the article):

Unfortunately – likely due to the need to not fall too far behind Apple – RIM have for some reason decided to release it six months too early. Right now, lacking native email and with a sparse and low-quality app store, it’s a potential world-beater that’s been unnecessarily and absurdly hobbled.
    take care,

Jay

BlackBerry PlayBook review - great tablet, shame about the apps
    Tom Phillips - 15th June, 2011

The BlackBerry PlayBook is released in the UK today - BlackBerry maker RIM's attempt to take on the might of Apple's iPad. But does it have what it takes to match the best of the tablet competition?

BlackBerry PlayBook review - great tablet, shame about the apps | Metro.co.uk
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    It's mid-June, what happened to the PIM apps RIM promised BTW?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's mid-June, what happened to the PIM apps RIM promised BTW?
    That's a good question and what I can't understand is why would RIM users even bother buying the Playbook. Actually, RIM users love BB and are hoping a praying for RIM to step up their game.

If they had all the numbers, native access to email, apps (everyone but Apple has this problem), and made an attempt of being more complete and finalized. Not sure, maybe RIM was in a rush to save their ever depleting stock price.

Either way, HP has some of the same problems and need answers and fixes to clean-up peoples fear of less apps, non-IOS and Android platform, and hope to attract new customers stuck being one of the Jones. Please HP, get it right! Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    That's a good question and what I can't understand is why would RIM users even bother buying the Playbook.
    As a RIM user, neither do I.
    I played with it not too long ago, but only for a few moments.

Very fast - smooth too. But, at 7", thats a much smaller screen for the CPU and GPU to drive, so, I'd expect that.

The UI, well, you all know.. come on, already.. they should have just licensed WebOS from HP and they would have had an easier time of it.. (being sarcastic here).

The power button is just downright wierd - you can't find it to turn it off/on, and there's no feedback when you do.. that was a cluster---- of a design, if you ask me.

But, overall, this was a really cool device. Overpriced for sure, and without the essential apps like email, it really wasn't ready for prime-time, YET.

RIM has lots of cash. They promised to roll out the missing apps this summer (PhoneDiva), and, perhaps, just perhaps, then they can make a serious marketting run - but, they'd have to definitely reduce thier price - at 7", its just not going to sell when you can get a 9.7" for the same money.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

6.    #6  
    Hi all,

At this point I think the best hold out for BB users is that RIM gets bought out, RIM is worth far more broken up than as a whole, mostly for its' "private email service" & it's patents. However, at this point I seriously doubt even removing the twin CEO's would satisfy Wall st......BB needs a MAJOR infusion of cash and an EVEN LARGER INFUSION of a brain trust at the CEO level...

Just like Palm, RIM stumbled badly and then as continued to compound their errors.

One of their more recent smartphones bombed and the Playbook was rushed off of the drafting board way too soon.....those of you who asked why would anyone not just a RIM customer by the Playbook are correct...the answer truly eludes me...it's 1/2 of a product that is missing a major piece of functionality for non BB users.

Sadly, the broken up part may happen as opposed to a buyout. Carl Icahn has been nosing about....I've known Carl for over 20 years...trust me RIM is toast if Carl get's his hands on it. Carl & his ilk who are all high risk arbitrageurs break up companies suck out the marrow and toss it on the trash heap.

If those C0-CEO's are worth their salt they should be pounding the pavement looking for a buyout partner...

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group