1.    #1  
    Hi all,

FYI. Please use the supplied link.

Take care,

Jay

Asustek to ship 300,000 Eee Pad Transformer tablets in June, says chairman

Monica Chen, Taipei; Steve Shen, DIGITIMES [Friday 10 June 2011]

Asustek to ship 300,000 Eee Pad Transformer tablets in June, says chairman

Asustek Computer's shipments of Eee Pad Transformer tablet PCs will reach 300,000 units as projected for June, and will account for 10% of total revenues for the month, according to company chairman Jonney Shih.

For the first half of 2011, total shipments of Eee Pad Transformers will top over 400,000 units compared to its target of 300,000, Shih added.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Asus Transformer Finally In Stock

For a month now, the $399 Asus Transformer sold out as fast as any online or local retailer could get them in stock. Asus CEO Jerry Shen promised last month that Asus had ramped up production of the tablet in May to 10,000 units a day.

Production is now at 10,000 units a day of the 10" tablet, so many that Boy Genius Report reported that ASUS says EeePad Transformer will beat all tablets in June, besides iPad.

The increased production has now made it through the retail channels. The Asus Transformer was in stock this morning at a number of online and local retailers including:

Bestbuy.com

Newegg.com

TigerDirect.com

ToysRUs.com

J & R

Note that the Transformers often sell out quickly. Also local Fry's and Best Buy locations have had the tablets in stock but are still rarely displayed due to limited stock.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/13/2011 at 03:17 PM.
    Thanks, I'll be sure to pick one up on my next trip to best buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Thanks, I'll be sure to pick one up on my next trip to best buy.
    If you wait until next month, Best Buy will have the HP TouchPad, Toshiba Thrive, Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and 8.9 in stock along with the Trasformer, Iconia, Xoom, and iPad 2.

Specs and price are important but so is the user experience.
    Specs also don't show my bank balance. Probably gonna wait for Christmas sales.
    Better than me! Maybe, I gonna wait too... until the TP III be launched...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Specs also don't show my bank balance. Probably gonna wait for Christmas sales.
    So far, I just can't think of a way to justify a tablet. I have a great laptop at home that I take when I travel. I have a good PC at work. I have good phones for in between.
    Another post about it.

ASUS to ship 300,000 Eee Pad Transformers in June, surpass all non-iPad tablet sales -- Engadget

Looks like Asus is currently the #2 best selling tablet. After this month they will surpass a million units shipped. Not bad seeing that it launched in April.

HP will have to focus on selling better than the Transformer to grab #2.