1.    #1  
    well, I couldnt wait anymore so before my latest trip I ran out and bought an Ipad 2 for my wife. They are used at her hospital by most of the staff so I used that excuse to get one. I have been playing with it for the past week and I can say that I am pretty impresed. A couple notes about it.

-The camera sucks. Its like a really old camera on your mobile phone. If the touchpad doesnmt have one then we are not mising anything. Nobody woudl wnat to take a picture with that thing becuase its unuseable.

-Weight is a big issue. If the TP is heavier then thats really going to suck. Holding the thing in your hand while you try and type it gets heavy really fast. Im not looking forward ot having a heavier TP.

-Not having multiple apps open on the Ipad is huge. There were countless times where I was looking at a forum or something and I want to look up something else but I had to close down the app I was in and then launch something else. Lame

-Netflix is a HUGE DEAL!!!! I mostly used netflix on the ipad. If TP does not have Netflix its going to be a big disappointing for me and might even sway my decision to just buy anther Ipad for myself..
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    -Not having multiple apps open on the Ipad is huge. There were countless times where I was looking at a forum or something and I want to look up something else but I had to close down the app I was in and then launch something else. Lame..
    See Apple - iPad - iOS4

Multitasking.

Run your favorite third-party apps and switch between them easily with the intuitive multitasking interface.

Just double tap the Home button. Here is a video showing how it looks:

Video How to: Using iOS 4.2 on the iPad Part 1: Multitasking - Lifehacks

Even better is to download the Apple Developer app to get early access to the the new Multitasking Gestures. The video shows it well and how to install:

How To Enable Multitasking Gestures In The iPad 2

Just flick apps to the the left or right to see the other open apps.Pinch an app with 4 or 5 fingers to minimize. Here are more detailed instructions:

Add New Multi-Touch Gestures To Any iPad For Only $4.99 | Cult of Mac

You are about to be a Multitasking madman!
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    honestly i bought one too for my mom and i didnt like it. to me it feels like a big iphone, and aside from all the apps it has i am not comfortable navigating around it and just dont like how the system works in general.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    well, I couldnt wait anymore so before my latest trip I ran out and bought an Ipad 2 for my wife. They are used at her hospital by most of the staff so I used that excuse to get one. I have been playing with it for the past week and I can say that I am pretty impresed. A couple notes about it.

-The camera sucks. Its like a really old camera on your mobile phone. If the touchpad doesnmt have one then we are not mising anything. Nobody woudl wnat to take a picture with that thing becuase its unuseable.

-Weight is a big issue. If the TP is heavier then thats really going to suck. Holding the thing in your hand while you try and type it gets heavy really fast. Im not looking forward ot having a heavier TP.

-Not having multiple apps open on the Ipad is huge. There were countless times where I was looking at a forum or something and I want to look up something else but I had to close down the app I was in and then launch something else. Lame

-Netflix is a HUGE DEAL!!!! I mostly used netflix on the ipad. If TP does not have Netflix its going to be a big disappointing for me and might even sway my decision to just buy anther Ipad for myself..
    I heard people saying in the forums, they want TP to be heavy so it is easy to type as it will give it stability. Its like people who are abused, will justify their abuser and the abuse.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    See Apple - iPad - iOS4

Multitasking.

Run your favorite third-party apps and switch between them easily with the intuitive multitasking interface.

Just double tap the Home button. Here is a video showing how it looks:

Video How to: Using iOS 4.2 on the iPad Part 1: Multitasking - Lifehacks

Even better is to download the Apple Developer app to get early access to the the new Multitasking Gestures. The video shows it well and how to install:

How To Enable Multitasking Gestures In The iPad 2

Just flick apps to the the left or right to see the other open apps.Pinch an app with 4 or 5 fingers to minimize. Here are more detailed instructions:

Add New Multi-Touch Gestures To Any iPad For Only $4.99 | Cult of Mac

You are about to be a Multitasking madman!
    you're like a robot when it comes to info other OSes.

i would call their multitasking interface "intuitive" since you wouldn't know it existed if someone didn't tell you...

but IMO it beats Androids system since it appears to be less likley to close my apps before i'm ready.

any idea on why they chose 4-5 finger gestures for multitasking? i'm guessing its because 2-fingers are already used by devs for other things... it just seems like a lot to ask someone to use so many fingers at once on a cell phone screen, but on the ipad/ipad2, no problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    you're like a robot when it comes to info other OSes.

i would call their multitasking interface "intuitive" since you wouldn't know it existed if someone didn't tell you...
    That does not seem very kind.

A person posted an issue here that was easy to address. I gave the answer.

As to being intuitive to multitask, they show you how when you go in to an Apple store for your appointment to buy your iPad. Or you can go back any time and they will sit with you and help with anything.

The other stores are doing better but no where near as good.

Everyone I know with an iPad knows to double tap Home to multitask. It's the same as what you can do on an iPhone. Even Best Buy reps show new customers that.

I do not have either device but the answer was easy to look up.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i just hope they add swype, that way typing on the virtual keyboard would be easy breezy -=)
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    That does not seem very kind.

A person posted an issue here that was easy to address. I gave the answer.

As to being intuitive to multitask, they show you how when you go in to an Apple store for your appointment to buy your iPad. Or you can go back any time and they will sit with you and help with anything.

The other stores are doing better but no where near as good.

Everyone I know with an iPad knows to double tap Home to multitask. It's the same as what you can do on an iPhone. Even Best Buy reps show new customers that.

I do not have either device but the answer was easy to look up.
    i wasn't trying to be insulting. i find your ability to come up with documentation rather impressive. not just on this thread but in other threads as well. i had just read the samsung galaxytab 10.1 timeline you posted in another thread and i'm like "wow this guy is good". By robot i meant an instant source of knowledge. sorry if i offended you.

as far as something being "intuitive" to me that means, "characterized by instinctive knowledge" People know how to use the iphones multitasking because they are taught, not because the UI plays to their insticts... intuitive pretty much means you don't have to be taught.
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 06/03/2011 at 06:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i wasn't trying to be insulting. i find your ability to come up with documentation rather impressive. not just on this thread but in other threads as well. i had just read the samsung galaxytab 10.1 timeline you posted in another thread and i'm like "wow this guy is good". By robot i meant an instant source of knowledge. sorry if i offended you.

as far as something being "intuitive" to me that means, "characterized by instinctive knowledge" People know how to use the iphones multitasking because they are taught, not because of the the UI plays to their insticts... intuitive pretty much means you don't have to be taught.
    This is why HP gotta work hard to get webOS to the masses asap. It is truly "intuitive" in my opinion b/c all the many features are baked into the OS, unlike iOS, Android and others.

I have a BB Torch for work that drives me NUTTS b/c I cant muti-task, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I heard people saying in the forums, they want TP to be heavy so it is easy to type as it will give it stability. Its like people who are abused, will justify their abuser and the abuse.
    The funny thing is...even though the iPad 2 is thinner and lighter than the TouchPad, it's still stable and solid enough to be able to touch type on when it's laying flat.
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Even with the Nook Color (0.9lbs) which is lighter than the ipad 2, I would always rest it on something when using it if I could. Tablets are gonna have to get down to the weight of phones before they are comfortable for long use in the hands.