Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Its about time, that is by far the best tablet on the market right now. Heck that might even make me get rid of my palm pres and get some BB phones
    Why? Sprint already had the Echo. Why go through this a second time?
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    500$ for a piece of ****** device called playbook is way too much. The name is as stupid as the device Playbook, Play- but no good games and book- no good ebook reader.RIM shares are already below 40$ RIP RIM.
    I am waiting for Touchpad, which will have all the major apps and also do multitasking easily.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    KAPS, come on now, the playbook is fantastic! And I don't understand where all this RIM hate comes from, Sounds like you were molested at a RIM convention or something. Playbook perfect? no, but more of my friends prefer My Playbook over their Ipad2's
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    KAPS, come on now, the playbook is fantastic! And I don't understand where all this RIM hate comes from, Sounds like you were molested at a RIM convention or something. Playbook perfect? no, but more of my friends prefer My Playbook over their Ipad2's
    Btw I don't understand where all the love come for RIM,I think you were molested by the Apple family so now you are supporting it's rival RIM and it's product Playbook.
    Tell me one thing that is unique to Playbook OS, it is a cheap copy of WebOS.
    It doesn't have Calendar,Email and other apps. It is 7inch, Which is very small for me.
    Playbook has a front and back camera but no application for doing video chat. It cost $500,which is 200$ more than it's worth. Playbook right now is horrible, RIM has promised update in the first week of June let see if the fulfill it or not.
    Btw if I had a choice I would always prefer iPad2 over Playbook, any day of the week.
    Btw RIM stock are sinking fast, they are right now at $38 and if on June 16 their sales report is bad they would go below $35, which means they have a serious chance of going bankrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAPS View Post
    500$ for a piece of ****** device called playbook is way too much. The name is as stupid as the device Playbook, Play- but no good games and book- no good ebook reader.RIM shares are already below 40$ RIP RIM.
    I am waiting for Touchpad, which will have all the major apps and also do multitasking easily.
    Stop holding out on us!!! ALL the major apps? !!!

The playbook is a great name.
    Playbook = holds your game plan

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Btw I don't understand where all the love come for RIM,I think you were molested by the Apple family so now you are supporting it's rival RIM and it's product Playbook.
    Tell me one thing that is unique to Playbook OS, it is a cheap copy of WebOS.
    It doesn't have Calendar,Email and other apps. It is 7inch, Which is very small for me.
    Playbook has a front and back camera but no application for doing video chat. It cost $500,which is 200$ more than it's worth. Playbook right now is horrible, RIM has promised update in the first week of June let see if the fulfill it or not.
    Btw if I had a choice I would always prefer iPad2 over Playbook, any day of the week.
    Btw RIM stock are sinking fast, they are right now at $38 and if on June 16 their sales report is bad they would go below $35, which means they have a serious chance of going bankrupt.
    The Playbook has video chat --- it was added about 2 weeks after the launch.

HP stock also sank like a rock, dropping 20% in the last year. Leo has plenty of enemies inside HP's upper management --- you can't run a business when leaks against you are all over the place. This is a big reason why Leo said a couple of days ago that he tried to put palm out of the HP bureaucracy.

RIM has zero debt --- by definition, it will never go bankrupt.

RIM will fight till the bitter end. Even if Palm is profitable, HP can shut down their $1.2 billion Palm acquisition in an instant --- like Cisco shutting down Flip. HP copying IBM is easy. HP copying Apple is hard. Like Warren Buffett always said --- always take the easy money.
    Last edited by samab; 06/05/2011 at 12:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    The Playbook has video chat --- it was added about 2 weeks after the launch.

HP stock also sank like a rock, dropping 20% in the last year. Leo has plenty of enemies inside HP's upper management --- you can't run a business when leaks against you are all over the place. This is a big reason why Leo said a couple of days ago that he tried to put palm out of the HP bureaucracy.

RIM has zero debt --- by definition, it will never go bankrupt.

RIM will fight till the bitter end. Even if Palm is profitable, HP can shut down their $1.2 billion Palm acquisition in an instant --- like Cisco shutting down Flip. HP copying IBM is easy. HP copying Apple is hard. Like Warren Buffett always said --- always take the easy money.
    You are right on that part HP can easily shut down WebOS but I don't think it will happen so soon. I will enjoy my touchpad till that time.

For RIM to survive it has to buy companies just like it brought QNX and for that it need cash and right now RIM is zero debt but who know after 1 year how bad or good RIM will be.
    RIM stocks are crashing it is right now at 2 year low and if its June 16 sales report is not good it will further crash.
    So lets see how things work out in the next few months with Touchpad and Pre 3 launch and RIM 9900 launch.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Cisco closed down Flip 2 years after they bought it. It's been almost a year since HP bought Palm.

RIM has zero debt and it has positive cash flow.

HP stock has sank 20% in the last 52 weeks while IBM went up 30% in the same period. Selling PC's and laptops is the wrong business model.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    rimm at this point is a take outr candidate.. most likely microsoft once shares drop bellow 25 bux
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    rimm at this point is a take outr candidate.. most likely microsoft once shares drop bellow 25 bux
    I see RIM as a potential take over target but I don't think Microsoft as the potential buyer.
    Maybe IBM or some other company.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Cisco closed down Flip 2 years after they bought it. It's been almost a year since HP bought Palm.

RIM has zero debt and it has positive cash flow.

HP stock has sank 20% in the last 52 weeks while IBM went up 30% in the same period. Selling PC's and laptops is the wrong business model.
    By the same way Microsoft has to close shop because it is at one year low.
    Your logic is very flawed it is like saying Skype will be closed by Microsoft within 2 years.
    HP is 4 time the size of RIM and HP will not let WebOS die so quickly.
    I can bet that RIM will become a bankrupt company before WebOS is abandoned by HP.
    How is it you think this multi-billion dollar company with 25% of the smartphone will just go out of business?

RIM is not going anywhere. They will still be top dog for two years and after that and they are still falling then it will still have a huge business market. You sound crazy.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    their revenue is declining fast enough now that they will have to make major changes in the next 12-18 months to stay profitable.

stock price is the market's guess as to whether a company will grow or shrink in the future. Growth and profitability influence stock price, but not the other way around.

they can be profitable and growing even if the stock price approaches zero (although that causes other problems).

so rim is shrinking and the stock market is betting they will shrink more. That makes them a target for being bought, but doesn't mean bankruptcy because they still have lots of revenue and cash. Palm didn't have much of either when HP grabbed them.

I still think cisco or Dell would be likely candidates to acquire them.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 06/05/2011 at 12:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    How is it you think this multi-billion dollar company with 25% of the smartphone will just go out of business?

RIM is not going anywhere. They will still be top dog for two years and after that and they are still falling then it will still have a huge business market. You sound crazy.
    Two year back RIM had 40% of the market but now it is only at 25% and declining at 1% per month.

They have around $1 billion in cash but they need that money to buy some good companies to grow their business. RIM R&D budget is only 7% of their total revenue that the reason they are not innovating fast enough as compared to the competition.
    RIM stocks are at 2 years low and if things don't improve on June 16th annual sales report, it stocks price will slide further and it will erode their profits.
    Having market shares doesn't make a company good just ask Nokia, which had control of 40% of global phone market and see them right now.

RIM is falling very quickly, they don't have any new phone and they right now don't have a stable OS for phone. QNX is going to be the future while OS7 will be stop gap solution and people are not stupid to buy a phone of an OS, which will not be supported in 6 months.

Only RIM ******* don't see the bleak future of the company.

RIM will still be there after 2 years but I don't think they will be called RIM as some of the other top companies in the world will buy them out.
    Two year back RIM had 40% of the market but now it is only at 25% and declining at 1% per month.

They have around $1 billion in cash but they need that money to buy some good companies to grow their business. RIM R&D budget is only 7% of their total revenue that the reason they are not innovating fast enough as compared to the competition.
    RIM stocks are at 2 years low and if things don't improve on June 16th annual sales report, it stocks price will slide further and it will erode their profits.
    Having market shares doesn't make a company good just ask Nokia, which had control of 40% of global phone market and see them right now.

RIM is falling very quickly, they don't have any new phone and they right now don't have a stable OS for phone. QNX is going to be the future while OS7 will be stop gap solution and people are not stupid to buy a phone of an OS, which will not be supported in 6 months.

Only RIM ******* don't see the bleak future of the company.

RIM will still be there after 2 years but I don't think they will be called RIM as some of the other top companies in the world will buy them out.
    This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Good thing for you the markets are not your living.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06/05/2011 at 02:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    This is the funniest thing I've read all day. Good thing for you the markets are not your living.
    I think time will be the best judge for your opinion.
    this argument has drifted off topic. This thread is about sprint selling the playbook, not RIM'S market cap.
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    their revenue is declining fast enough now that they will have to make major changes in the next 12-18 months to stay profitable.

stock price is the market's guess as to whether a company will grow or shrink in the future. Growth and profitability influence stock price, but not the other way around.

they can be profitable and growing even if the stock price approaches zero (although that causes other problems).

so rim is shrinking and the stock market is betting they will shrink more. That makes them a target for being bought, but doesn't mean bankruptcy because they still have lots of revenue and cash. Palm didn't have much of either when HP grabbed them.

I still think cisco or Dell would be likely candidates to acquire them.
    Their revenue has been growing --- not just as fast as the overall smartphone market. But with the last quarter-to-quarter smartphone market actually shrank in Q1 (because of Nokia and because of nobody goes to the shopping mall in January) --- RIM actually grew faster than the overall smartphone market.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast