View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 19.78%
  • No

    78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

    137 51.12%
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 860
Like Tree30Likes
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan078 View Post
    People keep comparing the specs of the 3gs? and Pre, but they forget that iOS was already around for years. Hopefully the next Gen Pre's with Enyo and a new back end database will have out grown their beta pains.
    As I sad before, webos is in perpetual beta state. That must stop.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    i'm actually quite surprised some thought Apple would reveal this totally, new, awe inspiring device.

    That's just simply not Apple.

    Apple doesn't care about specs.

    You know why it's a success? marketing!
    Uh, no. The marketing is a PART of why they're such a great success, but only one part. As much as I hate Apple, the iPhone's touchscreen is BETTER than any other on the market. It is more reactive, more accurate (this has been tested and proven), more clear, closer to the surface and has a higher resolution. Their operating system works near perfectly. While webOS' UI is better (I believe a lot better), Apple's OS is much faster. Notice I said the OS is faster. put the two OS' on the same CPU/GPU, etc and Apple's will beat WebOS for responsiveness/performance every time.

    And then of course, there's the apps. Sure there's 100 farting apps, but there's also thousands of very useful apps, extensions and add-on products. That's why the Girl Scouts are now taking credit card payments with iPhones. ALL THAT is why they're number one right now.
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    this thread wasn't about the touchpad is better than ipad or the other way. It was about all the people that ran around crying that the touchpad was horribly out specd by the ipad2. People coverd hp's facebook and precentral saying they were putting out an already outdated product because of specs the ipad 2 would have. How come the apple fans can't just admit the irony in this. Why didn't they complain about these specs for ipad 2?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I never said the TP had outdated specs. I never cared that much about specs to begin with. I have suggested that the TP will be outdated in general, as it will be 5-7 months old before it hits the market. 6 months is about half the lifecycle of a product like this. It is going to seem a bit stale by the time it comes out. There is no getting around that. But it has nothing to do with specific hardware specs.

    Leaving off a rear camera is a mistake, though, IMO. I would say the same of the iPad 2 if that turns out to be the case.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    As I sad before, webos is in perpetual beta state. That must stop.
    Agreed, but it looks like all of us that have stuck it out (or were stuck in a contract) are about to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  5. #105  
    Specs will be comparable but user experience will still triumph. Your average tablet-buying-consumer doesn't know the difference between 1Ghz and 1Mhz but they certainly know the difference between application and no application and lag and no lag.
  6. #106  
    Android will never catch up with the iPhone. Apple has way too big a lead, an ecosystem, all of the apps, and a cult following.

    /way back machine
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Android will never catch up with the iPhone. Apple has way too big a lead, an ecosystem, all of the apps, and a cult following.

    /way back machine
    Apple is a giant on glass legs. And those glass legs is Steve Jobs. Whole company is driven by one man charisma. Bill Gates stepped down in time to allow Microsoft to unattach it's name from Bill Gates figure.
    One day whole thing will stumble from within - Without Jobs, Apple's engineers and exec, insecure in Apples future will jump ship, while Google, Motorola, Microsoft, HP and others will carry talent grabbing rampage over Apple's brain pool.
  8. #108  
    The only thing the iPad2 has over the HP TouchPad is the back camera that no one ever will use for practical use...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Exactly. As usual, folks are declaring victory because some rumors indicate the TouchPad might be in the same hardware class as the iPad2. As I recall, the "iPhone-killing" Pre was in the same hardware class as the iPhone 3GS and we all know how that turned out.

    Once (if ever) the TP gets an app foundation and HP provides its webOS users with an experience beyond comparing engineering specs, something useful might happen.

    I dont hear anything about people stating the Touchpad will be better, sell more, or turn more heads then the ipad? Once again YOU state the obvious, and to me only state so to put your 2 negative cents in as usual. Regardless of the half full percieving people on this forum, truth will always be we have to wait and see how it performs. Though as the OP was pointing out in this sense the compitions specs, is nothing mind blowing, or leaps and bounds over this paticular device.
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Sure it sounds familiar, but you are neglecting the 800lb blue and white gorilla in the room.

    Palm - $736M in revenue, 939 employees

    HP - $126B in revenue, 310K employees
    I have to laugh at your preconceived notion that just because HP is bigger automatically means they will be successful in anything they do.

    Just to give you an example that bigger mean NOTHING. HP's bread and butter is selling cheap laptops to consumers, but yet their sales have fallen 12%...

    Apple Is Eating HP's Laptop Lunch - TheStreet

    If they are losing sales to the more expensive Mac laptop in their primary market, what makes you think they are going to go gang busters in a new market where Apple is already leading?

    Lay off the HP kool-aid.
  11. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #111  
    >>>touchpad not really outdated by ipad 2<<<

    Not so sure. Check out this "hands on" review of the iPad 2.

  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    >>>touchpad not really outdated by ipad 2<<<

    Not so sure. Check out this "hands on" review of the iPad 2.

    That would be funny if hadn't already been posted on this forum.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    I have to laugh at your preconceived notion that just because HP is bigger automatically means they will be successful in anything they do.

    Just to give you an example that bigger mean NOTHING. HP's bread and butter is selling cheap laptops to consumers, but yet their sales have fallen 12%...

    Apple Is Eating HP's Laptop Lunch - TheStreet

    If they are losing sales to the more expensive Mac laptop in their primary market, what makes you think they are going to go gang busters in a new market where Apple is already leading?

    Lay off the HP kool-aid.
    BZZZT! Sorry bub. May want to ACTUALLY research instead of grabbing the first Google Search headline that pops up. Overall share price fell 12% in after hours training. The Personal Systems Group revenue was down 1%.

    Hewlett-Packard Misses Estimates as Consumers Curb Spending - Bloomberg

    And you know, Apple *never* has stock issues...

    Mac News: AAPL Financial: A Sour Week for AAPL

  14. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    That would be funny if hadn't already been posted on this forum.
    Sorry. I missed it. Didn't see it in the thread & seemed appropriate to the discussion.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    BZZZT! Sorry bub. May want to ACTUALLY research instead of grabbing the first Google Search headline that pops up. Overall share price fell 12% in after hours training. The Personal Systems Group revenue was down 1%.

    Hewlett-Packard Misses Estimates as Consumers Curb Spending - Bloomberg

    And you know, Apple *never* has stock issues...

    Mac News: AAPL Financial: A Sour Week for AAPL

    Did you even click on the link and read the article? It didn't come from Google. It came from thestreet.com

    Hewlett-Packard (HPQ_) Tuesday night reported a 12% decline in the "consumer" portion of its personal systems group. That's mostly laptops.
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    HING. HP's bread and butter is selling cheap laptops to consumers, but yet their sales have fallen 12%...

    Apple Is Eating HP's Laptop Lunch - TheStreet

    HEY! Ford said that their F-series trucks, their biggest selling model, was down 12% in 2010. I just drove past the yacht club and didn't see any Ford F-series pick-ups, but I saw 16 Lexus! Ford truck division is obviously losing market share to Lexus.

    /sarcasm

    I'm sorry, but this laughable. Yes, 12% loss in consumer division. How that translates into Apple taking over, is quite a leap of faith since no meaningful evidence is given. The people who wrote that article should have lead with what was written in the middle:

    "Aside from its statistical limitations, one can, of course, criticize this kind of quick survey from other angles, such as enterprise-vs.-consumer, HP employees or owners don't visit cafes, or don't visit cafes located down the street from HP, or whatever. "
    -beta testing WebOS since June 2009.
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    HEY! Ford said that their F-series trucks, their biggest selling model, was down 12% in 2010. I just drove past the yacht club and didn't see any Ford F-series pick-ups, but I saw 16 Lexus! Ford truck division is obviously losing market share to Lexus.

    /sarcasm

    I'm sorry, but this laughable. Yes, 12% loss in consumer division. How that translates into Apple taking over, is quite a leap of faith since no meaningful evidence is given. The people who wrote that article should have lead with what was written in the middle:

    "Aside from its statistical limitations, one can, of course, criticize this kind of quick survey from other angles, such as enterprise-vs.-consumer, HP employees or owners don't visit cafes, or don't visit cafes located down the street from HP, or whatever. "
    I originally posted the info because cobrakon said that because HP was bigger than Palm then they were going to automatically be successful with the TouchPad.

    I gave a counter argument of how their sales dropped in laptops, their primary market, compared to a competitor that sells a more expensive product.

    Meaning their are no guarantees of success just because you are bigger.
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Meaning their are no guarantees of success just because you are bigger.
    OK valid point (just a horrible reference source). I'd think that a larger company, with more cash on hand, could be considered to have an advantage over a smaller company trying to do the same thing. HP seems primed to try. It seems they've seen the writing on the wall that mobile computing is the future. Buying webos and building your own ecosystem seems like a smarter choice for such a company, rather than trying to carve out an ecosystem under the auspices of Google or MS.
    -beta testing WebOS since June 2009.
  19. #119  
    Every small technical inadequacy for HP means FAIL.

    Every small technical inadequacy for Apple means Smart move.

    I'm sure there are plenty of Apple forums to hang out on...
  20. #120  
    SoFly
    why do you think that
    a - laptop market is primary for HP?
    b - Hp is selling ONLY cheap laptops?

    More important if there are no guarantees of success just because you are bigger in some market segment, can I assume that there are no guarantees of failure just because HP is not big as Apple in consumer market? Can we assume that 12% loss in consumer division has nothing with touchpad sales numbers or prediction of its success? And can we take a wild, wild guess that some tablet can one day take 12% of Apples tablet sales?

    I am really critical about Palm, WebOS and HP, but I can't stand any more negative comments about TouchPad based only on existence of Ipad. So what? There is an Ipad and none shall make any other tablet just because Apple made it? In 6 billion peoples world you will find enough market share if you are commited.
    Last edited by chalx; 02/27/2011 at 09:36 AM.

Posting Permissions