View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Which apps do you suggest for streaming video. Tnx for reply!!!
    bought one yesterday.

* home button did not work out of the box
    * video chat on skype is miserable
    * really laggy at times
    * installed first words discovery app and the tablet is frozen on in -app... can't even reset since the home button is involved in the soft reset and doesn't function... four hours and counting...

Otherwise I've been really happy with the purchase. whoever chose that CPU for the touchpad needs to be taken around back and shot in the head.
    yall are right, the touchpad is terrible. how about yall give it to me and you can get this instead:
    Newegg.com - Kodak PULSE 10.4" 800 x 600 Digital Photo Frame
    jalaed18 and runukraine like this.
    There's also the missing rear camera, which is the one that really gets me. It's as if HP looked at the original iPad, said "Okay, let's make it JUST LIKE THAT, except we'll have a CAMERA!!!" all the while ignoring the fact that, clearly, Apple would be releasing an iPad 2 that would--you know--NOT be like the iPad.

Then, when the iPad 2 was released, HP didn't even have the sense to add in a second camera just to be feature-complete against the iPad 2. Because it's true--Apple's not big on expansion ports, either, because they like their clean lines (form over function and all that). Compare that to Samsung's response: they completely redesigned the Galaxy Tab 10.1 when they saw how much better the iPad 2 was compared to it. And, they did it in less time than HP had to simply add a freaking camera to the TouchPad.

Bottom line: HP just sucks. That's all there is to it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    TechFan#WN likes this.
    this thread is quickly heading in to iPad vs TouchPad territory. We already have too many of those...
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Bottom line: HP just sucks. That's all there is to it.
    You're right HP does suck. I don't think anyone here will argue that.

I'm an *** man. webOS has a nice juicy ***. I gotta have me that ***, even if the rest of her (touchpad hardware) is thick and not as solid.
    jhoff80 likes this.
    if you guys love the ipad that much, give your new touchpads to someone who will truly appreciate it for what it is...
    un_designer likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Um....iPad 2: No HDMI, No Sd card slot, a single proprietary charing slot. (and no removable battery, usb port, etc.)

The reason no one was buying them was the price and the price alone. HP shouldn't have priced these the same as the iPad since, you are right, there are no differentiating features. But if the iPad has proven something, its that users don't give a crap about HDMI out or a SD card slot or a full sized USB port. At least with other tablets people can use the extra features to justify paying the same (or more) as the iPad. For the Touchpad vs. iPad, there was no trickery of extra features. Which is why pricing killed it.
    The proprietary charging slot on iPad2 is what allows HDMI out and the camera connection kit, of which one of the adapters is for an SD card.
    Price was factor, along with cheap looking construction, lack of apps, and buggy OS which was acknowledge by HP. At $99 dollars people are willing to forgive alot more.
    iPad 2 HDMI
    Apple’s HDMI cable works with iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th-gen

Last edited by sinsin07; 08/21/2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    this thread is quickly heading in to iPad vs TouchPad territory. We already have too many of those...
    To be frank sir, the comparison started with the first post by the OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Only a joixy guy would say dat lol
    umm, what?

Also, your starry, bra, it's cool.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    The proprietary charging slot on iPad2 is what allows HDMI out and the camera connection kit, of which one of the adapters is for an SD card.
    iPad 2 HDMI
    Apple’s HDMI cable works with iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4 and iPod touch 4th-gen

Let me google that for you
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    It isn't like the mini usb to HDMI will work on the TouchPad, there has to be circuitry to make the video out.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Agree with Cantaffordit.

<<moved to Other Tablet forum>>
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Should start a new forum called "wasteland" and this thread can be the first go...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    At $149 for 32 gb i figured was a no brainer. At minimum its a web browser with flash and some apps and pretty disposable at that price COMPARED to my briliiant iPad2. But i can see why no one was buying them before the fire, to wit: no hdmi capibility, no sd card slot, a single mini usb that as a newcomer i'm not sure until i get it what it can do. Its mindboghling that hp actually came out with such a tab in the first place. While i'm pretty much mac, i do havd an hp laptop wuth hdmj and blu ray and its really a workhorse but this tab is a question mark. *** were they thinking?
    You are 6 months late with this question. Now, all this Ipad vs Touchpad thing is irrelevant.
    Touchpad is now $99. If you don't like it sell it on iBay or to some one on this forum and continue to use iPad.
    I'm an audiophile and the Touchpad is the best sounding $100 music player out there. The headphone output can actually drive good headphones with aplomb compared to any other tablet. Oh wait, it actually also has a flash enabled browser, superb email client, and the magic of synergy. It meets my needs just fine for surfing the web and checking email all while listening to music. When I'm not actively using it, it'll just be the best $100 photo frame out there lol.
    emt981 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Yes it works great on the EVO, not so much on the Touchpad.

I was addressing this inaccurate comment:
    Um....iPad 2: No HDMI, No Sd card slot, a single proprietary charing slot. ....
    The iPad2 has HDMI, the method is not the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There's also the missing rear camera, which is the one that really gets me. It's as if HP looked at the original iPad, said "Okay, let's make it JUST LIKE THAT, except we'll have a CAMERA!!!" all the while ignoring the fact that, clearly, Apple would be releasing an iPad 2 that would--you know--NOT be like the iPad.
    I can't imagine the read camera being THAT big a deal....who's really going around taking pictures with a rear camera? Front camera is more significant for video chatting. Not saying that a rear camera wouldn't be nice for video chatting too but it's not that big a deal.
    I can't imagine the read camera being THAT big a deal....who's really going around taking pictures with a rear camera? Front camera is more significant for video chatting. Not saying that a rear camera wouldn't be nice for video chatting too but it's not that big a deal.
    I use it in business for inventory, pic of item, scan the barcode, also can take a sharp enough picture to OCR 'scan' documents in for other purposes.

Rear camera, again for business is a big benefit.

I just love how all the biggest TP fans can't see all the reasons for failure and shoo away the legit reasons why it could never sell at ipad prices.

I proudly have owned many Palm devices for years, but this was a horrible product and execution across the board.
    Palm Pre- and BB Tour owner/hater
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    The iPad2 has HDMI, the method is not the point.
    I disagree I think the method is important. Out of box the iPad 2 doesn't support it. To the average consumer that's what's important. The average consumer doesn't want to buy another expensive dongle to have a small niche feature work. But yes, you are correct. iPad 2 has the HDMI with conditions.

Price was the main factor (as you said people will forgive a lot based on price). App support is WebOS, not just Touchpad. Cheap materials...every Tab other than iPad would fall under this category except maybe the playbook, xoom, and galaxy tab 10.1. What are those sales figures like. Not so hot.

Just saying. Price was the key factor.