View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Apple I-pad-2 most likely will be released before touch pad comes out. Apple follow time lines very strictly, everything has a one year cycle. Here was there time time last year:

"Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad from U.S. customers on March 12, 2010. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3, 2010.The Wi-Fi + 3G version was released on April 30"

Unless Touch pad is released before April, which sounds unlikely, iPAD-2 will be released before TouchPad.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Apple I-pad-2 most likely will be released before touch pad comes out. Apple follow time lines very strictly, everything has a one year cycle. Here was there time time last year:

"Apple began taking pre-orders for the iPad from U.S. customers on March 12, 2010. The Wi-Fi version of the iPad went on sale in the United States on April 3, 2010.The Wi-Fi + 3G version was released on April 30"

Unless Touch pad is released before April, which sounds unlikely, iPAD-2 will be released before TouchPad.
    Reliable rumormongers are putting the iPad to Announcement in March with an April release date. The device is supposed to have the following general improvements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall Street Journal
    The new iPad will be thinner and lighter than the first model, these people said. It will have at least one camera on the front of the device for features like video-conferencing, but the resolution of the display will be similar to the first iPad, these people said. It will also have more memory and a more powerful graphics processor, they said.
    Supposedly the iPad2 is already in production now.
    How many of you will buy touch pad in June vs IPAD-2 in April.
    I'd prefer a webOS device. But it also depends on the innovations Apple adds in. Especially now that HP has laid it's cards out on the table for every other OEM to see and improve upon.

nnb
    Until WebOS has developers, it's really a no brainer. In fact having an app not written for the tablet form factor is going to be pretty ugly. Websites that don't require the power of Firefox and IE will be fine, but otherwise you need a dedicated app.

WebOS won't have it. BB won't have it. Apple will and Honeycomb will be on its heels. The rest will be waiting for all but the most basic apps (Facebook, Mail, etc.)
    I am still waiting for 7"er webOS pad

so far touchpad doesn't attract me very much, need to see more. But if Pre 3 has skype video call, I see no point of getting a touchpad.

iPad never attracted me, its too big, too restricted, and too pretentious.
    I have my eye on the Toshiba Tablet:

Toshiba Tablet

Those are nice specs, but you will probably pay for them.
    Never wanted In IPad or Iphone. I am happy with Webos and will stick with it till it goes away or I do. Which ever comes first.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I have a MacBook Pro and have been holding out for the Ipad2 to go with it.

Although the Touchpad looks pretty nice I think that it is best used with a Pre3 which I am undecided on.

I most likely will get the Ipad2 unless the upgrades end up being underwhelming...
    It's a gamble. Then again, for all we know, HP still has something up it's sleeve. Who knows?
    I'm not convinced the TouchPad will be here in June - HP said "Planned availability this summer." Knowing HP, this means a late July or August release date.

With their major fail on the release date of the products announced yesterday, the iPad 2 has moved up my list. Will come down to features.
    What does will the Ipad 2 have that will supposedly be better than the Touchpad? Look, I know the current ipad has better apps, but HP seems to have started down the road on each advantage.

And...... HP has mapped out some big plans BEYOND just playing catchup (profile integration, touch to share, text/call forwarding, etc.

What is the next step for Apple? I know they have a good track record, but other than the advantages they already have, which can be chipped away at, has Apple show what NEW innovations they plan for the ipad 2?
    What the iPad has is it is smooth in operation.

I was disappointed to see the Touch Pad still laggy. Sure its a demo, sure its not ready for prime time. But their phones have been ready for prime time, and still laggy as hell.

And that's been a problem with WebOS all along -- a long time ago I speculated that WebOS' problems WEREN'T just with inadequate hardware, but was a weakness in the architecture itself - that its not well coded, not optimized, and is simply not as efficient.

Everyone waxes on about how "elegant" WebOS is, but when it crashes or hangs, or stutters, it is really NOT elegant, not at all.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    I have my eye on the Toshiba Tablet:

Toshiba Tablet

Those are nice specs, but you will probably pay for them.
    I'd love to get my hands on a Toshiba Tablet. Compared to Toshiba hardware quality, HP is crap.

1. my hp laptop stopped working just little over a year and so did my roommates (hardware issues).
    2. I have touchscreen (AIO) pc. Its crap.. half the buttons dont work...freezes for no reasons.

I have had a toshiba laptop for more than 2 years now still good as new.

If WebOS is an epic fail for HP at least they can license it to others (htc, toshiba).
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    It's a gamble. Then again, for all we know, HP still has something up it's sleeve. Who knows?
    I'm pretty sure HP showed us everything that was up their sleeves at their big event.
    One person in another thread had a chance to handle the TouchPad. He said it felt cheap, like a toy. The iPad looks and feels like an expensive, luxury item. The iPad is already in production. I suspect it will be ready to ship almost as soon as it is announced.

I predict Apple will sell 10M units before a single TouchPad is on a shelf. That is 10M people who will not even have a chance to compare it to a TouchPad. That does not include those who buy other tablets that will have been released by that time.
    I'm in no rush to buy a tablet, so I can certainly wait until summer. Now a new phone on the other hand.........

My Themes:CLICK HERE
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,475 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1970 View Post
    I'm not convinced the TouchPad will be here in June - HP said "Planned availability this summer." Knowing HP, this means a late July or August release date.

With their major fail on the release date of the products announced yesterday, the iPad 2 has moved up my list. Will come down to features.
    Especially when you read stuff like this:

It did, however, become clear to me why HP could nto pull an Apple and let journlists have a hands-on free-for-all. There is just too much we could not try. The single 1.3-megapixel camera wasn't enabled on this build. The music-player app is no more than a screen shot.

As you would expect, the TouchPad can manage music, photos, and videos with aplomb, though HP did not repeat the Kung ** Panda 2 trailer video in the up-close demos. HP has partnered with Dr. Dre Beats to produce higher-quality audio on the device through the speakers and headphone jack. Too bad they didn't demonstrate that for me. HP told me the Dr Dre sound profiles weren't a part of this build.

HP said the TouchPad can print wirelessly to many printers. In practice, the print function worked smoothly on the TouchPad, but appeared to go slowly to the wireless printer. The demo I saw managed to botch the output and only printed one quarter of the photo.

Up Close with the HP TouchPad | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Especially when you read stuff like this:

It did, however, become clear to me why HP could nto pull an Apple and let journlists have a hands-on free-for-all. There is just too much we could not try. The single 1.3-megapixel camera wasn't enabled on this build. The music-player app is no more than a screen shot.

As you would expect, the TouchPad can manage music, photos, and videos with aplomb, though HP did not repeat the Kung ** Panda 2 trailer video in the up-close demos. HP has partnered with Dr. Dre Beats to produce higher-quality audio on the device through the speakers and headphone jack. Too bad they didn't demonstrate that for me. HP told me the Dr Dre sound profiles weren't a part of this build.

HP said the TouchPad can print wirelessly to many printers. In practice, the print function worked smoothly on the TouchPad, but appeared to go slowly to the wireless printer. The demo I saw managed to botch the output and only printed one quarter of the photo.

Up Close with the HP TouchPad | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    From this it sounds like it is months away, maybe 6-8 months more.
    I think its funny that we are comparing it to a device that doesnt exist. Dont you wanna see what Apple announces before you make this decision.

As a user (girlfriend has one), I can tell you they better release a lot for ipad2, cus ipad1 sucks. You really cant do much of anything on it. It is very good for reading web pages when sitting around, but it is really annoying to use iOS. So hard to get back to where you were when you close an app. Its not just me, my girlfriend has the same issues with it.
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678 13 ... LastLast