View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 19.78%
  • No

    78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

    137 51.12%
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 860
Like Tree30Likes
  1. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    The A5 is an ARM chip but typically they won't tell us what speed it is. We know its dual core and I'm sure everything is snappy so why tell us? Translation it is slower than other chips but that doesn't matter, and since they won't tell us we can't use it on a chart against them.
    From the Apple website under the tech specs:


    Chip

    1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip
  2. #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    the TouchPad isn't wifi only. Its wifi, 3G, and 4G. They just showed off the wifi versions at the event similar to the Apple event.
    I don't really have a problem with Craig calling it wifi-only for now because that's what Jon Rubinstein said it's launching as.
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by vaxick View Post
    Problem is most consumers will never understand the difference.
    Or care, really. My iPhone 4 can do everything I did on my old Pre in terms of multitasking.
  4. #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Again, iOS has multitasking. Educate yourself: iOS Application Programming Guide
    For the last time please. I mean TRUE multitasking. The word MULTI means that MULTIple apps run at the same time (MULTIple apps). For instance, on a PC you do something in an application and while it is working you, lets say, browse the PreCentral forums. iOS cann't let the iMovie app finalize a movie if you are looking at your email or looking at some spare shots you took.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5. vaxick's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    #505  
    I have no plans to buy a tablet, but if I did, it would be the Xoom. The screen resolution on it is much improved over the others and I'll take all the pixels I can get.
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Or care, really. My iPhone 4 can do everything I did on my old Pre in terms of multitasking.
    For your needs the iPad2 maybe sufficient. But there is something about WebOS that calls to me.
    That is me. Not you. There can be multiple opinions in this world
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    For the last time please. I mean TRUE multitasking. The word MULTI means that MULTIple apps run at the same time (MULTIple apps). For instance, on a PC you do something in an application and while it is working you, lets say, browse the PreCentral forums. iOS cann't let the iMovie app finalize a movie if you are looking at your email or looking at some spare shots you took.
    I'm confused. How do I currently have Rdio open (and listening to) and using Tapatalk to type out this very reply. Are each not a separate app, concurrently running?

    Also, just received a message from my cousin on Kik, to which I'll reply to after I hit submit here.

    When I use Picplz or Instagram, it continues to upload the photo after I close the app and open another. How is this not multitasking?
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Maybe Apotheker was talking about Apple when he said "ship within weeks of annoucement"?
    Possible, Job's successor hasn't been decided yet, isn't Apple also trying to get into the enterprise market, Apotheker might just be the guy.
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'm confused. How do I currently have Rdio open (and listening to) and using Tapatalk to type out this very reply. Are each not a separate app, concurrently running?

    Also, just received a message from my cousin on Kik, to which I'll reply to after I hit submit here.

    When I use Picplz or Instagram, it continues to upload the photo after I close the app and open another. How is this not multitasking?
    Because (as it says in your own link), Rdio ties into the limited true multitasking features it has. But in order to activate these the developer has to go through hoops to get to it. The very first iPhone has "multitasking" because you could listen to music and browse the web.
    But that is the beauty of WebOS that I, a tech geek who loves coding, love. As I said to 'nappy' above, "For your needs the iPad2 maybe sufficient. There can be 2 opinions in the world "
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  10. #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    Because (as it says in your own link), Rdio ties into the limited true multitasking features it has. But in order to activate these the developer has to go through hoops to get to it. The very first iPhone has "multitasking" because you could listen to music and browse the web.
    But that is the beauty of WebOS that I, a tech geek who loves coding, love. As I said to 'nappy' above, "For your needs the iPad2 maybe sufficient. There can be 2 opinions in the world "
    True, to each their own. But when one says iOS doesn't multitask, it's simply not true - in every facet. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it.
  11. #511  
    <<thread merged into ongoing discussions>>
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    True, to each their own. But when one says iOS doesn't multitask, it's simply not true - in every facet. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it.
    You have made your point and I changed it to 'true' multitasking. But they were not pros and cons for everyone. As I said they are my personal pros and cons. They are what I am faced with buying the iPad or the TouchPad.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    The TouchPad has a dual core processer and a GyroScope. Specwise they are both very similar. The difference, which to me isn't that meaningful is the thinness. I don't really care about colours but I understand that some people might.


    This is just forum people going crazy over what is essential spec wise the same as the TouchPad.
    buuuuuuttttt the the ipad will be available in less than 2 weeks.....cant really say that about the touchpad...
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I've look and looked and have done my comparisons...

    -The pros of the iPad2 are the back camera, slick anesthetics, and the case. (maybe the HDMI cord you can buy for $30)
    -The pros for the TouchPad are faster CPU, WebOS, Touch to Share, Beats Audio, and the better front camera. (maybe the extensive wireless Printer base it has)

    -The cons for iPad2 are iOS lack of "true" multitasking (hibernating apps) and notifications.
    -The cons for the TouchPad are no back camera.


    Overall, it is pretty close. It is up to what you want more of: hardware or software. I am personally a software guy (try'n to get into the dev business) so for me, I would like the TouchPad much more than the iPad2. Others want a really slick device like the iPad2, so be it. I am still getting the TouchPad
    Pretty close? Still looking at only hardware huh? You know what the biggest "cons" are for the TouchPad? That gaping hole in the app catalog and the significant void in it's ecosystem.
  15. #515  
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    buuuuuuttttt the the ipad will be available in less than 2 weeks.....cant really say that about the touchpad...
    lol, my contracts aren't up in 2 weeks though! lol I ain't rich!
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  16. #517  
    I think HP needs to make sure the version of Webos is optimized to be able to perform tasks as fast as the new ipad 2 is. Let alone having enough available applications, because to me Apple continues to raise the bar on what is already a strong selling point on all of their IOS devices...performance. Just look at the speed, and elegance of it, people IMO will still grab this other anything HP, Google, and def BB will have in store just because its so undeniably stable, fast, and reliable when it comes to performance. I again will take my hat off at the engineers over at Apple, when it comes to making a device perform they stilll IMO have it, and if HP wants to compete Touchpad, Pre 3, in general this will be a main factor they must focus on.
  17. #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Pretty close? Still looking at only hardware huh? You know what the biggest "cons" are for the TouchPad? That gaping hole in the app catalog and the significant void in it's ecosystem.
    um.. haven't you heard their road map? WebOS on ever HP desktop isn't just an optimistic way of saying eventually we will have alot of apps. It seriously is a huge deal and WILL fill the "Huge Void" in the app catalog.
    iOS is a 5 year old matured beast. And it had the advantage of not as competitive market when their app store launched.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  18. #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    I think HP needs to make sure the version of Webos is optimized to be able to perform tasks as fast as the new ipad 2 is. Let alone having enough available applications, because to me Apple continues to raise the bar on what is already a strong selling point on all of their IOS devices...performance. Just look at the speed, and elegance of it, people IMO will still grab this other anything HP, Google, and def BB will have in store just because its so undeniably stable, fast, and reliable when it comes to performance. I again will take my hat off at the engineers over at Apple, when it comes to making a device perform they stilll IMO have it, and if HP wants to compete Touchpad, Pre 3, in general this will be a main factor they must focus on.
    +1
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  19. #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Also available here to watch in your browser.

Posting Permissions