View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627282930 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Touch to share will be available on all OS's by Summer. iOS and Andiod already have something similar
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Now You Can Bump iOS Devices to Share Music

start seeing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadis View Post
    I think people here are jumping the gun on somethings. I think what is going to set the Touchpad apart from other tablets, is the Homebrew community. If not for them some folks wouldn't see Webos 2.1 on the Pre minus. Apple is not going to support that type of thing.
    That is really only relevant from a power-user's point of view. Unfortunately power-users don't fuel a market segment, average users do. If HP doesn't push something solid that can gain average users then it's sunk with this venture.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Android and Iphone had bump to share between both platforms for sometime now... it's even built into the where app for Android and IOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    Doesn't that require going up to and through their servers?
  6.    #486  
    There were many iPad 2 threads started today in a number of forums.

The Cross-Platform Chat is the place to compare different platforms.

In kindness to the majority who come here for HP Palm news and discussion, please post iPad comparison in this one thread.

Also remember that our sister site would love to hear from anyone buying an iPad:

TiPb: The #1 iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch blog
    Is a video out important, if you want to watch something on your big screen TV, why would you want to use TouchPad instead of, say, your laptop?
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    snip... If th HP uses it marketing push to make @least 1 competitive app in every category I think we'll win.
    What exactly are you going to win?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadis View Post
    I think people here are jumping the gun on somethings. I think what is going to set the Touchpad apart from other tablets, is the Homebrew community. If not for them some folks wouldn't see Webos 2.1 on the Pre minus. Apple is not going to support that type of thing.

I also think HP is going to expand Tap to Share just beyond URL's it's a given. If they don't the servers that they gave to the Homebrew people will make it happen.

I just say give it time this is not the end all be all for HP or anyone else.
    Tell us how exactly HP will market homebrew? Will there be TV commercials saying what HP doesn't have homebrew will deliver? Or better yet, a HP sponsored homebrew section in the HP app store with a caveat: "Here are some other apps/patches. Use at your own risk. HP will not be responsible for any damage or loss of data caused by the use of homebrew apps. "

Homebrew is not a selling point for the general public.
    The TouchPad only wins cause webOS. Hardware fails again. So what if you have a dual core CPU...
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    The TouchPad only wins cause webOS. Hardware fails again. So what if you have a dual core CPU...
    hardware isnt a fail, just not innovative.

And webOS wins just to people like you and maybe me... but webOS doesnt mean **** to the market.

You statement is a win in this community but an epic fail for the rest of the human population
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If you have an issue with a mod's decision, you should contact them privately and discuss it. Not post about it.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    To be honest, it does get a bit confusing when threads get merged because who are you responding to then? For instance, my post looked really stupid because now the OP is different.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickwestland View Post
    Is a video out important, if you want to watch something on your big screen TV, why would you want to use TouchPad instead of, say, your laptop?
    'cause you don't have a laptop?
    'cause you are a traveling vendor and all you presentations can work off a tablet, therefore no need to carry a laptop.
    'cause you're at your girlfriends/parents/friends and you downloaded a movie to the tablet the night before?

Seriously, this is the type of question I expect to see on an Apple forum
    Come on HP, time for a one-up on Apple...

Wireless HDMI integration!
    I've look and looked and have done my comparisons...

-The pros of the iPad2 are the back camera, slick anesthetics, and the case. (maybe the HDMI cord you can buy for $30)
    -The pros for the TouchPad are faster CPU, WebOS, Touch to Share, Beats Audio, and the better front camera. (maybe the extensive wireless Printer base it has)

-The cons for iPad2 are iOS lack of "true" multitasking (hibernating apps) and notifications.
    -The cons for the TouchPad are no back camera.

Overall, it is pretty close. It is up to what you want more of: hardware or software. I am personally a software guy (try'n to get into the dev business) so for me, I would like the TouchPad much more than the iPad2. Others want a really slick device like the iPad2, so be it. I am still getting the TouchPad
    Last edited by Rennat; 03/02/2011 at 05:50 PM.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Come on HP, time for a one-up on Apple...

Wireless HDMI integration!
    Already been done: AirPlay
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
    I've look and looked and have done my comparisons...

-The pros of the iPad2 are the back camera, slick anesthetics, and the case. (maybe the HDMI cord you can buy for $30)
    -The pros for the TouchPad are faster CPU, WebOS, Touch to Share, Beats Audio, and the better front camera. (maybe the extensive wireless Printer base it has)
    Is the CPU faster?

-The cons for iPad2 are iOS lack of multitasking and notifications.
    Don't forget that iOS 5 is just around the corner. And the iPad does multitask, it just does it differently.

-The cons for the TouchPad are no back camera.

Overall, it is pretty close. It is up to what you want more of: hardware or software. I am personally a software guy (try'n to get into the dev business) so for me, I would like the TouchPad much more than the iPad2. Others want a really slick device like the iPad2, so be it. I am still getting the TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Don't forget that iOS 5 is just around the corner. And the iPad does multitask, it just does it differently.
    I meant true multitasking. What they have is hibernating apps with a recent app list they can pull.
    - John Wayne
    the TouchPad isn't wifi only. Its wifi, 3G, and 4G. They just showed off the wifi versions at the event similar to the Apple event.
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I meant true multitasking. What they have is hibernating apps with a recent app list they can pull.
    Problem is most consumers will never understand the difference.
    Again, iOS has multitasking. Educate yourself: iOS Application Programming Guide