View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    HP is working on the TouchPad 2. Apple is already working on iPad 4, 5, 6. That's how software development works. You start working on the next device months before the current device ships.
    Isn't it a little hard to work on the TouchPad 2 when the TouchPad one OS isn't even at a beta level where people can do a thorough hands-on?

Seems like HP might be better off getting those Touchpad 2 engineers to help out the version 1 guys finish up.
    Did you see FruityLoops is headed to iOS, mikah?
  3. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I see someone mentioned it a couple of pages ago but I'll simply agree - HDMI out at 1080p is going to be one of the things that people find a lot of use for and the Touchpad has no answer to (unless I misread the spec?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Only ONE thing interest me: now the HP can inform how much the HP, PrPrPr $e$ $Veer$...

Now, serious... the IPad 2 was not soooooo "revolutionary"... nothing REALLY new, just a "sidegrade close to up", l HTC do in his smartphones...

Best Regards...

That's all Apple needed.

They've just completely smoked HP. Seriously, if the Touchpad comes in @ anything other than $399 for the WiFi version, it's as dead as a doornail.

You cannot, in this day and age, have some huge media event, and then turn around and not launch the product for 4-6 months.

Anyone other than the WebOS crack smokers on this forum have completely forgotten about WebOS and the Touchpad the minute that Jobs stepped on that stage.

HP is never going to be competitive with Apple. They don't have the ability to bring a product to market in a timely fashion. They don't have the ability to build a ecosystem. They do not have the ability to release a product that's competitively priced with Apple.

I had hopes that HP might, despite my logical thoughts to the contrary, reinvigorate WebOS, and actually make something out of their acquisition.

Turns out, that acquisition is nothing but a line item on a balance sheet, another doomed HP initiative that will be forgotten in 24 months.
    Full ipad2 SPECS:

Technical Specifications

Models
    Wi-Fi
    Wi-Fi + 3G

Size and Weight
    Height: 9.50 inches (241.2 mm)
    Width: 7.31 inches (185.7 mm)
    Depth: 0.34 inch (8.8 mm)
    Weight: 1.33 pounds (601 g) Wi-Fi, 1.34 pounds (607 g) 3G

Storage
    16GB
    32GB
    64GB

Wireless and Cellular
    Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology
    Wi-Fi + 3G model: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
    Wi-Fi + 3G for Verizon model: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)

Display
    9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
    1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
    Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
    Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Chip
    1GHz dual-core Apple A5 custom-designed, high-performance, low-power system-on-a-chip

Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording
    Back camera: Video recording, HD (720p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; still camera with 5x digital zoom
    Front camera: Video recording, VGA up to 30 frames per second with audio; VGA-quality still camera
    Tap to control exposure for video or stills
    Photo and video geotagging over Wi-Fi

Power and Battery
    Wi-Fi:
    Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
    Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
    Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

3G:
    Built-in 25-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
    Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
    Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using 3G data network
    Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system

Input/Output
    30-pin dock connector port
    3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
    Built-in speaker
    Microphone
    Micro-SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model)

Sensors
    Three-axis gyro
    Accelerometer
    Ambient light sensor

Digital compass
    Assisted GPS (3G only)
    Cellular (3G only)

Audio Playback
    Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
    Audio formats supported: HE-AAC (V1 and V2), AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
    User-configurable maximum volume limit
    Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through with Apple Digital AV Adapter (sold separately)

TV and Video
    Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p with Apple Digital AV Adapter or Apple VGA Adapter (cables sold separately)
    Video out support at 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
    Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Mail Attachment Support
    Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)

Languages
    Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, and Vietnamese
    Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (UK), French (France), French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Traditional Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Wubihua), Simplified Chinese (Handwriting, Pinyin, Wubihua), Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji, Ten Key), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Estonian, Hungarian, Icelandic, Lithuanian, Latvian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malay, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Bulgarian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Catalan, Vietnamese, Tibetan, Macedonian, and Cherokee
    Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (UK), French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Korean, Japanese (Romaji), Japanese (Kana), Russian, Polish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Flemish, Arabic, Thai, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Malaysian, Romanian, Slovak, Croatian, Catalan, Vietnamese, and Cherokee

Accessibility
    Support for playback of closed-captioned content
    VoiceOver screen reader
    Full-screen zoom magnification
    White on black display
    Mono audio

Environmental Requirements
    Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
    Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F (-20 to 45 C)
    Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
    Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

Mac System Requirements
    Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
    Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
    iTunes 10.2 or later recommended (free download from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access

Windows System Requirements
    PC with USB 2.0 port
    Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    iTunes 10.2 or later recommended (free download from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access

In the Box
    iPad
    Dock Connector to USB Cable
    10W USB Power Adapter
    Documentation

Environmental Status Report - iPad embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
    Arsenic-free display glass
    BFR-free
    Mercury-free LED-backlit display
    PVC-free
    Recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
    +1 to OP
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Did you see FruityLoops is headed to iOS, mikah?
    No way! Damn you, Apple. I don't want a tablet, but as a virtual guitar amp/mobile music station, it might be worth it.

Now that the last gens are just $399, I might be able to pick up a used one for $350 or maybe even $299 in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    First dual-core tablet to ship in volume.

HP didn't "lie" about webOS 2.0. That was what we call a mistake or change of plans.

Now Apple, the LIED. Flat out were COMPLETELY DISHONEST about that fact.

The fact that I'd get flamed for stating truth (at least the first part of my post) on a forum for a better, competing product just goes to show how easily Apple can sway iSheeple. They'll never take me alive. Why? Because I get it.
    I get it as well, dude.

I've never owned an Apple product, and I never will.

I really don't understand the sheep mentality or why everyone gets their panties in a knot over Apple products.

Their marketing or products have never made me think twice.

Nothing that comes out of them is a revolution in my eyes
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Touchpad's CPU is 1.2 GHz Dual Core Vs iPad's 1.GHz Dual Core.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I get it as well, dude.

I really don't understand the sheep mentality or why everyone gets their panties in a knot over Apple products.

I don't either. However, on the tablet front, they have a great product, lower priced than the rest of the competition, and it's shipping in a week and a half.
    Who care. Ipad2 is available next week and we don't even know when touchpad will come out. And any apps?

Maybe hp should say touchpad can browse Internet faster that ipad2 since that all it can do right now.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Has WebOS 3.0 even caught up to iOS on the iPad 1 in terms of speed yet, tho?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No way! Damn you, Apple. I don't want a tablet, but as a virtual guitar amp/mobile music station, it might be worth it.

Now that the last gens are just $399, I might be able to pick up a used one for $350 or maybe even $299 in a few months.
    It's a universal app so I guess you could use it on an iPod touch if you're reeeeeeeally not looking to buy a tablet. I'd imagine it would be pretty nasty to use on a 3.5" screen though.

Actually, I just looked at the Apple Store and they have refurb 16 gigs for $350.
    Last edited by nappy; 03/02/2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I swear some mods dont actually read post before they just get click happy and start moving things.... oh well last time I create a thread. Mine actually had a valid point and nothing to do with this particular thread!
    If you have an issue with a mod's decision, you should contact them privately and discuss it. Not post about it.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    I just don't get how Apple is sooooo much better at reacting and getting their products to market so quickly! It is going to be hard to justify not getting one if a person is in the market for a tablet. If it did Flash it would be a no-brainer.

Because Apple IS NOT reacting, they are planning.

They didn't just come up with all these additional features or re-engineering of iPad2 in the two months since competitors began being announced.

They had a plan, predicted what the market would want, and threw themselves into making it happen.

They committed over $3BILLION is in their predictions. That's called "total buy in."

It has not always worked for them - as people love to point out, they've had many failures. But they go big with their belief on where the market goes.

In contrast, the competitors ARE "reacting" and we're seeing what that does.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    The biggest complaint laid at ipad2 was low memory which is (presumably) resolved. It is faster, lighter, thinner and last JUST AS LONG as the last generation (10 hrs) and is available at the SAME price. What is not to like?

It is also available right now. This is why Apple is successful.
    You know what's funny about that thinner selling points. Looking at the two designs it seems like they intentionally made the first iPad thicker so they could use "thinner" as a selling point for the iPad 2 this year...
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I get it as well, dude.

Its not the sheep mentality, I was just like you till i got a imac,I was a PC guy since the IBM 286 back in the day, till i tried the iMac, and my wife hated it till she learned how to use it, now she says it is way better then Windows and I agree, dude dont knock till you try it. Apple does not make any revolutionary product but what they do is simplify them and that is the nitch. People love simple, K.I.S.S ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) Apple thoughts and it is there market. People dont want to think they want to open productand go to work thats it nothing more or else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    You know what's funny about that thinner selling points. Looking at the two designs it seems like they intentionally made the first iPad thicker so they could use "thinner" as a selling point for the iPad 2 this year...
    That's an interesting theory. If that's true, what do you think HP's excuse for the TouchPad being the same thickness as last year's iPad?
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The sad fact is I'd pay probably close to $1000 for a tablet that had WebOS as the baseline OS but had the iPad2's build, ecosystem, and app catalog.

Seriously, its so hard to get past the iOS, especially on a tablet. All that screen real-estate and you just got the boring ugly row of Icons. I love the size and scope of their app calatog. I absolutely am envious of the ecosystem and ability of it with itunes, airplay, etc. The metal body instead of plastic while remaining even lighter than its competitors and thin is great. The screens are beautiful and cameras are done right. But their OS just drives me bonkers with inelegant multi-tasking, crappy notifications, and just ugly and useless main screen.

Its just hard to justify waiting 3 to 5 more months, potentially spending more money, and having less apps, less of an ecosystem, less accessories, and lower build quality to purchase something simply becuase it has a superior base OS.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Clock speed barely means anything
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog