View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    It's up on the Apple store site but it looks like they aren't doing preorders. Apple must really have been in full blown production mode for a while now if they're not opening for preorders.
    It's a shame some of the best hardware on the market has the absolute worst software with the worst company backing it (there's no such thing as freedom on iOS).
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I heard the same thing about the Pre and the Pixi and the Pre 2...
    Here we have it. You weren't ever going to purchase the device anyway.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Apple is already working on iPad 3, while HP has still to bring to the market first generation TouchPad.
    I guess we should have been monitoring the suicide rate in china...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    This is just wrong. The TouchPad is competitive with the iPad 2. When the TouchPad 2 launches, I'm willing to bet it will be competitive with the iPad 3. HP is expecting to ship millions of webOS devices. We don't know the breakdown. HP orders parts in the millions as apart of their PC business. That gives them the ability to get pricing as a part of a package with other product. This isn't complicated.
    This is exactly why Apple keeps winning. Companies look at a checklist of specs and make sure everything matches up or tips in their favor. And they are the only ones who care about that, for the most part.

Did you watch the liveblog? What HP product is competitive with Garageband for iPad? What video calling protocol is competitive with FaceTime right now? HP was showing off their new photo album on the TouchPad...Apple was showing off Photobooth full featured editing software that was fun, gesture-based and intuitive.

As for pricing, maybe HP matches it in "summer"...maybe they don't. for the record, I say they cannot and will not. But it's irrelevant. Apple is here with it now when people care. HP will, for all intents and purposes, put an advertising blitz to show off that they now have a product that does some of the stuff the iPad 2 did 3-5 months ago at a likely lower price with way more apps, a more attractive design, and a much more mature ecosystem. Real compelling message there....
    I'm disappointed in the lack of software announcements (iOS 5, free MobileMe, etc) but I'm guessing they're going to hold a separate event for that stuff.

That said, this new feature in iOS 4.3 (available in the coming week) is nice:

Now you can play your entire iTunes library from anywhere in the house. If it’s on your Mac or PC, you can play it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over a shared Wi-Fi network. And not just music. Watch a movie or TV show. Play a podcast. Or listen to an audiobook. On whichever device you want — without having to download or sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Apple is already working on iPad 3, while HP has still to bring to the market first generation TouchPad.
    Exactly.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This is exactly why Apple keeps winning. Companies look at a checklist of specs and make sure everything matches up or tips in their favor. And they are the only ones who care about that, for the most part.

Did you watch the liveblog? What HP product is competitive with Garageband for iPad? What video calling protocol is competitive with FaceTime right now? HP was showing off their new photo album on the TouchPad...Apple was showing off Photobooth full featured editing software that was fun, gesture-based and intuitive.

As for pricing, maybe HP matches it in "summer"...maybe they don't. for the record, I say they cannot and will not. But it's irrelevant. Apple is here with it now when people care. HP will, for all intents and purposes, put an advertising blitz to show off that they now have a product that does some of the stuff the iPad 2 did 3-5 months ago at a likely lower price with way more apps, a more attractive design, and a much more mature ecosystem. Real compelling message there....
    Skye is utilized by more devices than FaceTime. Skype is integrated into the TouchPad. Where was Apple demonstrating synergy with all of my social media? Where is the in-app commenting for Facebook? We both can play this game. The iPAd 2 is a great device. But, anyone stating or suggesting that the TouchPad cannot compete is daft.
    So much HP's resources its really hard to compete with juggernaut like Apple...man look at the freaking execution didnt announce a thing until they were ready to ship it out the door truly f***king magical
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    The nice thing about Apple is, you can COUNT ON a product update every year, and they don't leave you hanging for months on end only to fail to deliver.

I'm a long time Palm fan, but I'm starting to wonder whether I should be an HP fan...

Maybe... IF HP delivers a true large screen smartphone this year.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Exactly.
    HP is working on the TouchPad 2. Apple is already working on iPad 4, 5, 6. That's how software development works. You start working on the next device months before the current device ships.
    I see the 16gb ipad at 349 on apple.com. Refurb. Refurbished iPad - Apple Store (U.S.)
    Here's another benefit to actually having products in the market: Apple's discounting the current-gen iPad in preparation for next week's release.

I'm not sure who would want to pay $419 for the last generation model at this point but it's there if you want it.
    Only ONE thing interest me: now the HP can inform how much the HP, PrPrPr $e$ $Veer$...

Now, serious... the IPad 2 was not soooooo "revolutionary"... nothing REALLY new, just a "sidegrade close to up", l HTC do in his smartphones...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    That presentation was one of the single most slanderous things to ever come out of the dribbling, pathologically lying marketing department of that company.

Plus, the actual product isn't even that special.
    Parts of their presentation were pretty slanderous, just not necessary. Apple makes great products, that only makes Jobs look like a jerk IMHO.

But heres to hoping for HPs success! I really do hope they do well with there current business model but as for me, I dont necessarily like it. They need to be more transparent.

Yes I understand they just bought the company, but with their resources Rome could have been built in 7 days!

Edit:HAHA Imagine a coming soon sign on the Roman Coliseum! LMBO!!
    Last edited by H Cubed; 03/02/2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Funny!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    Skye is utilized by more devices than FaceTime. Skype is integrated into the TouchPad. Where was Apple demonstrating synergy with all of my social media? Where is the in-app commenting for Facebook? We both can play this game. The iPAd 2 is a great device. But, anyone stating or suggesting that the TouchPad cannot compete is daft.
    Skype's iPhone app will simply incorporate the same functionality, plus iPad users will have the superior FaceTime protocol that provides a smoother, fullscreen experience.

As for synergy with social media or whatever....let HP demo that at the TouchPad launch whenever that is and see if people care as much as they did with the native Apple apps shown today.

The TouchPad cannot compete with this based on what we've seen thus far. I'm not being daft. Saying that an alpha-level copycat being rushed to market in "summer" can compete with a polished, version 2 competitor that is cheaper, looks better, and has way more apps and accessories that has been on the market for months...that seems daft to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    And what exactly was a lie?
    First dual-core tablet to ship in volume.

HP didn't "lie" about webOS 2.0. That was what we call a mistake or change of plans.

Now Apple, the LIED. Flat out were COMPLETELY DISHONEST about that fact.

The fact that I'd get flamed for stating truth (at least the first part of my post) on a forum for a better, competing product just goes to show how easily Apple can sway iSheeple. They'll never take me alive. Why? Because I get it.
    I have to agree with the OP. We got a not so distant release date, prices and 2 carriers. TouchPad's "coming in the next few months" and keeping people waiting for a vague date. Even Xoom did better. Carrier, pricing and already out!

I do wish though that they hadn't messed up things on Verizon with the wifi and with their pricing. Then a lawsuit over "Xoom". Then no wifi version yet. Apple still has it right from the get go.

P.S. Posts got merged. I meant the poster who mentioned that HP should have announced the way Apple did. Having the device almost ready before getting hopes up.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/02/2011 at 04:44 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So this is way better than anything else because, it's thinner? It looks the same? It has a microfiber cover? Nothing new or innovative, just the same like Apple usually does. Thinner, good job, but I don't really care about the thickness now that everything is pretty thin anyways. Dual core, sure everyone is getting that now. All the same stuff as everyone else now.
    The biggest complaint laid at ipad2 was low memory which is (presumably) resolved. It is faster, lighter, thinner and last JUST AS LONG as the last generation (10 hrs) and is available at the SAME price. What is not to like?

It is also available right now. This is why Apple is successful.