View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Do you REALLY believe that the Apple have milions of IPads 2 to 26 countries?

I believe that have just some thousands now...

Best Regards...
    Latest numbers cited were they had about 400,000 as of a week ago. So in another 9 days, probably about that same number. My guess is, in 3 weeks, they'll have millions available as they're projecting 6.5 million sold in this first quarter.
    Lost in all the talk of the hardware is the software Apple is showing right now. They're showing iLife on the iPad - really, really cool stuff that won't be available on any other tablet. This is the kind of stuff people really care about.
    any word on the top of the line price for the ipad...still 729?

i am guessing the 499 price is the wifi only 8megs version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    The thing is mad thin. The cover thing is VERY neat. Front and back cameras is nice. Price is great. Launching March 11th is EXCELLENT.

If iOS 4.3 gives some updates to multi-tasking and notifications its going to be a hard choice to not switch.
    The main question is how much does it weight?
    Apple will again crush webOS and HP.
    Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutzzz... I didn't read this...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    I'd wish I could hear what they're saying in HP's offices right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    That presentation was one of the single most slanderous things to ever come out of the dribbling, pathologically lying marketing department of that company.

Plus, the actual product isn't even that special.
    Put your fire suit on cause you're gonna get flamed.
    Sprint Love
    The price is $499 for Wifi only, 16 Gig.

I'd say this thread isn't relevant anymore.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    1.3 lbs. That's 1/3 of a pound LESS than the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    That presentation was one of the single most slanderous things to ever come out of the dribbling, pathologically lying marketing department of that company.

Plus, the actual product isn't even that special.
    And what exactly was a lie?
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So anyone saying that no company can oust Apple, I have a question for you:

Should all companies trying to compete in the tablet market just stop and give up?

I hope your answer is no.
    No. and you and I know that webOS has unique features, but explaining that part out is difficult. I'm not sure what HP could leverage to really make it stand out, what, have a printer built into the top of it? </sarcasm>

It just right now what they're doing now seems so pointless from a marketing standpoint.

As I said above I hate apple with a passion (it stems from my days in a commodore 64 club in the early 80s) and can't see myself ever buying their stuff.

But I know if I round up a dozen of my friends and show them both's spiel not one of them would get the touchpad even if they could.
    1.3 lbs.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Heh. the iPad has less weight and less wait.
    No Flash, no go. Being cut-off from half of the web maybe something acceptable on a phone but on a tablet meant for media and internet consumption, that is unacceptable.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So anyone saying that no company can oust Apple, I have a question for you:

Should all companies trying to compete in the tablet market just stop and give up?

I hope your answer is no.
    Not at all. They should definitely continue to push for market share.

They just need to realize that they're going to have a hard time getting any kind of inroads if they don't provide compelling reasons to buy their product, a compelling price to buy their product, and a compelling time period to buy it.

Coming out with specs "similar" to an iPad2 for possibly a few hundred dollars more 4 months after it comes out, all with less accessories, less applications, and less trust in your brands ability to draw interest isn't really cutting that.

I love WebOS, I really like the touchstone features, tap to share at the moment is gimmicky to me but I like the potential....but we shouldn't kid ourselves that HP screwed the pooch on a lot of things with this that is going to result in significant market loss than if they had managed to launch the TouchPad by the end of February.

Other companies definitely need to continue to compete, its what keeps innovation and improvement moving. But some realism as to their chances based on their actions needs to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    any word on the top of the line price for the ipad...still 729?

i am guessing the 499 price is the wifi only 8megs version?
    No, $499 is the wifi-only 16GB.

It's 16gb, 32gb, 64 gb. wifi is $499-699. wifi+3g is $629-829.
    I traded in my PC for iMac and honestly i never going back, cause i will have everything centralized with iMac and maybe betting the ipad2 and even the evil iphone5, still on the fence but apple making it very appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    No Flash, no go. Being cut-off from half of the web maybe something acceptable on a phone but on a tablet meant for media and internet consumption, that is unacceptable.
    Jailbreak it (which is legal, as proven in court) and flash will work.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    One positive (and by that I mean negative for apple) is they've mentioned front and back cameras several times. Never have they mentioned specs for these cameras.

I take this to mean they are probably not bumping the specs on those above the iPhone 4... if they were exceeding the Xoom cameras they'd be touting it.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    Apple got it right with releasing the ipad only a few days after announcing it. HP I hope you are selling this at a bargain basement price by the time it is released.
    How does this make any sense? Why is the TouchPad going to be a "bargain basement price" when it's released 3-6 months after the iPad 2? Are the specs going to be worse? There is a whole lot of stupidity being posted in this thread. The TouchPad needs to be competitively priced with the iPad. Spec wise it is competitive. Some of the stupidity is astounding. People want the TouchPad to out spec, out battery life, and out everything the iPad when Apple is spending millions of dollars to billions on technology just as HP is. You're never going to see that. Quit being daft.