View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Just because HP or any other company can't be the top now doesn't mean they won't ever be. Where was Apple in the PC market back in the day? (Which wasn't too long ago)

The stuff doesn't happen in a day people. It's funny that I see, oh HP is dead forever, long gone, Xoom is doa, etc etc... Just because it's like that now, doesn't mean it will be like that later.

Remember, competition is a good thing. And it's going to get stronger.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronk View Post
    i work for a company and got an ipad for free...they really are incredible and these upgrades are astounding...HP is so far behind right now that they may never catch up at this rate....why would anyone wait an extra three months and pay the same price for a HP model that will have limited apps and the same price
    This post is very illogical. Based on what you're saying, why would anyone but ANYTHING other than the iPad?

The differentiator of the TouchPad is webOS and security. webOS does multi-tasking better and has a better notification system. It competes on the specs and needs better app support which will come as the ecosystem and market grows for webOS apps.

I get tired of people acting like HP and every other competitor must release the philosophers stone in order to compete against Apple. If you like webOS what about iPad 2 makes iOS better than webOS? Does it do multitasking better? Does it do notifications better? Will it offer better security if you're operating on an enterprise? No. No. No.

Everyone would love the TouchPad to be released earlier. However, if they released today we'd see all of you *****ing about the lack of app support. There must be a build up in order to get apps developed and released on the platform.
    hdmi out is the biggest deal for me with the ipad. Everything else is just a wash. I think the touchpad will do fine but yes it has fallen a little behind with no rear camera and hdmi port as far as specs go.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I don't think any of the competitors tried to one-up Apple specs. I think they made their own choices on how to make a tablet. Not everyone follows Apples lead. Some do, others don't. Just because they were the "first" (which they weren't, plenty of other tablets before the ipad) doesn't mean everyone follows in their footsteps. I think that's one of the dumbest things people can say.
    Come on, dude. We got cameras...we got dual core processors...we got this...we got that....

Well, Apple has spec parity and they got to the market before almost everyone else despite the fact that they are rushing incomplete OS products to market with NO apps.

65,000 apps is a garbage number. Ok, I can create a ton of crappy apps and put them out on the market. FaceTime = Skype = built in phone app for webOS, photobooth is pretty cool as well as iMovie although I don't know anyone who would do professional editing on their ipad.
    No one needs to do "professional" editing. just the fact that Garageband, iMovie, and other popular apps are on iPad is a BIIIIIG deal. These are consumer grade products with name brand cachet and popularity that make a difference.

Anyway, if you want to dismiss the 65,000 number, have at it. The market doesn't.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I sympathize with the confusion about people going bonkers over it spec wise when a lot of people went ballistic because Palm wasn't A+++++ with the Pre3's specs (For instance, what's the iPad2's RAM? Camera Mega Pixel? The stuff people *****ed about for the Pre3 not being "top of the line).

However, I don't think people are going crazy with the specs. They're going crazy that they're delivering said specs for $499 and in 9 days.

If Apple had did this same announcement, said they're charging $799 for the intro level one, and it'd ship "Sometime in Summer" you'd see everyone being rather negative about it regardless of specs. They'd probably even go on about the specs being "on par" with everyone else.

But the fact they're able to get "on par" with everyone AND do it for a significantly lower price and significantly faster is why people are fans of the announcement.
    And to top it all off, the iPhone5 will be out same time as HP Pre3 and Apple will again crush webOS and HP. Just a shame that HP taking so long to come to the market all fronts. I read that the iPad3 coming end of this year will be a deal breaker. How true is that rumor I dont know but it is a rumor.

And the 9 day delivery is insane, HP should look and learn how to come to the market. People want to see the product and then go out and buy it and not sit on there buns and wait for 4 months, by the time 4 months are up people forget about the product and go buy something else, like iPad2. And this is the biggest thing here the delivery day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    This post is very illogical. Based on what you're saying, why would anyone but ANYTHING other than the iPad?
    That's a really good question.
    Up to 2X faster CPU
    Up to 9X faster Graphics
    This is not "specs"... is just "ads"...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Just because HP or any other company can't be the top now doesn't mean they won't ever be. Where was Apple in the PC market back in the day? (Which wasn't too long ago)

The stuff doesn't happen in a day people. It's funny that I see, oh HP is dead forever, long gone, Xoom is doa, etc etc... Just because it's like that now, doesn't mean it will be like that later.

Remember, competition is a good thing. And it's going to get stronger.
    Competition is a great thing, but when Apple is totally destroying your product before it even gets to market, it's hard to compete. In the year it takes HP to go back to the drawing board and try again, Apple will have done it again.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I really got to say, I love the cover. I loved my old Jornada PocketPC with the metal flip up cover and ever since then that kind of thing's held a special place in my heart.

It looks extremely thin which is always my worry with a cover, having it add a lot of extra bulk. I love the microfiber inside, very smart addition. I also really like the multi-fold layout. Using it as a cover as well as an upright and typing stand makes it extremely useful. All in a much more lower profile and better looking format than the original case. my one hope is that if you flip it around all the way to the back that there's some kind of magnetic to attach it there so its not just flapping away and you have to hold it down.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Apple iOS 4.3 coming March 11 with iPad 2, includes new AirPlay features and FaceTime -- Engadget

When you decide to have your own conference you make arrangements for pricing, release date and carriers.

Not of this "Coming soon we will have a great product" stuff! I am not planning on getting a tablet but things like this just further solidify the reason as to why I am considering moving to another platform. Even tho I love WebOS.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Shorter version of what I posted one page back: The reason this is such a big deal is that Apple just lapped pretty much everybody. They are shipping version TWO before most of the competition can ship their responses to version ONE, and they're doing it at price points no one has been able to match.
    We don't know the price of the TouchPad and any bull**** rumour that comes from some techblog doesn't sway me at all. HP will need to price match Apple. THey do have the scale in order to make pricing competitive.

Apple was the first mover. They of course were able to ship version 2 before most people get version 1 because it's easier to go from 1.0 to 2.0 than from 0.0 to 1.0. Next year, we'll be seeing TouchPad 2 and the likes. If people want a competitive product to the iPad, HP needs to release this summer. If HP would have released and the iPad was coming out the same month, we'd hear "Man! HP is screwed! iPad 2 is coming out the same month as the Touchpad!!!"

Your requirements are not able to be met by anyone other than Apple. It's not logical nor is it consistant.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Apple got it right with releasing the ipad only a few days after announcing it. HP I hope you are selling this at a bargain basement price by the time it is released.

P.S. Thin is in. so please release some thin phones, not tiny, thin. People want thin.
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I wonder how much of HP and others' delays are due to Apple basically calling all the shots with the foundries and manufacturing shops over there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    The TouchPad has a dual core processer and a GyroScope. Specwise they are both very similar. The difference, which to me isn't that meaningful is the thinness.
    And weight and HDMI-out (1080p compatibility). That 1/3 of a pound less is significant. Oh, and availability. You can buy it in one week, not 3-4 months from now.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    One thing that I think the iPad 2 does better is video chat.

I don't understand HP's vertical tablet horizontal video decision. There's so much wasted space (and the video is a lot smaller).
    "Visits? Well that would indicate visitors."
    "Future events such as these will affect you in the future."
    So anyone saying that no company can oust Apple, I have a question for you:

Should all companies trying to compete in the tablet market just stop and give up?

I hope your answer is no.
    Sprint Love
    Spec wise yeah, but also it is out in NINE DAYS!
    Do you REALLY believe that the Apple have milions of IPads 2 to 26 countries?

I believe that have just some thousands now...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You're not going to put out a "game changing" bit of hardware every single year...but when you practically ARE the market you don't really have to.
    So true. But what's stopping huge companies like HP from putting out their own occasional game-changing device now and again? WHy do they all find themselves chasing after Apple's ideas?
    That presentation was one of the single most slanderous things to ever come out of the dribbling, pathologically lying marketing department of that company.

Plus, the actual product isn't even that special.