View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I just don't get how Apple is sooooo much better at reacting and getting their products to market so quickly! It is going to be hard to justify not getting one if a person is in the market for a tablet. If it did Flash it would be a no-brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Yes, shipping next week is fantastic, HP got that wrong for sure. But they also are new to Palm and webOS so they haven't settled their cycles yet while Apple has had years and years to create and make a cycle that works. HP will also have the same thing.

And how is this way better than any other tablets revealed to day? Did you just forget the Xoom or Playbook or TouchPad that have the same hardware practically?
    I think the point of saying "now" is that the Ipad2 is available "now" (shipping next week)...of the ones you are quoting, only the Xoom is out "now" and it's $799.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Yes, shipping next week is fantastic, HP got that wrong for sure. But they also are new to Palm and webOS so they haven't settled their cycles yet while Apple has had years and years to create and make a cycle that works. HP will also have the same thing.
    This may be a valid excuse. But it means nothing to a consumer.

also, I guess we should note that Ios 4.3... will work on legacy devices... sigh...
    I think the touchpad needs to be $299 or its dead in the water.
    Only for you, man...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Well Ruby will say if only touch pad was released before iPAD-2, like he did for droid being released on Verizon before pre plus did.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Everything I've seen so far is about the new cover.. I guess that's the selling point for a lot of people who are looking for a tablet.
    I'm following at engadget's blog. Lots of pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Nice try HP. The iPad2 ships March 11. HDMI out, 2 cameras, 2 colors, on Verizon and ATT. Thinner, lighter and lots more goodies than iPad1.

HP set to refocus push to the enterprise and can kiss the consumer market goodbye!
    I bought my Sprint Pre- on day 1 and have loved it. I upgraded by having a local guy do the FrankenPre to "plus" my Sprint Pre. I anxiously waited for the Feb. 2 announcements and was so excited when I thought my new device was just around the corner. But after using an iPad 1 for a week and now seeing the new iPad 2 specs, I just don't see how I can keep trying to embrace a product that isn't even available to buy (Pre3 and Touchpad.)
    I really hope webOS takes off and HP can make it work, but I don't have the time to mess with all of this metadoctoring and overclocking and patches and stuff. I am a busy professional that needs my divices to just work.

WebOS is so much better than iOS, but not being able to have adequate hardware to use is forcing me to make this decision. I tried so hard to not embrace Apple because I do not agree with a lot of the things they used to do (music downloads) and still do not like that I am somewhat tied to iTunes. But I believe competition from Android, webOS, and even Blackberry has forced Apple to "play by more fair rules." I just don't see how the other 3 will really ever be able to compete with all of the revenue Apple can create from iAds, their apps, and the mindshare they have in this market.

My days with webOS are numbered
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Touch to share, touch stone and cards will rule the day.
    sinsin,

I'm sure that these features will "rule the day" for everyone on this forum, but the masses will buy the iPad and continue to buy the iPad. The TouchPad features you mention will not kill the iPad, it has a strong hold that I just can't imagine ever being overtaken.

I mean, I'm a private pilot and I just read that the FAA has certified the iPad for inflight charts. The iPad is everywhere already and iPad2 is here in 9 days. The TouchPad is nowhere and will arrive with a fizzle in 3-6 months.

Don't get me wrong, I love WebOS and I will most likely buy a TouchPad, I'm just dissappointed that no one else will know how great WebOS is because of poor marketing. Ugh.

A dissapointed WebOS enthusiast,

Kevin
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)

And how is this way better than any other tablets revealed to day? Did you just forget the Xoom or Playbook or TouchPad that have the same hardware practically?
    That's just the point. Every other tablet tried to one-up Apple on specs. Now Apple has caught up specwise AND is shipping before most of them can get to market AND is keeping the exact same prices they seem unable to match.

That is the killer combo. The thinness, color choices, and magnetic stand/cover are just icing on that cake.

Meanwhile, who is catching up to the 65,000 apps, and native biggies like FaceTime, PhotoBooth, and iMovie?

......?
    Who will get the iPad2 or Hold out for HP TouchPad?
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    Hey they don't have beats audio :P
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Look, I'm not a Apple ****** and I've been defending HP's announcement in a lot of ways...

But you've got to be a bit reasonable here. This Market wasn't even in existance at the level it is now prior to the iPad coming into creation. The reason you're seeing Motorola, RIM, Samsung, HP, and others getting into this game is largely due to Apple. Its hard to "innovate" signficantly over a device that in and of itself was a rather large innovation when you're talking about the larger consumer market.

For the "casual" gadget buyer, the multiple colors, the thinness, and accessories like the case (With its colors and various uses) are all things that are extremely attractive. Half of a retail battle is catching peoples eyes and the "look' of your items.

For the hardcore tech guy, the responsiveness of the Xoom and others were already being compared to a single core iPad as to how good or bad they were. As I've been saying to people *****ing about the Pre3, its not about how HUGE the stat numbers are in your specs but rather how well it runs your stuff. iOS ran extremely well on the single core, and this bump up just is adding extra icing on the cake.

There is nothing greatly "revolutionary" here. It didn't need to be, that was last year with its inception. What they did was take necessary evolutionary steps....making it thinner, making it faster, giving it a few new features...while keeping it at the same low price point and delivering it before the competition gets a real foothold in the market.

You're not going to put out a "game changing" bit of hardware every single year...but when you practically ARE the market you don't really have to.

Why buy this over the Xoom, TouchPad, PlayBook, etc? Lower price, more apps, immediete availability are three just off the top before you start getting into more specifics.

In this, Apple did a good job. When you're on top you can't be complacent, but you also don't have to be radical.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    Touch to share, touch stone and cards will rule the day.
    touch to share is a gimmic right now - just does URL's from one device to another on the same profile. Can't use it with a friend or co-worker. can't see me using it much - while a cool feature I would hope it would work with files, photos, etc. by launch. however, i doubt it.

The TouchPad may end with 5% of the market MAX.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Ipad2 Specs:
    Dual Core
    Up to 2X faster CPU
    Up to 9X faster Graphics
    Same low power as A4
    First Dual core tablet to ship on volume
    And GyroScope

and 33% thinner than original.
    Comes in Black and White

How will HP answer this?
    The TouchPad has a dual core processer and a GyroScope. Specwise they are both very similar. The difference, which to me isn't that meaningful is the thinness. I don't really care about colours but I understand that some people might.

This is just forum people going crazy over what is essential spec wise the same as the TouchPad.
    But the iPAD 2 does brain surgery... means i don't need a doctor nor does Dr. Dre lol
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That's just the point. Every other tablet tried to one-up Apple on specs. Now Apple has caught up specwise AND is shipping before most of them can get to market AND is keeping the exact same prices they seem unable to match.

That is the killer combo. The thinness, color choices, and magnetic stand/cover are just icing on that cake.

Meanwhile, who is catching up to the 65,000 apps, and native biggies like FaceTime, PhotoBooth, and iMovie?

......?
    unfortunately, noone is.
    i work for a company and got an ipad for free...they really are incredible and these upgrades are astounding...HP is so far behind right now that they may never catch up at this rate....why would anyone wait an extra three months and pay the same price for a HP model that will have limited apps and the same price
    I don't think any of the competitors tried to one-up Apple specs. I think they made their own choices on how to make a tablet. Not everyone follows Apples lead. Some do, others don't. Just because they were the "first" (which they weren't, plenty of other tablets before the ipad) doesn't mean everyone follows in their footsteps. I think that's one of the dumbest things people can say.

65,000 apps is a garbage number. Ok, I can create a ton of crappy apps and put them out on the market. FaceTime = Skype = built in phone app for webOS, photobooth is pretty cool as well as iMovie although I don't know anyone who would do professional editing on their ipad.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post
    The TouchPad has a dual core processer and a GyroScope. Specwise they are both very similar. The difference, which to me isn't that meaningful is the thinness. I don't really care about colours but I understand that some people might.

This is just forum people going crazy over what is essential spec wise the same as the TouchPad.
    Spec wise yeah, but also it is out in NINE DAYS!

Noone has any clue when the Touchpad will actually launch\ship......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi View Post

Shorter version of what I posted one page back: The reason this is such a big deal is that Apple just lapped pretty much everybody. They are shipping version TWO before most of the competition can ship their responses to version ONE, and they're doing it at price points no one has been able to match.