View Poll Results: Who Will Be Getting The iPad 2?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 19.78%
  • No

78 29.10%
  • Hold Out for HP TouchPad

137 51.12%
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes
    So this is way better than anything else because, it's thinner? It looks the same? It has a microfiber cover? Nothing new or innovative, just the same like Apple usually does. Thinner, good job, but I don't really care about the thickness now that everything is pretty thin anyways. Dual core, sure everyone is getting that now. All the same stuff as everyone else now.
    Sprint Love
    They just killed most of the competition before they made out the gate.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    At this point I think the touchpad needs to be $299 or its dead in the water. the ipad 1 will probably be that low tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Cover/case for the ipad is pretty cool.
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,427 Global Posts
    I like that cover thing.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    So this is way better than anything else because, it's thinner? It looks the same? It has a microfiber cover? Nothing new or innovative, just the same like Apple usually does. Thinner, good job, but I don't really care about the thickness now that everything is pretty thin anyways. Dual core, sure everyone is getting that now. All the same stuff as everyone else now.
    Well that and actually shipping like now. That beats any amount of innovation.
    Man how long will you deny, its way better than any tablets revealed to day.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The thing is mad thin. The cover thing is VERY neat. Front and back cameras is nice. Price is great. Launching March 11th is EXCELLENT.

If iOS 4.3 gives some updates to multi-tasking and notifications its going to be a hard choice to not switch.
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    Personal hotspot for iphone to go with it. DIdn't mention if its free. That hurts as I'm on AT&T and they took it out of my pre...
    I am seriously thinking about getting one for my wifes B-day, was holding out till HP TouchPad but this is just crazy. Apple just knocked out all competitors with price and specs. The longer HP sits quietly the worse they are of. I am on the fence right now.
    Dude, they were smoking everyone in speed and responsiveness with a single-core processor. This just means their UI and app launching response will remain above competitors.

The covers and two base color choices make it more fashionable to mainstream consumers. Seems minor. It's not. People shop visually.

The thinness will pay off when looking at them side-by-side with a competing tablet in any best Buy or Fry's. It's why people will pay hundreds more for the new MacBook air when thicker PC notebooks with equivalent or better guts are so much less. Again, killer aesthetics.

Most importantly, it's available everywhere inexpensively now (new version 9 days from now) with polished software and 65,000 apps.
    Yes, shipping next week is fantastic, HP got that wrong for sure. But they also are new to Palm and webOS so they haven't settled their cycles yet while Apple has had years and years to create and make a cycle that works. HP will also have the same thing.

And how is this way better than any other tablets revealed to day? Did you just forget the Xoom or Playbook or TouchPad that have the same hardware practically?
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    832 Global Posts
    I still hate apple. hatehatehate.

But this thing is so good I might force me to get no tablet at all. argh.
    another gamechanger...and hp is three months too late...again
    Agreed. Apple just blew the TouchPad out of the water. It's cheaper than any other tablet. It's thinner (by a LOT), lighter (again by a lot), faster (dual processor) - and it'll have 3 months of sucking up tablet customers before the TouchPad breaks.
    any idea in how much is the ipad 1 now?
    Everything I've seen so far is about the new cover.. I guess that's the selling point for a lot of people who are looking for a tablet.
    Sprint Love
    Touch to share, touch stone and cards will rule the day.
    Same BS now just with different name " HP "
    Always late to the party. I guess HP will come out and say that they lowered there numbers for this year.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Maybe Apotheker was talking about Apple when he said "ship within weeks of annoucement"?
    Nokia 6185 > Sanyo SCP-5300 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Pre> Franken Pre 2 > iPhone 4S
    (All Sprint)