webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Jolla Tablet - Crowdfunded
Jolla Tablet - Crowdfunded

Old 11/19/2014, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

In a few hours Jolla has managed to raise over $650,000 to fund a tablet.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/j...sourced-tablet
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2014, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Might this make for a good LuneOS port?
Old 11/19/2014, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think it's still too early to worry about LuneOS ports, and all of the best options will be those that have cyanogen builds.

I was thinking more along the lines of a crowdfunded webOS phone being possible in the future. Maybe we could convince an OEM or ODM (I get confused about the difference) to partner with us on a crowdfunded webOS phone production run. Or perhaps a better idea would be an Android phone with open drivers.
i2y4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/19/2014, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

The only crowd funded phone i can imagine being on board with would be a complete clone of the pre3 that simply had updated software and peripherals to match current state of the art.

Or at the least, a crowdsourced replacement lte com board for the pre2 only because it's the only one that's modular. But that would also need a serious software update, basically a webOS 2.3 that actually fixes all synergy failures we are experiencing. Like this cdav thing is so far demonstrating to be a failure on the calendar for me. It's erasing new entries that are supposed to be upsyncing. Nfg.