webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Palm Pre + Droid = PalmDroid +
Palm Pre + Droid = PalmDroid +
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rnp
  • 1 Post By UbuntuBOY

Old 12/18/2012, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Good Morning guys, i decided to compile the Palm Pre + Kernel to fuse it with the Android FS. The road Map is this:

1) compile the Pre Plus Kernel in NDK, changing the boot settings, firstly it has to be on /media mounted like ext3 partition or, creating a specific partition. Couse, experimental, it has to take care of the original webos fs for now...

2) if the 1 step, will be ok, then, there will be the 2 step. I will need about people who will test every function of the build, in this case will be accepted help to test parts like: camera module, phone module, wifi, gsensor, proximity sensor, touchscreen, qwertz/y, gesture area, and all others imput/output devices.

3) when step 2 will be passed, then, i'd like to merge the buind using different boot parameters, in this case will mount in / of the Palm Pre + using a the doctor system.

What do you think about it? I'm bored about 1 Os.

Can you help me in this project? Yesterday i tryed to compile the kernel, where can i find more details about vendors name and devices drivers? I didnt find the Palm Pre + Kernel name in the Open Source Linux Kernel for Pre + shared online by webos...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
UbuntuBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 08:00 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rnp

I confess: I'm still trying to understand this idea...

Best Regards...
Old 12/18/2012, 11:51 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
I confess: I'm still trying to understand this idea...

Best Regards...
nothing to understand if you want to have android will be a nice idea, if not, leave this idea here... bye
Old 12/18/2012, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuBOY View Post
Good Morning guys, i decided to compile the Palm Pre + Kernel to fuse it with the Android FS. The road Map is this:

1) compile the Pre Plus Kernel in NDK, changing the boot settings, firstly it has to be on /media mounted like ext3 partition or, creating a specific partition. Couse, experimental, it has to take care of the original webos fs for now...

2) if the 1 step, will be ok, then, there will be the 2 step. I will need about people who will test every function of the build, in this case will be accepted help to test parts like: camera module, phone module, wifi, gsensor, proximity sensor, touchscreen, qwertz/y, gesture area, and all others imput/output devices.

3) when step 2 will be passed, then, i'd like to merge the buind using different boot parameters, in this case will mount in / of the Palm Pre + using a the doctor system.

What do you think about it? I'm bored about 1 Os.

Can you help me in this project? Yesterday i tryed to compile the kernel, where can i find more details about vendors name and devices drivers? I didnt find the Palm Pre + Kernel name in the Open Source Linux Kernel for Pre + shared online by webos...

This is Pre kernel from webOS 1.4.5. It is same as Pre Plus kernel.
http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...nel-2.6.24.tgz

All drivers you can find in webOS doctor, just unpack it and look at "modules" somewhere in /lib, /usr/lib and etc.
I can help you with testing. Also look at Android on Veer project and Android on Pre (over NFS).

It will be great idea I think
If you need any help, just PM me
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2012, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes brņ i'm using gingerbread rootfs, i thinked to extract the modules from there as i did years ago with N900 and nitdroid. I have this source but in arm there's not the config for the pre. Anyway i'll pm bro' to stay in contact and develope something of different for our Pre+

Old 12/18/2012, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdeveloper View Post
This is Pre kernel from webOS 1.4.5. It is same as Pre Plus kernel.
http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...nel-2.6.24.tgz

All drivers you can find in webOS doctor, just unpack it and look at "modules" somewhere in /lib, /usr/lib and etc.
I can help you with testing. Also look at Android on Veer project and Android on Pre (over NFS).

It will be great idea I think
If you need any help, just PM me
I'll contact you in the morning, thanks for the answer. I'll let you know tomorrow morning about all the project. ;-)

Just couse i can't contact people in PM, using forums -.- from my webos 2.1 0.o then see u tomorrow.

Old 12/18/2012, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

<<thread moved>>

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: UbuntuBOY
Old 12/19/2012, 08:09 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'm game for this. Will need instructions on what exactly is needed, but I have a spare Pre+ lying around. PM me if you'd like.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/21/2012, 07:08 PM   #9 (permalink)

Sorry for the bad, now corrected, section, Moderators. Thx for every one here. Tomorrow i'll start to compile the build starting from the kernel, in the NDK shell, finally, after deep searches in MR Google, i found a Way to get the right defconfig of ours pre's omap! :-) Untill next Maya profecy, hoping that World Life will never end, i'll spend all of my self in this project starting from tomorrow mornig. I'll let you know everything about it. I'm new in compilations, but i'm sure to have back something of ''right'' and a working build. Any help will be welcome, any cooperation too, have a nice day Forum!

Cristian

Can someone help me to find omap_palmpre_defconfig
it's not in the kernel source, and i can't find it anywhere!!! can some one attach it there or link it to me ?

Last edited by UbuntuBOY; 12/23/2012 at 05:13 AM.
Liked by Remy X likes this.
Old 01/02/2013, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)

UbuntuBOY, keep it up
Tenchi-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 12:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UbuntuBOY View Post
Can someone help me to find omap_palmpre_defconfig
it's not in the kernel source, and i can't find it anywhere!!! can some one attach it there or link it to me ?
Kernel:
https://github.com/webos-internals/w...ernel/tree/pre
.config you can get from your phone:
Code:
zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
Of course, you have to configure kernel(choose CONFIG_ANDROID=y, etc).
NIN_ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/08/2013, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Guys: sorry to say that i'm moving to Android, my pre + gotta RIP. I'm bored about many OS, webos left me quickly... My experience with it, was terrible. I had Maemo, Meego, Symbian, Android, Ios, Win Mo... -.- webos -.- was the most terrible os i had. Anyway... Anyway... Have you all a great 2013 first. Tried to compile the kernel but probably my android ndk is incomplete, i had error like androiedeabi-g++ not found... Anyway... I leave... Thank you all guys!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0