webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Touchstone wireless charging NO MOD on samsung galaxy s3
Touchstone wireless charging NO MOD on samsung galaxy s3
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast
  • 1 Post By stu5797
  • 1 Post By Rockbeast

Old 10/30/2012, 08:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Here is avideo review of the samsung galaxy s3 touchstone back cover i purchased from ebay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGvy...e_gdata_player
Thanked By: sledge007
Old 10/30/2012, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks! 7 left
Old 10/30/2012, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

6 left lol
P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
shadavis08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Boom. Done. Twenty bucks.
cujoq37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

How did you only pay $20?
Old 11/01/2012, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
How did you only pay $20?
Maybe he/she paid $40...because they had a double post!

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by sledge007 likes this.
Old 11/01/2012, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Welp, sorry 'bout the double post. Prolly shoulda bought two anyway.

twenty bucks
cujoq37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lol it costs 35 dollars. Not 20!
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 06:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

I paid $28.76 with the exchange. ($28USD free SH)
Old 11/01/2012, 07:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol it costs 35 dollars. Not 20!
shows $20 when I look too
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 07:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
shows $20 when I look too
When looking at the cost you have to add the price for the item and shipping. Total cost is 35
Liked by sledge007 likes this.
Old 11/01/2012, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

We are all talking price of the item...
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Old 11/01/2012, 07:16 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
We are all talking price of the item...
Thats a ridiculous comment. People who do that are the reason ebay sellers try that nonsense.
Old 11/01/2012, 07:29 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have to agree with Stu on this....clearly if you look at my link here, Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 Wireless Charge Back Cover Blue | eBay and the link cujo bought from....it's the SAME seller....for the SAME item :P

Not the first time I've seen that either.

So if the price was free, and the shipping was a $100 does that mean he got it for nothing, and I got ripped off because I had to pay $28? lol
Old 11/01/2012, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats a ridiculous comment. People who do that are the reason ebay sellers try that nonsense.
You do know why they do that right? Has nothing to do with what you are saying... They aren't "trying" to trick the buyer in probably 99.9% of the cases with power sellers.

As someone who has purchased a lot of items from ebay, most items shipping from Asian markets have a higher S&H regardless of item price.
Old 11/02/2012, 04:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Can we talk more about the actual function of the touchstone capable back for the S3 and less about the cost? I think we've covered the cost sufficiently enough that no one has any idea how much they will have to spend.

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Rockbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by HelloNNNewman likes this.
Thanked by crazybirdman, cujoq37, jac-3
Old 11/09/2012, 11:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

I got two and they work perfect. In fact I think they are production backs that never made it to market. Mine were completely sealed in original packing, and both are exactly same including placement of the coil. It works with the case on my S3 and it charges in all orientations unlike my pre which only charges on 90 degrees. I couldn't be happier,now I have the freedom I loved with my pre. The wife and I have touchstones at hem in the kitchen, office and by our night stands as well as in our cars and desks at work. This was a must with a pre, not so much with the good battery life of the S3. I wouldn't hesitate to pick these up if you're waiting to pull the trigger
Mikewardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2012, 01:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
I got two and they work perfect. In fact I think they are production backs that never made it to market.
From what I've heard the color and branding is slightly off from the factory backs... maybe pre-production/prototype? But from the reviews I've heard finish doesn't seem to be as good as factory, maybe this varies by batch though. (coming from HK anything is possible)
Old 11/19/2012, 09:18 AM   #19 (permalink)

I just received mine. However I ordered a flip cover and received a simple back cover I'm keeping it sealed in case I have to return it for exchange. But just in case. Would it be possible to remove the complete wireless charging module from the cover and place it in an other cover? Saves me the wait of multiple weeks for returning and receiving a new one.
spud101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0