webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Android for our Pre3 - Any way of making this happen ?
Android for our Pre3 - Any way of making this happen ?
Like Tree7Likes

Old 01/14/2013, 03:58 AM   #21 (permalink)

I hope that russian developper can bring his work to us with a stable version
pingenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 06:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

webOS is very very good OS (IMHO may be the best), but I need Android for some programms and games. Potential of Pre 3 is high, but it is not using with webOS as it can. Fully working Android chroot or dualboot will be the best way. But also porting many linux apps (such as Transmission, VLC, Audacious, and etc) adding them Mojo/Enyo interface can make Android unnecessary. I prefer second variant. But first is good too.
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by jcmarcos likes this.
Old 01/16/2013, 07:46 AM   #23 (permalink)

Yeah you're right

Hope this russian devellopper continue his work

He says that he will be unavailable until the start of february
Old 01/16/2013, 08:04 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
Yeah you're right

Hope this russian devellopper continue his work

He says that he will be unavailable until the start of february
Yeah, I've read that) I'm from Russia too, and watching all news from Russian webOS community)
darkdeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 03:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

I. Have pre3 and pre2, bought for webOS, why then put Android On them, they are good phones and work
Well, (. I have N9. Meego. And the same question. On N9. Forums can we put Android On it, ),
These phones are hard to find, enjoy them as they are, many people would like to own one to use webOS,
I bought. Nexus S to try Android not in same league as webOS / Meego. Now in a drawer. Unused,
anon5288998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2013, 08:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

I would put android on it as a second choice boot so I could view my security system webcams ...but would be satisfied to have such software in webos without android... I have cm9 on my touchpad for that purpose...
patapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/17/2013, 05:51 AM   #27 (permalink)

Its not really to put Android on it, just to have android as an app and so we can access the app of the play store (viber,news, little games, ...)
Old 01/17/2013, 06:33 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingenet View Post
Its not really to put Android on it, just to have android as an app and so we can access the app of the play store (viber,news, little games, ...)
what you may be asking, if I may suggest, is for an "android emulator" to be able to run android apps inside webos ...I have not seen any such discussed... what there is around are "mods" which are side boots for a modified android system (cyanogen being prominent amongst others) ...that works fine on the touchpad ...requires reboot into the android environment and takes up some (but not too much) space ...I wish (oh, do I) they would do it for the pre 3 but little hope there since it enjoys such a small user footprint ...

is that it ?
Old 01/18/2013, 03:09 AM   #29 (permalink)

Yes something like that, i just need viber working and i will get a pre 3....
Old 01/19/2013, 05:03 AM   #30 (permalink)

it's sound good here ^^
truongtuananhhau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/19/2013, 08:25 AM   #31 (permalink)

We are growing like users......lets do it!!
nc31002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2013, 08:27 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
Fresh news form Russian webOS forums.

Click to view quoted video

Link
what do you mean by "running in chroid"?
palmpreandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2013, 03:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Good news form Russian webOS forums.

Quote:
The client is ready, posted on github. Also began to spread the source of device tree for Android. Now I will write a guide, but I think that for a long time, since it is necessary also in English.
Android CM7/CM9 on HP Pre 3
Pilotovef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/18/2013, 04:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

so, I seem to see this is some version of android running as a card ...can we know some more? like, what is the footprint? what does it actually run? can we get to the google play store with it to get apps? if we don't like it, can we take it off easily? will someone with enough savvy help them with the English language guide so we can get going with this? ...very exciting !!
Old 11/20/2013, 05:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
so, I seem to see this is some version of android running as a card ...can we know some more? like, what is the footprint? what does it actually run? can we get to the google play store with it to get apps? if we don't like it, can we take it off easily? will someone with enough savvy help them with the English language guide so we can get going with this? ...very exciting !!
So, it looks like it keeps its files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot/. The files are Android disk images. Then there is an App and service to run Android. I'm just poking through the source now, and jabbing at the other forum. Seems cool!
Old 11/20/2013, 05:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
So, it looks like it keeps its files in /media/internal/AndroidChroot/. The files are Android disk images. Then there is an App and service to run Android. I'm just poking through the source now, and jabbing at the other forum. Seems cool!
If this would let me have my Exchange calendar back on my Pre3, I'd be all over it!

- Matt
Keyring converters for CSV, eWallet, & CodeWallet
Touchpad patches:Keyring HD,ClassicNote HD, YouTube HD (for 2.1 app), Show email recipient addresses for contacts
Phone patches: Forums fixes and enhancements patch, Weather Channel fix
All-device patches: Update GlobalSign certs, Google Sync https fix, Yahoo contact sync fix

Grabber5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/23/2013, 07:44 PM   #37 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotovef View Post
Good news form Russian webOS forums.
Android CM7/CM9 on HP Pre 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
I'm having trouble locating the github for it. Anybody have a link?

UPDATE - found it https://github.com/nizovn

Last edited by Alan Morford; 11/23/2013 at 08:31 PM. Reason: nevermind found it
Alan Morford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11/24/2013, 05:34 AM   #38 (permalink)

I wonder how much space will it take
mazzinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2013, 03:28 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
I'm having trouble locating the github for it. Anybody have a link?

UPDATE - found it https://github.com/nizovn
Does anyone know how to install it? I tried packaging the files into an .IPK file and installing it, but didn't work.
Attached Images
File Type: png androidchroot_2013-26-11_051936.png (54.2 KB, 20 views) Email Attachment
Jason2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/25/2013, 06:13 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason2004 View Post
Does anyone know how to install it? I tried packaging the files into an .IPK file and installing it, but didn't work.
There are components that need to be compiled, as well as needing a baked Android ROM.

Trying to set up an environment to compile the service. Dunno how to do the ROM...

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0