webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Android on veer is coming
Android on veer is coming
  Reply
Like Tree39Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03/26/2012, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
This site is about the touchscreen driver.
Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
renren12310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by DaDueler, sledge007, vijay_raptor and 5 others like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
wMarck90's Avatar
 
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
This site is about the touchscreen driver.
Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
Great!
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
This site is about the touchscreen driver.
Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
looking forward it!!!!
daydesiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
News:
the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
The app is testing.
renren12310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by antonio2k likes this.
Thanked by antonio2k, wMarck90
Old 03/26/2012, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
wMarck90's Avatar
 
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?

Apps, support, community.
Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
wMarck90's Avatar
 
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
News:
the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
The app is testing.
Can you post screenshot? Thanks.
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Don't worry about your English - we can all understand you without any problems
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Soorma and DaDueler like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
Apps, support, community.
Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
wMarck90's Avatar
 
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 37
Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
Alinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
 
OldSkoolVWLover's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
The app selection on the Pixi/Veer is not directly related to anything Palm/HP did (other than choosing the screen size). Even when production was in full swing by both Plam and HP, the Pixi/Veer did not receive all applications or all application updates because it took more work for a small segment of what was already a small platform (webOS).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
I don't know enough about Android development to know if this is possible or not... may work, but would still be hit and miss.


Pre/Pre+/Pre2 apps are sometimes hit and miss on the Pre3, where they run fine on all 3 of the other devices.
__________________
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 04:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

 
Posts: 3,303
I'll buy a Veer if this happens. Same developer advantages that I get with my TouchPad ..

Although I'd rather see it on the Pre 3, there are still Veers available in the world. And it's not an either/or choice
__________________
Author:
Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 162
I have a spare Veer lying around waiting for this to happen!
dadueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer
 
fxspec06's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,662
put this on a pre 2, and i'll have a dedicated android smartphone. because, you know, i have an extra pre 2 lying around. just like everyone else.

y'all don't have spare pre 2's lying around?!?
__________________
Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Stevesrjr86 and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator

 
sledge007's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,335
I seriously use that phone for 4 things.

Phone.
SMS.
freeTether.
freeTether.

it would be nice to push a button, talk into it, and have it send an SMS.....available in Android. I could see myself using that.
__________________
Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by AwesomePalmPre127 likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 10:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
kryptonite_2448's Avatar
 
Posts: 72
I'm tired of my Veer freezing all the time so I'm all over this.
__________________
Current: Moto X, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 (2012)
Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad CM9, Samsung Galaxy SIII

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
 
HelloNNNewman's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,862
<<thread moved>>

While the hardware is a Veer, the discussion is about another OS. The Veer forum is for questions pertaining to webOS.

Thank you
__________________



Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 02:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 16
wow i'm waiting!!!! really happy for this news!!!
Max Biaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 06:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 13
phnx photos - r2life's shared photo phnx photos - r2life's shared photo
Click it.
renren12310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: wMarck90
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0