webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Android on veer is coming
Android on veer is coming
Like Tree39Likes

Old 03/26/2012, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

https://github.com/xndcn/veer-touchpanel-driver
This site is about the touchscreen driver.
Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Contact*me:rrrstraw@gmail.com
renren12310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by DaDueler, sledge007, vijay_raptor and 5 others like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
Before then, there is a cn developer(Iam070) has ported ICS on veer,but he can't use the touchscreen,today another cn-developer(Xndcn)do it.
Now he is working for doing both-boot.....(my english is poor)....means boot android between webOS easily...
The method will coming soon,if you can stand my poor English,I will translate the progress.
Great!
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
looking forward it!!!!
daydesiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

News:
the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
The app is testing.
Liked by antonio2k likes this.
Thanked by antonio2k, wMarck90
Old 03/26/2012, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by fxspec06 likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 01:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?

Apps, support, community.
Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
Old 03/26/2012, 01:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
News:
the Multi-touch and gesture action have completed.
The app is testing.
Can you post screenshot? Thanks.
Old 03/26/2012, 02:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't worry about your English - we can all understand you without any problems
marcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Soorma and DaDueler like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
Apps, support, community.
Maybe you forgot, but we are still waiting an update for HP Veer, doesn't count the leaked update, HP don't want release this update and don't care about the bugs we have on the OS.
The apps are not regulary update, no new apps and you need also to use USUnlocked service to buy the apps from unsupported country.
Why i have buy an HP Veer? Yes also for webOS, but for the size. I have also an HP Touchpad and this product is supported, apps are update regulary and also the update for the OS.
Most importantly the HP Touchpad get Open webOS from HP i'm sure, for smartphone like HP Veer we don't know, yes can coming from the community, but i expect official support from HP, specially when they never release an update for fix the annoing bugs.
You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 02:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
You will find the same problem with Android. Part of the lack of updates on the Veer is due to screen size, as Derek mentioned in another thread about Open Mobile on the Veer, sadly you still won't be seeing a flood of apps built for suck a small screen (and a screen size that has no equivalent in Android world).

I have owned a Veer since July, and even prior to Leo attempting to kill webOS, there was not a lot of app support for the Veer.
The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
Old 03/26/2012, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
Alinaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 03:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
The problem is Palm / HP, some apps are update to support the Veer other no, because company like Gameloft have left the platform. Palm - HP don't do anything for developer, watch Nokia and Microsoft, they have do a great job, also RIM.
The app selection on the Pixi/Veer is not directly related to anything Palm/HP did (other than choosing the screen size). Even when production was in full swing by both Plam and HP, the Pixi/Veer did not receive all applications or all application updates because it took more work for a small segment of what was already a small platform (webOS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinaki View Post
Small screen... It's all about only 80px. 40 px on each side. If touchscreen and display drivers can override touch and image position in some apps - it would be nice.
I don't know enough about Android development to know if this is possible or not... may work, but would still be hit and miss.

Pre/Pre+/Pre2 apps are sometimes hit and miss on the Pre3, where they run fine on all 3 of the other devices.
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 03/26/2012, 04:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'll buy a Veer if this happens. Same developer advantages that I get with my TouchPad ..

Although I'd rather see it on the Pre 3, there are still Veers available in the world. And it's not an either/or choice
Quote:
(1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
GO OPEN WEBOS!
People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
eblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

I have a spare Veer lying around waiting for this to happen!
dadueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

put this on a pre 2, and i'll have a dedicated android smartphone. because, you know, i have an extra pre 2 lying around. just like everyone else.

y'all don't have spare pre 2's lying around?!?

fxspec06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Stevesrjr86 and OldSkoolVWLover like this.
Old 03/26/2012, 08:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

I seriously use that phone for 4 things.

Phone.
SMS.
freeTether.
freeTether.

it would be nice to push a button, talk into it, and have it send an SMS.....available in Android. I could see myself using that.
Old 03/26/2012, 10:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm tired of my Veer freezing all the time so I'm all over this.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2012, 11:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

<<thread moved>>

While the hardware is a Veer, the discussion is about another OS. The Veer forum is for questions pertaining to webOS.

Thank you

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 02:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

wow i'm waiting!!!! really happy for this news!!!
Max Biaggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 06:22 AM   #20 (permalink)

phnx photos - r2life's shared photo phnx photos - r2life's shared photo
Click it.
Thanked By: wMarck90

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0