webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Android on veer is coming
Android on veer is coming
Like Tree39Likes

Old 03/27/2012, 08:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renren12310 View Post
Thanks it's great! It's Cyanogenmod 7 right? Android 2.3 not Ice cream sandwitch (Android 4.x) ?
wMarck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 09:00 AM   #22 (permalink)

Very impressive!

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 09:07 AM   #23 (permalink)

The photo is only*android 2.3.7,and he said ICS is easy to*run.
renren12310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 09:31 AM   #24 (permalink)

Does A6 still work? Touchstone?
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 09:52 AM   #25 (permalink)

in my opinion,the Touchstone can use because it only works by hardware,but the A6 can't be use because it connect with a webOS drivers by Bluetooth hardware and software.
Old 03/27/2012, 10:52 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
The photo is only*android 2.3.7,and he said ICS is easy to*run.
Great, please ask Xndcn to share their work on XDA and Cyanogenmod Forum they can help, to get soon a beta
Old 03/27/2012, 02:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblade View Post
I'll buy a Veer if this happens. Same developer advantages that I get with my TouchPad ..

Although I'd rather see it on the Pre 3, there are still Veers available in the world. And it's not an either/or choice
I can see the dev advatage... other than that, can't see using it as a daily driver. I don't remember having much space left of the 8 gigs when I was carrying the Veer daily, adding another OS would kill the free space for daily use (like all the apps everyone is hoping to load in android).
I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
OldSkoolVWLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

amazing news!
chrislo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2012, 08:43 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
Am I the only one missing why people want Android on the Veer?
No, there is one more person. I see no point in it. An 800mhz single core android phone with a tiny low res screen. If you need android this badly get an android phone. The whole reason I bought a veer even though I had an iPhone4 is to have a webos phone.
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus and EvanKr like this.
Old 03/28/2012, 03:06 AM   #30 (permalink)

Really good news.I Look forward to it.
vijay_raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2012, 03:41 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
No, there is one more person. I see no point in it. An 800mhz single core android phone with a tiny low res screen. If you need android this badly get an android phone. The whole reason I bought a veer even though I had an iPhone4 is to have a webos phone.
Totally agree, while it's nice to have the option of webOS or Android, it simply won't be that impressive on the Veer. I can already assume that lag will be a problem considering the Veer's 800 MHz Scorpion combined with the general fragmentation expected with Android, and usability would be a problem when you couple such a customizable OS with a cumbersome and tiny display. The reason that I went webOS was more the OS than it was the hardware, if I wanted Android I'd go for a top-of-the-line Android device, as there's definitely no lack of hardware over on that side of the hill, and most of it is much better than the current hardware that webOS runs on. You could argue that porting it over is a good solution to combat webOS' lackluster app catalog, but really, how many apps will there be for a 2.6" 320x400 pixel display?

Nevertheless, it's impressive work, and to everybody that can find a good use for Android on the Veer, enjoy.
EvanKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by OldSkoolVWLover and Vistaus like this.
Old 03/28/2012, 04:20 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanKr View Post
Totally agree, while it's nice to have the option of webOS or Android, it simply won't be that impressive on the Veer. I can already assume that lag will be a problem considering the Veer's 800 MHz Scorpion combined with the general fragmentation expected with Android, and usability would be a problem when you couple such a customizable OS with a cumbersome and tiny display. The reason that I went webOS was more the OS than it was the hardware, if I wanted Android I'd go for a top-of-the-line Android device, as there's definitely no lack of hardware over on that side of the hill, and most of it is much better than the current hardware that webOS runs on. You could argue that porting it over is a good solution to combat webOS' lackluster app catalog, but really, how many apps will there be for a 2.6" 320x400 pixel display?

Nevertheless, it's impressive work, and to everybody that can find a good use for Android on the Veer, enjoy.

I summarize it in one word: "whatsapp".
antonio2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2012, 07:42 AM   #33 (permalink)

Only for apps before openmobile for webOS

Last edited by renren12310; 03/28/2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03/28/2012, 01:17 PM   #34 (permalink)

best thing that could of happened to the veer is android coming. although for my tastes it's too small of a phone for any kind of real use.
smooth3006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/30/2012, 03:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
best thing that could of happened to the veer is android coming. although for my tastes it's too small of a phone for any kind of real use.
Not really... Android has quite a few compact phones and they sell pretty well, e.g. HTC Wildfire and the Galaxy Mini series.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/31/2012, 05:42 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Only for apps before openmobile for webOS
Any news? for an alpha or beta?
Xndcn want share their work on XDA or Cyanogenmod forum?
Thanks.
Old 03/31/2012, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wMarck90 View Post
Any news? for an alpha or beta?
Xndcn want share their work on XDA or Cyanogenmod forum?
Thanks.
There is no news from him,let's wait.
Old 04/01/2012, 07:49 AM   #38 (permalink)

News: phnx photos - r2life's shared photo
The moboot have ported.
Between webOS and Android!!!!
Not fool day news.
Liked by antonio2k likes this.
Old 04/01/2012, 10:36 PM   #39 (permalink)

Good news.Want to try this soon
vijay_raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 11:02 PM   #40 (permalink)

Seems legit... now the decision if I should sell my Veer on eBay like I planned to.

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
kryptonite_2448 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0