webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Other OS's and Devices > Treo/Palm MEMOS on your iPhone?
Treo/Palm MEMOS on your iPhone?

Old 07/23/2008, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone transfered there Palm MEMOS to the iPhone?

SHARP CALCULATOR>SHARP ORGANIZERS>PALM PILOT>PALM Vs>SONY CLIE>BLACKBERRY>SONY UX50>TUNGSTEN C & W>TREO 600>TREO650
HAND WOUND TREO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2008, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Thats not too easy.

Can't we sync memos to Entourage and then sync entourage to the iPhone memos? (is there a Memo app for the iPhone now?)
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/26/2008, 12:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

wow thats another reason not to switch to the iPhone for me.
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2008, 05:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwo View Post
Yes, it is hard to believe that they left this functionality out of the loop. As well, no syncing of tasks either. (Again, PI will do this.)
Perry, do the iPhone memos have "private" designations so that you can put confidential information on them?

BTW, thanks for all of your great advice and input. I also had the original Palm back in '96. Sick of waiting for a non-buggy device that is not 3 years behind current competitor products. The iPhone app store has me looking seriously and I will probably take the plunge with 4 family members after Sprint prorates their EFT later this year.

One last question. Now that you have the iPhone, what iPhone forum(s) do your recommend and frequent?

Thanks again,
Tom
Brainerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2008, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

I find none of the iPhone forums are as good as this one.
captaindan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2008, 07:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Iphone has memos? since when? are we talking the palm memos that can be catagorized, and organized. Where on the iphone do you have that? I have an iphone and the only thing remotely close to memos is a super lame app called Notes.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2008, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
Iphone has memos? since when? are we talking the palm memos that can be catagorized, and organized. Where on the iphone do you have that? I have an iphone and the only thing remotely close to memos is a super lame app called Notes.
I believe they call them "notes/"

"Take notes.

Forget the pen and paper. Use Notes on iPhone to write yourself a quick note and keep important information on hand. There’s even a built-in email function that lets you send notes to yourself or others.
"

apple.com/iphone/features/widgets.html
Old 10/03/2008, 08:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Notes on is nothing to write home about. It is just a blank page you can email. If offers non of hte functionality of memos on the Palm OS. No categories, no search, nothing except email.
cjdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2008, 08:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah. The lack of search is a big bummer. So is cut 'n paste. Hopefully, they remedy this in a update sometime soon.

Palm's time is basically running out for me. I've waited so long for the "next gen" palm that I don't believe that it will materialize. Also, with the new Android and Nokia's new Symbian touch phone, I don't know if Palm will be able to grab the same amount of market share that they enjoyed in the past. Less market share = less 3rd party developer interest. They simply may have taken far too long to develop NOVA.
Old 07/03/2009, 10:04 AM   #10 (permalink)

I also regret getting an iPhone. If I had known that their Notes program was so 1980's I would have gotten a Palm Pre. Has anyone tried SplashNotes to see if it will allow Palm Memos to migrate all at once and then be catagorized on the iPhone? I have not tried it yet but am interested to know if anyone has.
RHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0