1.    #1  
    AOL, Warner to Bring Old TV Shows Online

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8DS8FD00.html

Nov 14, 7:48 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Dozens of old television shows including "Welcome Back Kotter" will be available online and free-of-charge under a deal between America Online Inc. and Warner Bros., the companies announced.

In the latest alternative to traditional TV viewing, a new broadband network, called In2TV, will be launched in early 2006 by AOL and Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution, the companies said Monday.

Besides the TV shows, In2TV will include games, polls and other interactive features.

"Welcome Back Kotter,""Sisters" and "Growing Pains" are among the 30 series to be offered initially. They will be grouped on channels by genre, including comedy, drama, animation, sci-fi and horror, action-adventure and "vintage TV."

In2TV plans to offer more than 100 TV series and at least 300 episodes per month in the first year, the companies said.

The shows will be delivered through AOL Video on Demand, AOL Video Search and AOL Television. At the time of launch, the programs will be available exclusively on AOL and will not be in syndication on TV, AOL official said.

About 35 million homes now have broadband access, compared to 110 million homes with TV. About half of those Internet users say they have watched video online, according to industry analysts.

Several alternates to traditional TV viewing have been announced in recent weeks, including a deal between Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) and Walt Disney Co. that makes reruns of "Lost" and other programs available for downloading to iPods. CBS and NBC have also decided to allow video-on-demand of some of their primetime shows.
    How do you pronounce EVDO? eav-do? Or do you say e-v-d-o?
    E. V. D. O. - ee-vee-dee-oh.
    Hmm...I wonder what else will be going online via evdo.

I also wonder how this will work for the little producers who want to put things on 'tv' but can't afford to with the big tv stations?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Well, just imagine being in a hotel in St. Louis and having to choose from EVDO or WiFi, decisions, decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    E. V. D. O. - ee-vee-dee-oh.
    Thanks
    but can you get it from the Treo? I can't beleive it will be totally free...
    At the time of launch, the programs will be available exclusively on AOL and will not be in syndication on TV, AOL official said.
    I am assuming that they will make their money because you have to be an AOL subscriber?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Hmm...I wonder what else will be going online via evdo.

I also wonder how this will work for the little producers who want to put things on 'tv' but can't afford to with the big tv stations?
    It's already being done, (sort of) via podcasting. I'm actually working on a video podcast, so it's an interest to me. The problem the small guys have is with the bandwidth costs. The large studios can afford to do it. The little guy without the money is at a disadvantage, unless you Torrent it. Streaming and even hosting it for download is out of the question.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It's already being done, (sort of) via podcasting. I'm actually working on a video podcast, so it's an interest to me. The problem the small guys have is with the bandwidth costs. The large studios can afford to do it. The little guy without the money is at a disadvantage, unless you Torrent it. Streaming and even hosting it for download is out of the question.
    I was thinking it may be easier for the 'smaller' guy because it's not just the cable networks/regular tv channels deciding who gets to play versus just not having the money.

11.    #11  
    Insertion......That is one of the huge advantages of Torrent...according to an article I read somewhere about 6 months ago. It said just the EXACTLy what you suggested...that start up bands, movie producers, etc... are turning to Torrent as the only source of distribution they can afford.

The article also went on to say that Hollywood HATE torrent because they can no longer spoof the system with uploading bogus or corrupted files of movies and songs to discourage downloading because Torrent does not just check just the file size as some other P2P networks do, but also the content of the file to make sure each piece you are downloading from each person is from the actual correct file.

Back on topic again....Boy imagine having services like this with EVDO (or even EVDV) with a harddrive and 1 gig in your phone. The near future looks pretty fun to me!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    AOL, Warner to Bring Old TV Shows Online

http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8DS8FD00.html

Nov 14, 7:48 AM (ET)
    "Growing Pains"???!!?!?! What a bore-fest.
    Yes Kotter is boring.

But with Orb and a compatable tuner, card, or external, you can broadcast any tv program, video, music, pics, whatever on your Smartphone.

Never be bored away from home !
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes Kotter is boring.

But with Orb and a compatable tuner, card, or external, you can broadcast any tv program, video, music, pics, whatever on your Smartphone.

Never be bored away from home !
    Great,,, now its not just wreck-less teens with cellphones stuck to their face that I'll have to dodge on the highway,,,, we'll have to watch out for pervs streaming the playboy channel
    what are you posting from your church? Someone watching the playboy channel doesn't equate to them being a perv.

Ur either gay (nothing wrong with that) or have some serious insecurities
    1 | 2
  16. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    what are you posting from your church?
    ROFLMAO!!!
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Check this thread out over at that other board:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=60323

Bob Duckworth