I'm about to take a plunge and buy my first PDA. I have a limited budget so I won't be buying another one for quite some time. Therefore, I spent a considerable amount of time researching the likely candidates for my purchase, as I didn't want to suffer down the road due to an unwise decision.

I flirted with the idea of a PPC, and seriously considered blowing my budget on a Vx, and but after much ado, I settled on a VPL. Despite some drawbacks, I felt that the Platinum was the best choice given my constraints and the current PDA landscape.

However, after perusing the posts here at VisorCentral, I'm wondering if it would be wiser for me to wait until February/March, when "Palm will be unveiling a completely redesigned V series that will be available with a color display and a MMC expansion slot for extra memory" (foo fighter). In addition, I've heard that Palm/HS are planning on eventually migrating from the Dragonball processor altogether.

I would appreciate any feedback or advice, particularly regarding upcoming product releases from HS, Palm and even TRGPro (or god forbid PPC). After all, the last thing I want to do is get caught with an obsolete device, or at least one near the end of it's life cycle.

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to post this in the Prism/Platinum Forum as well