1.    #1  
    Was wondering after reading some posts what the coverage and speed quality have been for fellow Sprint users and the new 6700 are in the MD area?

I'm 10 minutes outside of DC.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I got up to 850k in philly.. A user on pdaphonehome.com reported that he got 742k downtown bmore if that helps at all..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    How do you find the speed your surfing at?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    How do you find the speed your surfing at?
    you can find an estimate of your surfing speed by downloading a file of certain size and measuring how long it takes. There are few site that can do this,

http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed

this thread in pdaphonehome shows speed some users measured

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=56109
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...doEnterZip.jsp

new maps

Sprint will have the second hard launch on Friday, Nov 11 up and running. Expect map changes to happen over the next few weeks/months. over 150 million users will have access to evdo by Q1 2006 (on sprint's website)
    I live in Alexandria and my EV-DO speeds are greatness. I work in Rosslyn and it's greatness in there too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Thanks for the link. The map bums me out because my rural home is outside of the broadband map. That means my next Sprint device will need wifi as well as EVDO so I can get fast speeds on my home wifi network.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    not necessarily. those maps are not up to the minute, for instance, pittsburgh PA has had evdo since june but only last week did the map get updated to show evdo. With the hard launch under way, expect to see more changes to those maps... and soon! 150 million users by Q1 2006 is a lot...
    Yea, those maps don't cover too much as of yet.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Before I ordered my 6700, which after you install voice comand is GREAT, I checked with the Sprint EDVO group and was informed that in the next couple of month most of the network will be high speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyt01
    Before I ordered my 6700, which after you install voice comand is GREAT, I checked with the Sprint EDVO group and was informed that in the next couple of month most of the network will be high speed.

Voice command is by far the best program you can get for the 6700... makes it so much more user friendly. Must have app for this phone.
    Hi. I live in the philly area-jersey side of the river-was surfing this forum and was impressed to read such happy,satisfied posts re: the Sprint 6700. Do tell - who makes it? what is the 6700? What os? Not palm? Are any of you mac users? I like speed,too. Maybe more than other loyalties, like palm or mac. I have no loyalties! That's the ticket! Oh,currently: Sprint&Treo650. Not currently affiliated with any os, though was leaning Mac until reality crept in reading about all the problems! Thanx.
    Quote Originally Posted by lyrigal
    Hi. I live in the philly area-jersey side of the river-was surfing this forum and was impressed to read such happy,satisfied posts re: the Sprint 6700. Do tell - who makes it? what is the 6700? What os? Not palm? Are any of you mac users? I like speed,too. Maybe more than other loyalties, like palm or mac. I have no loyalties! That's the ticket! Oh,currently: Sprint&Treo650. Not currently affiliated with any os, though was leaning Mac until reality crept in reading about all the problems! Thanx.
    It is a Audiovox phone with Windows Mobile 2005 as it's operating system. I currently own the Treo 650 as well and both are good phones but the more i have the 6700 the more I like it. Check out this forum for more info.
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/f...s=&forumid=174