Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    That's what Sprite if for!!!!!

Seriously though, it is not that hard if you follow the hacks already laid out. Think of browsing the Reg just like you would browse folders in Windows Explorer. Simply follow the path stated in one of the posts in the Reg thread down to the reg key that you want to edit and change it to the setting, number, etc... that is directed.

Once you get the basics down, and you follow the directions well, it really only becomes dangerous when you start experiementing blindly to try to figure things out like I often do.

But again (and not to scare you in the least).....NO MATTER IF YOUR EXPERIENCED OR NOT, follow proper procedure by CREATING A CURRENT BACKUP TO RESTORE in the off chance you need it. This would be true if you were playing with system modifications or hacks on Palm or Win. If you make a mistake hard reset, restore from your last back up from a couple minutes ago and try again.
    Like Hobbes said its easy. its not like creating a custom ROM for a Treo. if you messed up the registry you just hard reset and your back to normal. You can copy the registry files to another location before making changes. As far as I know Sprite or any other backup program isn't compatible for the 6700 yet, but I know LadyTreo your using a different machine.

To any one using ContacBreeze.

I am currently using PhonePlus as my one handed dialer but tried ContactBreeze. I don't want to blow 10 bucks on the wrong dialer. I tried about 5 other dialers and 3 PIM managers.

Is there a way to search by name, not parts of names

With PhonePlus it launches with the green phone button so I hit it then type RH for Rhonda and it pull up the contact, I tap it then tap her mobile number, so start to finish 5 presses.

With ContactBreeze, 3 moves down with the joystick 3 moves over to the contact icon, Or tape the tiny contact icon on the screen type RHOND to get to her because RH brings up to many matches.

Is there an easier way?
    Thanks Hobbes and Tem, I feel a bit better!

I have a different question though. I looked on the list of compatible devices and it looks like Contact Breeze can't be used on WM5 devices. I didn't see them listed. But it's working anyway for you?

Also, how many times do you get to install the software before you need to buy a new key? I wanted to install on 3 devices.

Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Oh no! Are we Treo ppl. losing Shadowmite to the PPC6700?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I looked on the list of compatible devices and it looks like Contact Breeze can't be used on WM5 devices.
    Thanks!
    It contains a WM5 cab and is works well on my machine. Fast page transitions etc. I did notice that the found contact could be hidden by the stock time/date/start/app close bar at the top of the PPC.
    I just don't see how it is useful. Unless I am not using it right, it is a slow contact search.
    Tem-

Are you using CB in Full Mode with the 6700 closed?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I had it set to default full mode and the sliding KB was closed.
    So I just start spelling any part of a person or company name until the list is reduced to what I want. Then I hit the joystick center to dial.

Does PhonePad work better than that?
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Well I guess for what I want its better. Its just a dialer. You can go from picking up the phone to making a call quickly. Its attached the the green phone button so all you do it hit phone, 2 letters via T9, tap the contact, tap which number to call.

Or hit the phone button, push joystick left and tap their picture.

Or hit phone button, push joystick right, tap a number in the call log.

Nothing fancy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    He's been using a 6700 for quite some time.
    Phurth, some one,,,,

Whats the best way to launch a program fom the card? The only way I see to do it is using the file explorer and going to the card then oening the file and looking for the exe.

Also is there a standard file structure for the card?

Im use to PALM\LAUNCHER\, PALM\PROGRAMS\PROGRAMS etc.
    When you run a .cab file to install, a shortcut is placed in \WINDOWS\START MENU\PROGRAMS

Whe installing a .cab file to the card, the program directory will be placed in \STORAGE CARD\PROGRAM FILES\
    So what's the best way to launch an application that's stored on the card?

I looked at some 3rd party launchers.

Also after I execute a cab can I then go in and delete the original cab?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    So what's the best way to launch an application that's stored on the card?

I looked at some 3rd party launchers.

Also after I execute a cab can I then go in and delete the original cab?
    I use two launchers for different things. You might want to try HandyLancher. It lets you make two menus you can populate with whatever shortcuts and can be assigned to hard buttons.

If you try out WisBar Advance, it has a cascading Start menu that you can assign to the hard button.

Cabs can be deleted after install.
    I have to install a program from the PPC, I copy the .cab file to My Docs folder for easy access. A lot of .cabs will auto delete themselves once installed.

If you installed it from your desktop, then there is an icon in your Programs in the Menu.

If you had to copy a program to your PPC and want a shortcut in your menu....then use a file manager (Resco is my personal favorite and rec to anyone). Find the file, highlight it, tap and hold, tap Copy Shortcut, browse to Programs under Windows/Start Menu folder, tap and hold and select Paste as Shortcut. The exact menu options may be worded a little different, but I think you get the idea.

Now you have an icon shortcut in Programs under your menu.

I actually take this a step further and created Folders under my Program folder and organized my programs in my Menu. So here is what Start Menu looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 12/08/2005 at 12:15 PM.
    Everyone thanks for the great info!

So I used total commander and highlighted the exe and tapped file and A then create short cut the browsed the tree to the start menu directory, worked perfect!

I put a folder in the start menu and also put one in start/programs to see if there was a difference and it looks all the same. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to doing it one way or the other?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Everyone thanks for the great info!

So I used total commander and highlighted the exe and tapped file and A then create short cut the browsed the tree to the start menu directory, worked perfect!

I put a folder in the start menu and also put one in start/programs to see if there was a difference and it looks all the same. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to doing it one way or the other?
    Doesn't matter. It works just like the Start menu on a PC, except it doesn't cascade without a util like WisBar Advance.

I'm set and lovin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Nope. He's actually ditched his 6700 and gone back to the 650.
    Really,,,, did he say why?
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast