Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    I have had no luck getting pocket outlook to sync with my GMail. Others on the PPC-6700 board have been able to do so - I must be doing something wrong. Anyone else here using the PPC-6700 and Gmail.
    Sorry OJM I have been viewing from the treo and never saw your post.

I have read 30 different posts on users saying they can receive but not send email. It has been intermittent for me on fastmails smtp ond zero luck on gmail. Tech support said they have had a lot of calls on this. Thats the first time I have ever heard them admit to a problem.

I can send to yahoo and fastmail but if I send to gmail I get an error then hours later some of the sent email shows up.

Ive heard this from users on different servers and with different email clients.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Help the newb........

I want to put a wav file on the PPC for email. From what I understand it goes in the windows folder. I dont see one.
    Yes, there is a windows directory on the device, try resco explorer.
    You know that gmail has very specific settings for e-mail clients to function properly, right? Make sure you're using those settings (which are available from the 'Settings' menu in Gmail)...
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Yes, there is a windows directory on the device, try resco explorer.
    Thanks. Worked perfect. Just like on the treo,,,,Resco explorer is awesome!
    Im not getting email saved in the sent folder even though I have checked the "Keep copies of sent items in sent folder"

Anyone else....

Edit: They sometimes go to the sent folder but disappear later even though it is set to kep them in there for 2 weeks.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 11/23/2005 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    You know that gmail has very specific settings for e-mail clients to function properly, right? Make sure you're using those settings (which are available from the 'Settings' menu in Gmail)...
    I gave up on sending with gmail or even sending to gmail. I send my wife cute pics of what the babies are doing every day and gmail says its an illegal attachment.

There has to be some kind of incompatibility if I can send a message but not an attachment right?
    This might be the wrong thread but since you are talking about email:

Does anyone know if WM5 will pick up and send AOL and AIM(the cheap AOL) email? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I gave up on sending with gmail or even sending to gmail. I send my wife cute pics of what the babies are doing every day and gmail says its an illegal attachment.

There has to be some kind of incompatibility if I can send a message but not an attachment right?
    This has been talked about before. The 6700 corrupts the jpg files slightly so that gmail rejects them. It only happens to the pictures that you take with the phone itself. It's one of the many bugs that Shadowmite is trying to get Sprint to fix.
    Sorry LadyTreo, I myself dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    This has been talked about before. The 6700 corrupts the jpg files slightly so that gmail rejects them. It only happens to the pictures that you take with the phone itself. It's one of the many bugs that Shadowmite is trying to get Sprint to fix.
    Ya, I have no trouble sending it to fastmail. I knew something was up with the pics when I couldnt view thumbnails in their default folder on the handheld threw the desktop. However when I copied and pasted the pic to "My Pictures" on the desktop, then the thumb was viewable. I read Shawdowmites list a few days ago it looks very reasonable. I really appreciate that guy.

Did everyone do this fix from pdaphonehome for changing the internet hard button url?

Quote Originally Posted by iamajd2b
    Open Notepad on your PC.

Create a file that has only:

28#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"

Or, if you want the hardware button to actually open a site for you, create a file that says, for instance:

28#"\Windows\iexplore.exe"
    http://www.google.com/xhtml

Save the file as "Internet Explorer.lnk" Of course, save as "all files" instead of "text file." Then, open the AppButtons directory on your mobile device through My Computer on your PC. Drag the file you have newly created over the directory. It will ask you to replace. Say yes. Your hardware button now takes you to the page you entered the URL for.
    Heres the thread link

I was glad to find that one, and it worked perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    This might be the wrong thread but since you are talking about email:

Does anyone know if WM5 will pick up and send AOL and AIM(the cheap AOL) email? Thanks!
    LadyTreo, does this help http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=57320
    Thanks for the link! Looks like there may be problems sending. I bet it has NO problem sending MSN and Hotmail, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Does anyone know if there is anyweay to get threaded SMS on the PPC6700/K-Jam/Cingular version 8125, like we do on the 650
    Thanks
    There are already a couple of PPC6700 threads open and I didn't want to start a new one - so I picked this one.

Anyone who is using SBSH's PocketBreeze Today screen plug-in needs to upgrade to 5.0.01 which has just been released (link). The one thing I've noticed (and it is mentioned in the release notes) is MUCH faster landscape/portrait orientation switching.

This is one small example of the incremental improvements that I've mentioned in the past as something to expect as developers tweak their code for WM5. These small improvements will eventually combine to vastly improve an already pretty good user experience on WM5 (IMHO).
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Thanks Phurth,

Attempting to replace datebook5 this week I have tried agendafusion, super calendar and pocket informant but this pocketbreeze one is awesome

Anyone who uses this may want to remove the tray icons to make room

Screen rotate icon
    In the registry, change the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\ScreenRotate\ShowIcon

from 1 to 0

Wireless manager icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr

DWord: Keep Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Power icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Power

DWord: ShowIcon Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Im a big fan of ledoff to get rid of those stoupid blinkng lights so I was happy to do this one:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

And change the Index value from 1 to 0

Thanks Phurth,

Attempting to replace datebook5 this week I have tried agendafusion, super calendar and pocket informant but this pocketbreeze one is awesome

Anyone who uses this may want to remove the tray icons to make room

Screen rotate icon
    In the registry, change the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\ScreenRotate\ShowIcon

from 1 to 0

Wireless manager icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr

DWord: Keep Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Power icon
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\Power

DWord: ShowIcon Set Value: 0 0x0(0)

Im a big fan of ledoff to get rid of those stoupid blinkng lights so I was happy to do this one:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

And change the Index value from 1 to 0
    I couldn't live without PocketBreeze - you might also want to try out ContactBreeze - it'll give you one handed dialing a good as anything else out there.

I use PocketInformant and like it a lot. It's Agendus with more power but without the resets. There are about a zillion options in preferences - if you stick with it, you'll see you can make it like DateBook or Agendus (in terms of having a clean look).

I've tried those tray icon hacks, but the only ones I'm using now are the ones to eliminate the rotate and power icons. The one that got rid of Wireless Manager boogered-up my Wireless Manager button highlighting somehow.

I don't mind the LEDs on the 6700 - they're quite small compared to the Treo LED which lit my bedroom like an airport runway.

Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    I couldn't live without PocketBreeze - you might also want to try out ContactBreeze - it'll give you one handed dialing a good as anything else out there.

I use PocketInformant and like it a lot. It's Agendus with more power but without the resets. There are about a zillion options in preferences - if you stick with it, you'll see you can make it like DateBook or Agendus (in terms of having a clean look).

I've tried those tray icon hacks, but the only ones I'm using now are the ones to eliminate the rotate and power icons. The one that got rid of Wireless Manager boogered-up my Wireless Manager button highlighting somehow.

I don't mind the LEDs on the 6700 - they're quite small compared to the Treo LED which lit my bedroom like an airport runway.

Pete
    I'll try that contact breeze. I had been using a trial of phonePlus for one handed phone use.

I thought pocket informant was way over board.

Ya, everyone has the same results with removing the wireless manager icon. I didnt see why I needed to use the wireless manager screen. I wondered about that.

I was pretty siked about the LED edit. I figured that one out all by myself after reading some related info about the PPC 6600.
    I just talked a friend into getting the 6700 today and told him about the various forums. It's hacks like these that make the phone usable. He was upgrading from a Treo 600 and was trying to decide between the 650 and the 6700. The 6700 suited his needs better and he knows that he has 14 days to decide to keep it or return it.
    If you want a boat load of Reg Hacks and other useful info, share this with him:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Welcome to the Dark Side of TC! I made the jump over a year ago. The concerns you have below are not really concerns if you know what is really out there. Here are some helpful resources for you: There are TONS of apps. I am a power user and on the road a lot and in the last year, there has not been a program I have not found on Palm that I couldn't find for PPC. (though I have to admit there are some nice single use specialized utilities I wish I could have taken over to my PPC). Here is a thread of mine that points to several great resources to help you out:

Software Choices for WM03 & WM05

Here is a thread I started about tweaking the reg with a lot of valuable info:

Registry Edits Hints and Finds for the PPC-660x/SX66/XV6600

Here is a thread I posted on another forum point to several INVALUABLE threads for those new to the PPC world (please not that this thread says it is focusing on the PPC-6600, but it is really geared for ANY PPC):

Must Read Threads for Newbies!!!!! (and anyone else who wants to be in the know!)

I hope this helps!
    Hobbes, do you have a "registry hack guide for dummies" for the inexperienced? Those of us who don't know what we're doing will destroy our machines. . I'd love to try some of these, but I'm chicken.