Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 230
  1. OJM
    OJM is offline
    OJM's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
       #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    What!? Sirius streams on the 6700? Is this through Sprint's music service, or through a web-based player?
    No need for Sprint - it is FREE to Sirius subscribers! The program is called "SiriuCE" and it is freeware which acts as an interface with Media Player. Only negative is that Sirius only allows access to music channels online. Still amazing! Be sure to PayPal these guys a donation - well worth it.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html
    OJMBrooklyn

    SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    No need for Sprint - it is FREE to Sirius subscribers! The program is called "SiriuCE" and it is freeware which acts as an interface with Media Player. Only negative is that Sirius only allows access to music channels online. Still amazing! Be sure to PayPal these guys a donation - well worth it.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html
    This is pretty F'ing cool! The more I hear about this phone (with the exception of SMS), the more I want one.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    No need for Sprint - it is FREE to Sirius subscribers! The program is called "SiriuCE" and it is freeware which acts as an interface with Media Player. Only negative is that Sirius only allows access to music channels online. Still amazing! Be sure to PayPal these guys a donation - well worth it.

    Here is the link:

    http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html
    Oh man. Now I HAVE to get a WM5 phone. I'm a Sirius subscriber and I'd LOVE to get it streaming to my phone. Thanks for the link.
    There's still no way I'm going to Sprint, so I assume that'll be the HTC wizard (8125) on Cingular soon.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Are you really saying tha WM5 office is better than DocsToGo?? What about excell? Does it keep the formatting like docs to go?

    How can 240x320 beat the wonderful 650 screen??

    Thanks for your very usefull review.
    From what I read, MW office is in fact better than Docs 2 Go. But Excell is the one exception that will lose formatting when you save. As quoted in the article link below "However unlike Word Mobile, formatting or add-ins that aren't supported in Excel Mobile will be deleted when you save the file. Microsoft has added a prompt to remind users of the potential loss of formatting so they have the option to save the file under another name."
    Everything you wanted to know about office is in this article in PocketPC magazine. Check it out:
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives...irections.aspx
    This is also another good article "First look at WM5"
    http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives...winmobile.aspx

    For what it's worth, I've uninstalled Docs 2 Go from my Treo because of too many problems. Maybe I'm the only one.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    My contract is coming up in Feb I think. I keep reading this thread and if there is no new sprint treo, then I am going to give the 6700 a try.

    Those that are using the 6700, please keep posting. Im interested in what BT headsets your using, if you are using the bt mouse and keyboard, gps, etc.

    Keep em coming!
    Alrighty... a couple additional headset notes:

    I'm using the Treo BT headset. Here's how it operates (given that I haven't tried everything yet):

    When BT on the phone is on, turn the headset on and a little headset icon on the phone screen indicates that the headset profile is active. Make a call and the phone connects seamlessly to the headset. Range seems far better. I know I'm thick-headed, but with the Treo I would get interferrence if the phone and headset were on opposite sides of me.

    With my Treo BT headset, pressing the button once opens an audio channel to the phone. Any audio the 6700 produces is routed to the headset - systems beeps, audio books, music... anything. Pressing again closes the audio connection (it also seems to beep a three tone warning after a few minutes, presumably to warn you of the open, battery-consuming connection). Pressing and holding the button for a couple seconds redials the last number (as it does on the Treo).
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  6. #66  
    Thanks all for the 6700 info. Mine will be delivered next week. I have a lot of palm applications that come in PPC versions as well. Has any one been able to switch to a PPC and DL the PPC version of their old palm apps and register with out paying for the application again?

    Also I heard the switch between landscape and portrait mode on the 6700 took 1&1/2 seconds (this sounds slow) Is this true.

    Is the speakerphone the same as the treos in terms of volume?

    Is any part of the OS sluggish? I heard there were delays of some sort?

    I've heard conflicting info on memory. I have 23 megs for my junk on the treo I think. Is it right that you still only get 33 megs for your apps on the 6700?

    OJM over the last 2 years I have gotten to know the pdaphonehome people pretty well and they are a great bunch. Its just a little bit slow over there
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks all for the 6700 info. Mine will be delivered next week. I have a lot of palm applications that come in PPC versions as well. Has any one been able to switch to a PPC and DL the PPC version of their old palm apps and register with out paying for the application again?
    There are some developers that allow you to use your software on either platform. SplashData is one that comes to mind. The entire SplashWallet suite is cross-platform and the reg codes work either way. Pocket Quicken used to, but not any more since 2.5 was released for the Palm. I have a number of games from Astraware - they all work on both with the same reg codes. Handmark Express allows you to change devices and it doesn't care if the new device is POS or WM.
    Also I heard the switch between landscape and portrait mode on the 6700 took 1&1/2 seconds (this sounds slow) Is this true.
    Yes and no. It depends what's on screen when you rotate it and what you're running for skinning apps, etc. If you're like me and are running Wisbar Advance to completely re-skin Windows Mobile and have a data intensive Today screen plug-in (or 4...) it can take more like 2-3 seconds. One interesting thing... I find that I really don't open the keyboard as much as I thought I would. I have Calligrapher (Transcriber on steroids), so I actually do a lot by handwriting.
    Is the speakerphone the same as the treos in terms of volume?
    The speakerphone on my 6700 is much better than my pathetic, anemic, good-for-nothing (without VolumeCare) Treo speakerphone. Also the handset volume is plenty loud.
    Is any part of the OS sluggish? I heard there were delays of some sort?
    It can be, but not consistently. It depends on load. Some things (writing preferences, it seems) cause delays, most likely due to WM5's new memory architecture.
    I've heard conflicting info on memory. I have 23 megs for my junk on the treo I think. Is it right that you still only get 33 megs for your apps on the 6700?
    About that, I guess, is available storage memory (this memory is not used to execute apps, just store them). On WM5 most applications can be stored and run from the storage card without the acrobatics needed on the Palm.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  8. #68  
    Phurth: how is the browsing on wifi? How about on evdo? If I am going to put the cash out for something like this, then I want to eliminate my laptop altogether. I am pretty close with my treo...but not close enough.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Phurth: how is the browsing on wifi? How about on evdo? If I am going to put the cash out for something like this, then I want to eliminate my laptop altogether. I am pretty close with my treo...but not close enough.
    WiFi and EVDO feel about the same speed, actually (the device can only render pages so fast, I imagine). If you use Xiino, I'd say the speed is roughly equivalent, with Xiino being faster overall because of its aggressive caching when you re-visit a page but slower when downloading a page. If you're using Blazer, God help you. I gave up on Blazer within a few weeks of getting my Treo.

    I actually get more "site" on the 6700's screen than I can on the Treo 650. I know the 650 has a higher-res screen, but it's smaller and as I said elsewhere, I feel the 6700 has a higher "effective" resolution. What I mean is that resolution is not the end-all and be-all of screens. A 1" diagonal screen @ 320x320 would be less useable than the Treo's because to take advantage of the extra (tiny!) pixels, the image would be so small as to be unuseable. The bottom line is I can fit more readable webpage in PIE than in Blazer or Xiino - and that's without using the fullscreen feature of PIE.

    Other interesting tidbits: you can view web pages in normal desktop mode (not reformatted), normal small device reformatted, or a neat "one-column" view that almost totally eliminates side scrolling. The 5-way navigates link by link, which can get annoying, though there's a reg hack to change that. Like all pocket PCs, your favorites are sync'd to and from Internet Explorer on your PC. Finally, there is an add-on product that will even let you open multiple PIE windows. There are several tabbed-browser add-ons out there, but none as yet work with WM5.

    Pete
    Last edited by phurth; 11/19/2005 at 10:16 PM.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  10. #70  
    Thanks. I have my fingers crossed hoping that I'll be putting my Treo on ebay instead of sending the 6700 back.

    All of my questions could be answered by myself in a week but this thread eases the buyers remorse.

    My biggest problem with the Treo is that I have to use the stock keyguard, DisableButtons version 2.1 and the stock security app together to prevent application launches in my pouch case. So when I go to use the treo I have to press the calender button then the "OK" button then the p then down then OK. I heard the front hard buttons of the 6700 can be set to not wake up the phone. That sounds good for me but how do you wake it up then?
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    WiFi and EVDO feel about the same speed, actually (the device can only render pages so fast, I imagine). If you use Xiino, I'd say the speed is roughly equivalent, with Xiino being faster overall because of its aggressive caching when you re-visit a page but slower when downloading a page. If you're using Blazer, God help you. I gave up on Blazer within a few weeks of getting my Treo.
    Thanks Pete. I am using xiino but the lo-res on the 600 is a killer.

    Can you post some pics and video from that 1mp cam? How do you like the flash? Is it worth anything?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by tem
    My biggest problem with the Treo is that I have to use the stock keyguard, DisableButtons version 2.1 and the stock security app together to prevent application launches in my pouch case. So when I go to use the treo I have to press the calender button then the "OK" button then the p then down then OK. I heard the front hard buttons of the 6700 can be set to not wake up the phone. That sounds good for me but how do you wake it up then?
    The keyguard on the 6700 actually sucks. The problrm with it is that it disables the keys except the power button - but only so long as the power is off. The phone will often turn itself on (to wireless sync, fetch e-mail, etc...) thus opening up the possibility for all sorts of mischief.

    I've installed a free util called Mortsaver that locks the entire unit down unless you press two keys in sequence. It's also helpful in that it displays a nice wite on black screen showing time, battery and signal.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Can you post some pics and video from that 1mp cam? How do you like the flash? Is it worth anything?
    I'll try to post some cam pics tomorrow (there are some at Shadowmite's site if you want to see some sooner). The flash makes a great flashlight, but isn't a terribly useful camera flash.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  14. #74  
    The speakerphone on the 6700 is so much quieter than the 650 that it's worthless. Anyone trying to tell you differently is lying.

    Here's an unbiased review of the 6700 and WM5: http://www.forbes.com/opinions/free_.../1128/072.html
  15. #75  
    Phurth that's great. Mortsaver will be my first app to install. I've tried every key guard made for palm and none work well on the 650. Coincidentally the only key guard that kept the 650 off was one in which the user had to press 2 buttons simultaneously. I had to reset the 650 a few times to get it to turn on because pressing 2 buttons together at the same time and for the same length of time was extremely difficult. Is Mortsaver easier to use?

    2000 Man, thanks for the forbes link. Is that review intentionally negative giving a problem without giving a work around? Do you ( or anyone else ) agree with all that was said?
  16. #76  
    Also it sounds like WM5 need fixing. Will the 6700 upgrade like the 650 does with new ROMs?

    Not only did I buy this 6700 without researching it but I can't find the power cord for my home PC and I am working 13 hour days making this information hard to come by, so thank you
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The speakerphone on the 6700 is so much quieter than the 650 that it's worthless. Anyone trying to tell you differently is lying.

    Here's an unbiased review of the 6700 and WM5: http://www.forbes.com/opinions/free_.../1128/072.html
    He caught me. I'm lying. Really I'm Bill Gates.

    I said MY 6700's speakerphone is louder than MY Treo 650's. There may be variance between units, but for me the exact opposite was true. My point is not to bash the Treo. As I've said, the Treo is still the best converged device - I just feel it's at the end of it's potential, not the beginning. I was not able to eliminate carrying two devices - with the 6700 I have.

    And "unbiased"???
    Microsoft's customary shoddiness no longer has the ability to astonish--just to sadden.
    This guy is hardly unbiased.

    For the record, I've experienced none of the issues he mentioned.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Phurth that's great. Mortsaver will be my first app to install. I've tried every key guard made for palm and none work well on the 650. Coincidentally the only key guard that kept the 650 off was one in which the user had to press 2 buttons simultaneously. I had to reset the 650 a few times to get it to turn on because pressing 2 buttons together at the same time and for the same length of time was extremely difficult. Is Mortsaver easier to use?

    2000 Man, thanks for the forbes link. Is that review intentionally negative giving a problem without giving a work around? Do you ( or anyone else ) agree with all that was said?
    Mortsaver is very easy to use - to release it's one button - press and hold for a couple seconds. I could go through the Forbes column bit by bit, but it's so obviously biased, well I don't have the time. Suffice it to say I most definitely do not agree with it.
    Also it sounds like WM5 need fixing. Will the 6700 upgrade like the 650 does with new ROMs?
    Yes, there will be ROM upgrades. In fact there will be one early in Q1 2006 in order to add the Microsoft security and access update to fully support Exchange 2003 SP2. Likely there will be other updates included.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  19. #79  
    I've never had a PPC but I have helped my wife with hers. I keep at lest 7 megs free on the Treo so that blazer may still down load and to prevent the "running out of free memory" message. Do PPCs work the same way or can I fill the 6700's 33 megs of usable memory?
  20. #80  
    For any of you who have a windows mobile 5 device, is there a way to change the "from" address like you can in chatter? A lot of us use a server like fastmail to essentially relay emails, but I wouldn't want the outgoing mail to appear as xyz@fastmail.fm. The upcoming exchange push feature seems great, but I'd still like to be able to use my personal IMAP account, even if it has to be pulled.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions