Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 230
  1. #21  
    I realize the miniSD saves space, but is it really that significant of a savings, when 4gb SD cards are just over the horizon?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  2. Silver5's Avatar
    Posts
    529 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I realize the miniSD saves space, but is it really that significant of a savings, when 4gb SD cards are just over the horizon?
    I wish they would stick to a card format instead of something new every two years. I have a few SD card and my laptop came with an SD slot, now I have the inconvience of needing to put my mini SD for the Wizard in an adapter every time I want to load something onto it. Imagine how much CF card could fit if they had continued with them...SD card finally are at the point where they are making people happy and we hbave to change formats again...
  3. #23  
    I had the 6700 - ordered it the second day it was available through Sprint's corporate channel - and gave it the full 14 day trial. I ended up sending it back (although I'm still trying to get Sprint to actually take it back and give me my money - 4 calls and no luck to date ).

    The summary above is accurate, but I send over 100 email/SMS messages a day and sliding out the keyboard, waiting for the screen to flip, and closing the keyboard for every single message just killed me. The keyboard was also not really useable one-handed. It was uber-cool for the tech geek - 800k-1M through EV-DO, auto connecting to my home encrypted WLAN, etc. - but it just didn't help me do my work more effectively, which is my ultimate measure.

    I'll wait for the 700p.
  4. #24  
    I heard there is someone on these boards who is creating a text messaging app for the ppc6700. I sure hope so. I also emailes pdaapps to see if they could create this app too as they created one back in the day when the Treo 300 & Treo 600 did not have it. You guys should email them too!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichS
    I had the 6700 - ordered it the second day it was available through Sprint's corporate channel - and gave it the full 14 day trial. I ended up sending it back (although I'm still trying to get Sprint to actually take it back and give me my money - 4 calls and no luck to date ).

    The summary above is accurate, but I send over 100 email/SMS messages a day and sliding out the keyboard, waiting for the screen to flip, and closing the keyboard for every single message just killed me. The keyboard was also not really useable one-handed. It was uber-cool for the tech geek - 800k-1M through EV-DO, auto connecting to my home encrypted WLAN, etc. - but it just didn't help me do my work more effectively, which is my ultimate measure.

    I'll wait for the 700p.
    Great review. Texting on the 6700 is awful. I guess I got lucky that Sprint refunded my money for the 6700 as soon as they received it back.
  6. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Texting on the 6700 is awful.
    I prefer it for texting over the Treo because of the great keyboard. No more cramped keyboard for me.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I prefer it for texting over the Treo because of the great keyboard. No more cramped keyboard for me.
    You must have really fat fingers to prefer the 6700 despite the terrible SMS handling of Outlook. No threaded SMS = doodoo
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You must have really fat fingers to prefer the 6700 despite the terrible SMS handling of Outlook. No threaded SMS = doodoo
    I've heard about programs trying to be put together to fix this so we wil just have to wait and see. also heard from sprint (so I don't know how much truth ther is behind this) that a update will be released shortly and will adress some of the bigger issues... (maybe sms and picture mail...)
  9. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #29  
    Just normal man hands here. I only text a few times a day so I don't really mind the lack of threading. It's a nice feature but the keyboard pluses outweigh that issue for me.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  10. #30  
    I send about 30 a day or 1000 a month, so I need a phone that works well for texting. The 6700 isn't it.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Well too bad its a miniSD card. I already switched my digicam and waterproof mp3 player to SD card competible.

    I'm currently trialing the 6700 with my wife..and orded mine 2 days later..the 650 will be on the shelf for awhile.

    Regarding the miniSD..i'm going to convert to miniSD and simply use the adapter for use in devices with the larger SD format..

    This way I can move from one device to the other with no regard.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I send about 30 a day or 1000 a month, so I need a phone that works well for texting. The 6700 isn't it.

    I send 1800-2800 sms messages a month and granted yes that was on the treo but I have adjusted to the 6700. If you are looking for one-handed SMS messaging use the dial pad on the screen... works for me when I can only use one hand.
  13. #33  
    That's a lot of spam
  14. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #34  
    I too use alot of SMS and when I had my 6700 this was horrible. Treo 650 beats it hands down. If sprint or whomever could get multiple threaded sessions on 6700 for SMS and a decent standbye IM client then Im going back.. For now t650 is as simple as it gets.
  15. #35  
    I do not understand the complaints of no picture mail on the 6700. It has a huge advantage of being able to attach a picture to a regular email. No extra charge for picture mail. Help me understand the reason why some think this is an issue?

    I just as a test sent myself an email from my 6700 to my laptop and attached a picture, a voice memo and an excel spreadsheet.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I do not understand the complaints of no picture mail on the 6700. It has a huge advantage of being able to attach a picture to a regular email. No extra charge for picture mail. Help me understand the reason why some think this is an issue?

    I just as a test sent myself an email from my 6700 to my laptop and attached a picture, a voice memo and an excel spreadsheet.

    I can live if they do not fix it but most of the time when i do send a picture it is to another mobile phone. It's just very easy to do... Don't get me wrong the email is easy too but it just adds a extra step in sending a picture when I have to use my email account as well as keeping another email address for a mobile phone. (number@pm.sprint.com) And picturemail is included in my power vision plan so I am paying for it in a way... i'd like to use it. I'm sure others will chime in on this but for me like I said it just takes away the ease of use... a little bit.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I too use alot of SMS and when I had my 6700 this was horrible. Treo 650 beats it hands down. If sprint or whomever could get multiple threaded sessions on 6700 for SMS and a decent standbye IM client then Im going back.. For now t650 is as simple as it gets.
    Very true. Maybe WM5 is really hard to code for and that's why no one has been able to figure out how to do a threaded SMS app. The 650 does SMS perfectly.
  18. #38  
    It was the reviews on the TREO board that pushed me over the edge and got me to buy the Apache (PPC-6700)... Well... that and the fact that I got it for a STEAL from Sprint... after discounts, rebates, waived charges... (new contract), I got the 6700 for $350 with waived authoriz... Don't ask, I'd have to kill ya
    Still... I will miss the Treo board... won't miss the Treo... but I will miss the treo board. TTFN...
  19. ptyork's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Very true. Maybe WM5 is really hard to code for and that's why no one has been able to figure out how to do a threaded SMS app. The 650 does SMS perfectly.
    In general WM5 is much easier to code for than PalmOS. The .net compact framework is a breeze compared to the PalmSDK. What I don't know for sure, however, is if/how you can coopt the SMS application/datastore from the default messaging application. I've never tried to do an application that interacts at this level with the OS. If that is possible, then no doubt someone will come up with something superior to the built-in application soon.
  20. #40  
    Just got my 6700 yesterday. So far it seems like a capable device.

    There will certainly be some things I'll miss about the Treo but doubt I will regret the move. Heh, i'll probably miss Treo Central more than the phone.

    I agree the Windows devices are easier to write software for. The Pocket PC app I created for an earlier version of the PPC seems to work well on WM5 without any changes.
    My Windoze toolz http://www.securitysoftware.cc
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions