Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I left my ppc-6700 for multiple reasons. The biggest being, I just was not satissfied with it after having been a treo 650 owner. I kept with it for longer than all the other converts. I had it from Sep 20th to Nov 23rd. During that time I struggled to get myself as happy with it as I was with the treo. In the end, though I was happy with it, I still just wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be. It's size seems larger than the treo the more you hold it dispite the first time it seeming very very small. The keyboard slider is WAY to loose as everyone else had said. Thus everytime I held it to my ear or pulled it out of my pocket it would open a bit.
    Here's your answer. I guess I'm not the only one that thinks the 6700's keyboard sucks.
    I guess the Q-tek or K-Jam would be better then since they have the extra keyboard railings / grooves? A loose keyboard like that would really bug the heck out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    ALSO...anyone who has beeen waiting for a new Palm Treo to be released sethe following I came acrosss on DavesPDA.com...

Palm OS Based Treos Far Off, Palm Going All WM
    Wednesday 12.07.2005 at 05:33 PM
    Rumors just seem to be all over the place on the future of the Palm Treo line. Some are saying Palm will adopt more operating systems while others are saying they will clean house. IT Week is reporting that Palm may bee looking to drop the Palm OS. The article sites the ageing Palm platform that won't be able to match 3G network support already in Windows Mobile 5.0. Palm expects it will take a year to build a product on the new Linux based Palm OS after it is released. PalmSource plans to deliver the Linux based Palm OS in the first half of 2006 meaning Palm likely wouldn't have a device based on the new OS available until 2007.
    Complete Story is on the IT Week website.
    That's depressing if true. That's one thing that could push me into a WM5 device a lot faster. But not the Palm one, unless it's that Hollywood that's supposed to be coming. And that's provided the Hollywood has what I want.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I guess the Q-tek or K-Jam would be better then since they have the extra keyboard railings / grooves? A loose keyboard like that would really bug the heck out of me.
    My KB is not loose. It has never accidentally popped open. But I think your right the Q-tek or K-Jam definately have better KBs for several reasons.

But that being said, I'm deepely in love with my 6700,,,,,,, if the headset jack were any bigger I'd,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    My KB is not loose. It has never accidentally popped open. But I think your right the Q-tek or K-Jam definately have better KBs for several reasons.

But that being said, I'm deepely in love with my 6700,,,,,,, if the headset jack were any bigger I'd,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,, ,,,,,
    Mine never popped open either but I could get it to move slightly when it was closed. Every single 6700 that's I've ever seen has been the same way. It's just a shoddy design.
    My 6700 is not loose and does not pop open either, of course anything on a slider is going to have a certain amount of give to it, common sense tells you that there has to be a balance in resistance to reduce wear and make the device usable for a long term instead of making it to tight out of the box and having to replace parts, for the record there are many posts on TC referring to keyboard problems with Treo's because the keys are exposed constantly and get damaged so this is not a valid point in my opinion.

It is sad that Shadowmite has taken to (if quoted correctly here) speaking in such absolutes and using words like all, everyone and everytime. Those words only come back to haunt because there are 3 of us right here which are not having those issues. I must also point out 2000Man that Shadowmite didn't refer to "dumping" the 6700 or being unhappy with it, rather he said he was "In the end, though I was happy with it, I still just wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be." Maybe Shadowmite should be made aware his words are being used in this out of context way.

2000Man, your desperate attempts to lie to us are, as I said earlier, growing old. It is transparent you have some other motives. I have my own guesses on those motives but it would be a lot easier if you would just explain to us why you are trying to manipulate the sales of certain products by certain companies over others. Or maybe you can't because there are consequences if you do reveal them to us...hmmmm...
    Please go to Shadowmite's site if you think that I've misquoted him.

As for the keyboard, it sounds like you're trying to defend a defective device. There are many sliders out there that don't have any play in the slider when closed. The fact that your 6700's slider wobbles when closed is a sign of poor construction and design.
    2000Man, I ask only one thing from you...please stop the lies. I think the keyboard was designed that way and not defective for a very good reason. It does not wobble and I never said it does nor have I seen anyone else use that term, this is yet another deceitful lie by you.

Now stop telling lies about what I said. I don't need to go to Shadowmite's site to look for it because you supposedly quoted from his site and disproved your own point. My point was your quote of Shadowmite actually was not as you characterized. He said he was HAPPY with the 6700 but not as happy as he wanted to be. So unless you are Shadowmite then please stop the lies immediately.

Anyone else notice that 2000Man has this very annoying habit of taking statements and mischaracterizing them?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Anyone else notice that 2000Man has this very annoying habit of taking statements and mischaracterizing them?
    I have to acknoledge your question gharrod because I would not want to disrespect you by not answering. I have noticed that 2000 Man uses words that do not represent the actual ideas, so that he may make his statements appear more valid. I am not one to argue as it is pointless. I am also not the type to go behind users backs so 2000 Man I must let you know that I have clicked your "report this post" triangle 3 times in order to discourage this thread form turning in to 1 long arguement, then getting closed.

2000 Man please respect my wishes and cease to post in this thread. Your postings remind me of TundyCentral. http://discussion.treocentral.com/member.php?u=36075

WTF,,,, when was tundy un-banned???
    Shadowmite is happier with the Treo 650 than with the Audiovox 6700. I feel the same way. No lie.

I agree with islndboi that the 6700 would have been better if it had a better designed keyboard.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112