Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Fine, now please show us the worldwide model! I'm still waiting for the GSM version to arrive here in the US.

If the GSM version is quad band, I may just order an unlocked one online.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Fine, now please show us the worldwide model! I'm still waiting for the GSM version to arrive here in the US.

If the GSM version is quad band, I may just order an unlocked one online.
    I need GSM too and I'd prefer the antenna-less version and I'd prefer T-Mobile and I'd prefer a black one and I'd prefer a low SAR value and I want it for Christmas.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    They are available if you want to spend the money, I guess. Another poster apparently has one. I just need to ask him where he ordered it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I used my Treo 650 one-handed, stylus free approx. 99% of the time. I use my QTek 9100 one-handed, stylus free 98.5% of the time. This istruly an amazing phone. Everybody who sees it and plays with it cannot believe the strides in technology this phone exemplifies.
    Where did you order your QTek from, please? And is it a quad band? Thanks!

Yes, it is quad-band with EDGE & WiFi.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Why not check out the K-Jam?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks! The one with a US plug will be available on that site on Dec. 12. I looked on that site before, but didn't check the out of stock and pre-release sections.

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    The QTek 9100 and K-Jam are available at www.madmonkeyboy.com. (yes, they are quad band).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Thanks! But may I ask why one is $150 more? They are the same phone, aren't they?

The K-Jam is what the 6700 should have been. The keyboard and form factor are SO nice compared to the 6700.
    Thanks! But may I ask why one is $150 more? They are the same phone, aren't they?
    One of them has a 2 year warranty while the other doesn't (I guess the more expensive is offerring 2 yr war).

I have the Imate jam and I miss having a keyboard. What I don't miss are the antennae and definitely the thickness. I hardly notice the JAM i my pocket @ all. Wifi and BT voice dialing will make me switch. Stupid MS BT stack doesn't have AD2P.
    MS will add A2DP to their BT stack. They're working on it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    The K-Jam is what the 6700 should have been. The keyboard and form factor are SO nice compared to the 6700.
    I SO agree!

Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    Stupid MS BT stack doesn't have AD2P.
    If you are the adventurous kind, look here and you will find an updated bluetooth stack with a whole bunch of added profiles, including A2DP. You will need to register to be able to download it. Full back-up is essential.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...er=asc&start=0

Surur
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Actually, the QTek ($699) is the one with the 2 year warranty. The K-Jam ($749) only has 1 year. The price difference is only $50. Reasoning being reported is that I-Mate K-Jam has a service center in the U.S., therefore making repairs more quickly in theory. However, David at MMB states a 12 day turnaround if repairs are needed on a QTek so I opted for that one. Additionally, the KJam has an extended ROM that the QTek does not (it includes an anti-virus program and Skype, both of which most K-Jam owners have removed).

BTW, there is a simple workaround to using the BT headset for audio other than telephony.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    You're right it's only $50, I'm blind! LOL!

if the HTC Atom had the slide out keyboard while keeping it's size, I'll DEFINITELY get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    If you are the adventurous kind, look here and you will find an updated bluetooth stack with a whole bunch of added profiles, including A2DP. You will need to register to be able to download it. Full back-up is essential.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...er=asc&start=0

Surur
    I knew about that. I'm just a little scurrd.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I think that is what most of us die hard POS users are worried about.
    Nothing to worry about if you use Tweaks2K2
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast