Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I have a T650. It's far from perfect. But, I really do like the way I have it configured.

Today, my customer noticed my phone and pulled out his new 6700. It was the first time I have seen one in person.

I asked him about the sliding keyboard. He said he has gotten used to it by now and it doesn't represent any issues for him. I'm sure after some time it could be friendly enough for me too. I still like the access with one hand on the treo.

The biggest benefit I saw for my use, was that huge screen realestate and improved feature set of WiFi, BT, and EVDO. I'm not sure, but I think the screen while bigger, had a lower rez. Maybe it just had finger prints or had a low rez image for the background, but it just seemed like a lower quality.

Personally, I still favor the Treo with my limited time on one, but some of the new features mentioned are certainly interesting.
    It wasn't just you. The screen on the 6700 is much lower rez than the 650.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    It wasn't just you. The screen on the 6700 is much lower rez than the 650.
    True the screen does have a lower res. but I do not think it is enough to notice. I have had both a 650 and now the 6700. You can not see the difference. I watch movies, browse the web etc and the resoloution on the 6700 is wonderful. I would say go and put one in your hands... and test it yourself.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    True the screen does have a lower res. but I do not think it is enough to notice. I have had both a 650 and now the 6700. You can not see the difference. I watch movies, browse the web etc and the resoloution on the 6700 is wonderful. I would say go and put one in your hands... and test it yourself.
    Because you can't tell the difference means that no one else can?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Because you can't tell the difference means that no one else can?
    No, but it does mean it is not MUCH lower like you stated.

The screen on the 6700 is much lower rez than the 650.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It's somewhat like a brick!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    You think I'm nuts, huh? I saw it though and it was too thick for me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You think I'm nuts, huh? I saw it though and it was too thick for me.

I can see how it could be too thick for smaller hands but a brick... nah... When I first got mine it took a while to adjust from the Treo. Great phone after the adjustment.
    Yeah, I have small hands. I'm a size 6 ring size.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    But, it's not the size of the hands, it's how you...oh wait...nevermind
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    No, but it does mean it is not MUCH lower like you stated.
    Yes, it is. Calculate the pixel size and quantity and you'll find your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But, it's not the size of the hands, it's how you...oh wait...nevermind

I agree!

But for my comfort and also purse, I need a compact device. The Treo is about as thick as I can handle and for some reason I just don't like the form factor of the 6700. BTW, I'm going to test a Wi-Fi PPC(no phone) for the WM5 just to see if it's really any better than the 2003 version.

That is a pretty harsh review in my opinion, specially getting blamed for activesyc's problems. Those bug hopefully are ironed out in the new version just released. Best option is to do a free trial from sprint and see if you like it.

It's somewhat like a brick!
    It is probably due to styling. The size of both phones are very similar, 6700 is little thicker while bit shorter than the treo.
    ppc 6700: 4.25" x 2.3" x 1.0" inches
    treo: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    The physical volume is very different between the two phones though. The 650 is much sleeker and takes up a lot less room.

Everyone is waiting for the rumored update to the 6700. We'll see how many bugs are fixed with the first update.

Here's a good explaination as to why the 6700 runs so slowly compared to the 650. http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php?...ewtopic&t=5478
    Quote Originally Posted by sj2004
    That is a pretty harsh review in my opinion, specially getting blamed for activesyc's problems. Those bug hopefully are ironed out in the new version just released. Best option is to do a free trial from sprint and see if you like it.

It is probably due to styling. The size of both phones are very similar, 6700 is little thicker while bit shorter than the treo.
    ppc 6700: 4.25" x 2.3" x 1.0" inches
    treo: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9 inches
    I suspect the reviewer doesn't really like Windows to begin with. But many use ActiveSync, right? If there's really a prevalent problem, that's not good. Or maybe he just got a lemon?

About the styling, I just don't know but it's not doing it for me.

https://www.pcspromotions.com/phones.php has the PPC 6700 for $68.99.

Here is what the page reads:

$629.99 Regular Price
    -$150 Instant Savings
    -20% Discount Credit
    -$285 Exclusive Credit
    $68.99 Your Price

How do they do this?

They are giving the Treo 650 away for free:

$549.99 Regular Price
    -$150 Instant Savings
    -20% Discount Credit
    -$289.99 Exclusive Credit
    FREE Your Price

Plus no activation fee.
    Palm Professional --> Palm III --> Visor Edge --> Treo 90 --> Sprint Treo 650
    That won't apply unless someone is new to Sprint.

The treo and 6700 are essentially identical in size. The only difference is on paper.

you would be very hard pressed to notice ANY difference.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by robber
    The treo and 6700 are essentially identical in size. The only difference is on paper.

you would be very hard pressed to notice ANY difference.
    If blessed with the sense of sight, you'd be hard pressed NOT to notice a difference in size between the 650 and the 6700. One is sleek and one is a brick.