Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    also try your local compusa because I read in a thread the other day that they are now carrying the 6700... it is available to normal customers now but I ordered mine through telesales..
    I called the 3 closest CompUSA stores to me and they are SOLD OUT!

Thanks for the info though.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by OJM
    Not true. The Sprint store in Brooklyn, NY (on Montague Street) had three 6700s - two of which were available for sale - when I was in the store on 10/29. I had already purchased mine from telesales by then. Not sure if they have recived more or sold out.
    Your store had a demo and two units......sale units gone

mmmmmmm.....a couple of weeks, sounds familiar !
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 11/08/2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Anybody in the NJ area that has the 6700 mind meeting so I can check it out? I can't find this phone anywhere, just online.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    They still have the demo in Brooklyn.
    Anyone picking this phone up I highly recomend picking up Microsofts Voice Command... this program makes a word of difference with this phone and ease of use. Definately check it out if you have a 6700.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Does anyone else find it annoying how it handles SMS in multiple threads. If you have a long converstation with someone you have tons of threads instead of a single thread as wit the Treo 650/600. Im a power SMS user and this was one of my major problems with the 6700. Instant messaging like Verichat or Chatter is another thing. WM5 doesnt have true client that handles standby as it does on T650. Another was with EVDO and 1X.. It would either connect to one and not the other and at times none at all. I was forced to put device in flight mode then back off to get on data. This is a known issue and no one at sprint has managed to figure out. (pdaphonehome.com is full of users with this issue). All in all I wish 6700 had a faster processor. When flipping from screen orientations it lags. When doing the smallest of tasks I notice slow downs.

Overall device is in the right direction. WM5 from application stand point still isnt there. Between working with a T650 and a 6700 the simplicity of doing things and being overall more productive hands down goes to T650 IMO....
    I would think that people who bought the PPC-6700 are professionals, if they lived in a world of constant SMS, they would have stayed with the Treo, or Sidekick.

When did this become a PPC complaint post ?
    I am a heavy sms user even before the treo on my nextel phones... its not as bad as you may think... sure it may take a extra few seconds but is that really that big of a deal? maybe for some of you but for me this phone is a well balanced ppc...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    When did this become a PPC complaint post ?
    Opinion based forum thread. For those looking to purchase and looking for feedbacks. As this is called "Other Handhelds" If anything post is praising the Treo 650.
    True but the forum was called " I Saw the New PPC 6700 Windows" not a comparison of the T650 vs the PPC-6700.

Any device that you don't have the pull out the keyboard and wait for the screen to switch to portrait mode while using the unit, would be much easier than this unit, not to mention sequential sms thread.

Need to start a T650, PPC-6700 comparision thread.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Your right.. Has the 6700 officially been released to public? I had mine for 3 weeks and sold it off. With a public release Sprint will have to get its support reps in order. dlbrummels... Do u have a T650 or 6700... or both? lol
    The 6700 is leaking to consumers slowly, in the stores and at Sprint's site.

Have a T600 and a 6700 in the mail.

Couldn't justify the T650, to little for to much.
    As for the slow reaction time to change from portrait and landscape mode.... if you clear your memory (backround programs running...) you will see a signifcant speed increase... so I would say clear that out every few days and you won't have that slowdown...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yes, and they are REALLY promoting this device... pcspromotions.com had a promotion for this WM5 6700 for $80!!! not a misprint.

http://www.pcspromotions.com/offers.php

they are really trying to push it, unfortunately i dont agree with it just because it's still in the early stages of getting all the bugs out... give it 2-3 more months and i think it'll be great!
    The $80 offer is not there today. I would have jumped on that. Right now it is showing the 6700 as:

$599.99 Regular Price
    -$150 Instant Savings
    $449.99 Your Price
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i should have printscreened it. skippyrq had passed the info on to me earlier today but i wasn't sure i wanted to commit. it definitely existed though, $80 for the 6700. 2 year deal. new line of service. oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    i should have printscreened it. skippyrq had passed the info on to me earlier today but i wasn't sure i wanted to commit. it definitely existed though, $80 for the 6700. 2 year deal. new line of service. oh well
    And when they released the T650 like it was bug free.....
    That deal went dead on 11/10....unfortunate because I think I was going to jump on it too! That was quite a deal, though you had to be tied to a 2 year contract....
    Has anyone tried Skype on the 6700? I'm leaving for Europe and would be great to use Skype where there's Wi-fi.
    It's somewhat like a brick! That is a turn-off for me. Especially with sleeker model PPCs out there.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast