Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Has the SMS problem been fixed yet or do you still have to use the terrible Outlook app? Too bad no one can figure out how to do a threaded SMS app for WM5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Damn! You've switched too??
    I had to take the plunge evdo and wifi were calling me.. I couldn't wait for sprint to get the 700 and switching to verizon to get it when released was out of the question.. sprint has been good to me..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    I had to take the plunge evdo and wifi were calling me.. I couldn't wait for sprint to get the 700 and switching to verizon to get it when released was out of the question.. sprint has been good to me..
    I hear ya.

I'm "upgradable" in another 6 months, and will most likely get a WM phone as well. Hopefully they'll be a few more options by then.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    PPC-6700 is for those who don't want to constantly reset their devices. Case closed! If you want to reset your device after disassembling it and reasembling it at least once a day then the Treo is the one-handed device for you!!
    This is one of the main reasons I'm thinking about making the switch. Wifi & EVDO help also.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Has the SMS problem been fixed yet or do you still have to use the terrible Outlook app? Too bad no one can figure out how to do a threaded SMS app for WM5.

Nope it still is the same along with picturemail... but great phone besides that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Nope it still is the same along with picturemail... but great phone besides that.
    Bad news. I'm getting one once the SMS problem is fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Bad news. I'm getting one once the SMS problem is fixed.
    yea.. sms is handled like email in outlook.. would be cool to have threaded sms like the 650 but i don't use sms that often so it's not that big a deal too me..
    Reading this thread brings back all the memories of the debates and discussions on this forum when I originally switched from my Treo to the PPC-6600. Except that now it appears to be more widely excepted that there are other choices out there.

My point of view has always agreed with several of the comments in this thread, that when I look for a PDA phone, l look to see what phone can meet the demands of my job the best. Heck even with a cracked screen on the 6600 (WM2003) I was able to use my device one handed and without a stylus enough to wait a month for them to replace, thanks largely to the 5 way nav and 9 programable buttons (18 programable buttons with a $5 add on that doubles the buttons with a quick push or long push to launch different programs....plus with Voice Command, which I did not use that much during this time, I could launch any program I wanted). Sure there is no doubt the Treo is more one handed friendly, but IMHO, not to the point of giving up additional power or functionality to meet my needs.

With that said, I always say that if you know what you need and want, you do your research, you ask the right questions with an open mind, you will be happy with whatever phone you choose. There is no phone the maket that offers "One Size Fits All".

Ah.....The old question of "Wifi or no Wifi" also reminded me of when this was really hottly debated exactly a year ago on this forum. The debate has moved from even supporting Wifi to offering Built in Wifi, but my general thoughts then still stand pretty much the same now:

Whiners whining about the Wifi whiners whining about no Wifi!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 11/06/2005 at 11:55 AM.
    For anyone who missed my observations the first time around and is looking for a different viewpoint on this subject, I switched to the PPC-6700 when it first came out, tried it out for two weeks, and then returned it and switched back to the Treo 650. You can find my observations in this *very long* thread here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95809

You can also find other comments by me about this phone here:
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=56302

The bottom line for me was that the 6700, due mostly to WM5's usability issues and/or bugginess/incompatibility issues, frustrated me too much. Take a look at everyone's comments and sort them out on your own. If you have the opportunity to try it out for an extended period, that's probably the best way to tell if you like it. You can always buy it and then return it within 14 days (though Sprint screwed up my bill when doing that - which is hopefully sorted out now).

It's clear that some people have switched and love it. Others (like me), prefer the Treo 650 "experience", even without Ev-DO, Wi-Fi, and the 650's various warts.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I've called all around trying to find a Sprint Store that has the 6700. None of the stores I've contacted has it yet. What store(s) in the New Jersey area has this phone?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I just ordered mine from sprint and received it the next day.. I paid around 640 when all was said and done..
    I want to test drive it before I get it.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    The stores don't have it, only business customers and new orders are.

Expect it around Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by dlbrummels; 11/07/2005 at 02:40 PM.
    I've called all around trying to find a Sprint Store that has the 6700. None of the stores I've contacted has it yet. What store(s) in the New Jersey area has this phone?

Did you call the number I sent you???
    I kinda figured that after I posted..
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    I kinda figured that after I posted..
    Does your 6700 have the new logo?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Does your 6700 have the new logo?
    nope it's got the red one..
  18. OJM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    The stores don't have it, only business customers and new orders are.

Expect it around Thanksgiving.

Not true. The Sprint store in Brooklyn, NY (on Montague Street) had three 6700s - two of which were available for sale - when I was in the store on 10/29. I had already purchased mine from telesales by then. Not sure if they have recived more or sold out.
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    also try your local compusa because I read in a thread the other day that they are now carrying the 6700... it is available to normal customers now but I ordered mine through telesales..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash
    Did you call the number I sent you???
    I want to test drive before I buy.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast