1.    #1  
    This is a link referred from engadget

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=754884

There are two things.

One, the two HTC phones finally have a "HTC" brand. "HTC" brand has alot more creditbility than the retarded "Audiovox", "I-Jam" or whatever, as far as I am concerned. When was the last time you buy a high quality Audiovox anything?

Two. So the Wizard will be avaiable at both T-Mobile USA and Cingular. The Wizard/Apeche twins are the closest competitor to the Treo. Interestingly, all are being made by HTC. Which will HTC give higher priority to? We will find out by the which one is avaiable to the general public sooner. In fact, I think HTC will make sure the Wizard will be avaiable to Cingular and T-Mobile before the Treo w700 to Verizon.

Look at the stuff HTC is making now, and look at all the other PDA phones that are made by other companies. P50, HP iPaq 6515, i730... The HTC phones are probably a good half generation ahead of its competitors. There is no reason why HTC should give priority to Palm when they can deal with the carriers directly and make more money. Treo 650 was the most popular PDA phone from the last generation. Now it is Palm's weakest moment. I think HTC will go for the kill.

All they need is a decent logo.

edit: sorry about the thread title. It doesn't let me edit it.
    Last edited by whatever7; 10/22/2005 at 10:04 PM.
    We will find out by the which one is avaiable to the general public sooner. In fact, I think HTC will make sure the Wizard will be avaiable to Cingular and T-Mobile before the Treo w700 to Verizon."
    Since Cingular's already got their ringtone store set up so you can buy tones specifically for it I'm assumming their HTC Wizard release is imminent - like days or weeks rather than months. I'm out of contract with Cingular and am seriously interested in this phone.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I am so hoping the Wizard hits Cingular in November - talk about kinking Verizon's colon! I've been reading up on this beast, and it's exactly what a lot of us begged Palm to consider over a year ago - sliding keyboard (Tungsten sliders were all the rage at the time); WiFi, Bluetooth and GSM/Edge; landscape mode - only downside even see is no standard SD; we're already at 2gb, and 4gb will be here early next year - going with mini-SD just cramps storage.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I am so hoping the Wizard hits Cingular in November - talk about kinking Verizon's colon! I've been reading up on this beast, and it's exactly what a lot of us begged Palm to consider over a year ago - sliding keyboard (Tungsten sliders were all the rage at the time); WiFi, Bluetooth and GSM/Edge; landscape mode - only downside even see is no standard SD; we're already at 2gb, and 4gb will be here early next year - going with mini-SD just cramps storage.
    Headline over at PocketPC Thoughts (www.pocketpcthoughts.com):

Rumor: T-Mobile USA to Have Universal & Wizard?

Possibly by the end of the year... maybe even as soon as November.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    I am so hoping the Wizard hits Cingular in November - talk about kinking Verizon's colon!
    Yeah, poor Verizon. They've only had a phone with all those features (plus standard SD) out since June . . . with EVDO. They're doomed!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Yeah, poor Verizon. They've only had a phone with all those features (plus standard SD) out since June . . . with EVDO. They're doomed!
    Are you talking about the Samsung 730? It's got WM2003 second edition EX turbo plus! That's worse than POS.

About the Cingular Wizard, I think the rumored model is uglier than the TMo version. Plus TMo charge you 20 for the internet instead of 40. Too bad I am with TMo right now. They won't give me any deal.

I am eagerly looking forward to the Fujitsu Loox n520 myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Headline over at PocketPC Thoughts (www.pocketpcthoughts.com):

Rumor: T-Mobile USA to Have Universal & Wizard?

Possibly by the end of the year... maybe even as soon as November.
    Good find! T-Mobile needs help fast. They haven't had a worthwhile new PDA offering since the 7100t, more than a year ago.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    i730, although not a true POS, is far from sterling. My comment is relative to the 700w - here Verizon puts a lot of its face on the line, and hopefully they can get it out the door by January 06, and Cingular/T-Mobile beat them to the punch (in time for Xmas) with a more feature rich phone/
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.