Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Actually, those pictures don't even do it justice. It has a landscape-mode sliding keyboard and is significantly smaller than the HTC Universal (and is being billed on other sites as a "Universal Killer"). Unfortunately, it is likely never to see the lignt of North America or even Europe unless imported through a speciaty company for a small fortune. It's also (seemingly) missing bluetooth, uses mini-SD (why!?!?), a relatively slow processor compared to the Universal, and I have no clue what form of high speed data it uses. Still, it is nice to see continued innovation in the full PPC size. I'm sure with a little more time, we'll see even more options coming out. Eventually, I'll find one that I'm willing to shell out decent $$$'s to replace my Treo. The PPC-6700 is oh so close, but just not quite there. If it had GPS and a VGA screen (even if it were a little larger, say with a 3.2" screen) I'd be there. Oh well. Next year, I'm confident I'll find a new baby to love...
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I agree that is something I would buy.
  3. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ptyork
    Actually, those pictures don't even do it justice. It has a landscape-mode sliding keyboard and is significantly smaller than the HTC Universal (and is being billed on other sites as a "Universal Killer"). Unfortunately, it is likely never to see the lignt of North America or even Europe unless imported through a speciaty company for a small fortune. It's also (seemingly) missing bluetooth, uses mini-SD (why!?!?), a relatively slow processor compared to the Universal, and I have no clue what form of high speed data it uses. Still, it is nice to see continued innovation in the full PPC size. I'm sure with a little more time, we'll see even more options coming out. Eventually, I'll find one that I'm willing to shell out decent $$$'s to replace my Treo. The PPC-6700 is oh so close, but just not quite there. If it had GPS and a VGA screen (even if it were a little larger, say with a 3.2" screen) I'd be there. Oh well. Next year, I'm confident I'll find a new baby to love...
    Where could we find more pics?
    I would rather have the universal if I wanted something bigger than the K-Jam
    What is Air-H? Overseas version of wcdma?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #7  
    I think it is Air EDGE, likely similar to EDGE in US.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Where could we find more pics?

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000723064261/

http://www.willcom-inc.com/ja/lineup...3sh/index.html

It has a very full keyboard, with separate number keys and even a control key, which the HTC universal does not have.

Surur
    Just depends on how many of these devices Sharp plans on selling. And at what price.

Like it or not, I think the mass market has spoken and decided that having a full qwerty keyboard, always exposed on the device is the way to go (a la Blackberry and Treo). There certainly is a market for devices like this Sharp one, but how large that market is, and how profitable that market is, are questions that remain to be answered.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Like it or not, I think the mass market has spoken and decided that having a full qwerty keyboard, always exposed on the device is the way to go (a la Blackberry and Treo).
    What QWERTY keyboard, not-always-visible, smartphones did consumers have the choice of buying previously? The only other ones that come to mind are the Sidekick (which appears to be quite popular, despite only being offered by one carrier), and the Nokia Communicators, which were priced high and difficult to find in the US.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.