Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I don't this Nokia (Treo Wannabe) even has a camera does it? But then again it does have Wi-Fi so who knows whats going to happen there. Is there any hope of T650 with Wi-Fi???
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I don't this Nokia (Treo Wannabe) even has a camera does it? But then again it does have Wi-Fi so who knows whats going to happen there. Is there any hope of T650 with Wi-Fi???
    No camera. I found more detailed specs:

http://europe.nokia.com/BaseProject/..._techspecs.pdf

Looks like quad-band GSM, push-to-talk, etc...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    That form factor sucks. I don't want to have to lay the thing down somewhere to type out a message. The fact that the keys arent all the same size would drive me crazy too. All the other stuff (3G, WiFi, and Bluetooth 1.2. 2 megpixel camera) are great though.

(Ronbo: you're too fast...tried to post this message and you already had it merged ;-)
    Are you talking about the E70? My ex has (or maybe had by now) the 6800 series. Basically the same design. You don't need to lay it down at all. It's probably about the width of a PSP when it's flipped open like that.
    Last edited by Insertion; 10/13/2005 at 05:11 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    They recently licensed ActiveSync:

http://press.nokia.com/PR/200502/980375_5.html
    Thanks, I will look at this information when I get home. I want to have choices instead of one company only.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    <snip>...(Ronbo: you're too fast...tried to post this message and you already had it merged ;-)
    Sorry, that triangle thing drives me nuts.
    The E70 has a 2 MP camera.

There's always the wi-fi sled for the 650... ;-)
    I think any significant hardware improvements to the Treo would require a redevelopment of the device which I'm guessing Palm cannot afford.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Sorry, that triangle thing drives me nuts.
    As sung by They Might Be Giants:

Particle man, particle man
    Doing the things a particle can
    What's he like? It's not important
    Particle man
    Is he a dot, or is he a speck?
    When he's underwater does he get wet?
    Or does the water get him instead?
    Nobody knows, Particle man
    Triangle man, Triangle man
    Triangle man hates particle man
    They have a fight, Triangle wins
    Triangle man
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Memory Functions:

Expandable memory: 64 MB miniSD card, MultiMediaCardHot swap slot for easy MMC card insertion and remova

Is this the highest size it will support as far as expandable cards? If so..I wouldn't necessary call this a Treo killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Memory Functions:

Expandable memory: 64 MB miniSD card, MultiMediaCardHot swap slot for easy MMC card insertion and remova

Is this the highest size it will support as far as expandable cards? If so..I wouldn't necessary call this a Treo killer.
    If the phone/PDA functions works and no resets, why not? I remember someone stated "... who is going to need more than 28MB on a Treo? " (or some version thereof).
    I think anybody who has ether a) come from the Blackberry platform, or b) had stability problems with their Treo 650, will take a serious look at the Nokia E61. The Symbian OS, while not as robust as Palm, is way more stable. I will definitely look at this model when I can lay my fuzzy fingers all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Since majority of the computing world runs on MS, wouldn't Nokia have some sort of compatibility software to work with MS applications (pretty much the same with Treo Palm OS)?
    How-ever... The majority of the *mobile* world runs on Symbian -hands down- and Symbian has been syncing with Outlook since it was Psion. Symbian's devices bundle Office compatibility right out of the box. Also, if you go to third-party DocsToGo and QuickOffice sites, you'll see they each have new/er Symbian versions.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    If Palm ddon't get off their arses and come up with a replacement for the T650 when I'm ready to upgrade next year, at least Nokia make the e61. It has the right form factor (if a tad wide), no moving parts (i will never buy another mobile phone with moving parts), has a proper keyboard and doesn't run windows. Nokia have done me well in the past and I'll gladly go back to them if Palm don't come up with the goods when it's upgrade time (next May I think).
    This thing looks like the 'Real Deal'. Would love to take it for a test drive.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Nokia phones are yawntastic..
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yawntastic is a good thing. I rely on my treo for everything. I don't have room for excitement. Nokia are like the Volvo of phones.

Given the choice of Windows Mobile on a Palm or Symbian on a Nokia, I choose Nokia every time.
    I had always had a Nokia phone before I got my Treo. While different, I find Nokia phones to be very intuitive and *stable*. I'm just hoping for something in a CDMA line - although that doesn't seem to be Nokia's direction anymore.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Ugly phone! No stylus or touchscreen...fat and cow-like ala most wives!
    No camera, less screen res (e61) and running Symbian.(not widely used here) I do like the feature-rich bells and whistles but the form-factor is too much like ppC.. Nice try though...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12