Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    So, hofomofo, are you coming back to Treo for a while? My Wifi sled for the Treo 650 is working perfectly now but I only use it when I am in the USA. I never went beyond my 100mb allowance on Rogers anyway. Your multiple Treo resets a day must be more of a software problem. Mine is solid (like you, I have an unlocked GSM version with the latest firmware/software).
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    So, hofomofo, are you coming back to Treo for a while? My Wifi sled for the Treo 650 is working perfectly now but I only use it when I am in the USA. I never went beyond my 100mb allowance on Rogers anyway. Your multiple Treo resets a day must be more of a software problem. Mine is solid (like you, I have an unlocked GSM version with the latest firmware/software).
    i will be coming back to the treo most likely...as larry said not many apps available (silly me)...and although the drawer keyboard rocks...i need it easily acceptable...so maybe the HW6700 maybe up my alley..

but yeah hopefully i shouldnt have a problem with expansys returning this puppy, and then in turn i will buy a wifi sled..although it is uglier than me naked...and thats pretty ugly

but i have to admit that activesync is probably the nicest thing about this unit...and people have said how evil activesync is...

i tried styletap the other day and its very ugly but alas i will try again
    Hrm. What is wrong with the calandar? Can you explain here?

The reset thing. You must press the power button and leave the device off for 10-15 seconds before soft resetting it. When you do this it writes everything in memory to flash. This is by design.

If I were you I would give it a bit. Its common for people to have trouble converting because they are trying todo what they were doing on the Treo on the PPC. Its not a direct conversion with improvements. Its more like learning how todo it another way with improvements.

So far I LOVE my KJam. It is absolutely the best PDA/Phone I have ever used.
  4.    #24  
    you know i woke up this morning and i was going gto keep my k-jam...then i got my RMA number and i started to think.

The K-Jam i love, and you know what i want to keep it, but i have shall I say my entire life tied up in the Treo 650...i truly want to keep the K-Jam, its a lot of fun to play with and it is smaller and such...but the lack of programs is kinda killing me..i dunno why...but i need those apps on my treo (they are games and apps that i like and use)..

so yeah i got my RMA..and now i have to do this things through expansys...well they have been nice to me already lets see if this will continue

Oh yeah, i decided to go back to my T65 i-volution case, the T66 is great but I miss the lack of bulk..

so DocGo you gonna lend me your sled I want to know what it will work with and what it wont...especially with chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    you know i woke up this morning and i was going gto keep my k-jam...then i got my RMA number and i started to think.

The K-Jam i love, and you know what i want to keep it, but i have shall I say my entire life tied up in the Treo 650...i truly want to keep the K-Jam, its a lot of fun to play with and it is smaller and such...but the lack of programs is kinda killing me..i dunno why...but i need those apps on my treo (they are games and apps that i like and use)..

so yeah i got my RMA..and now i have to do this things through expansys...well they have been nice to me already lets see if this will continue

Oh yeah, i decided to go back to my T65 i-volution case, the T66 is great but I miss the lack of bulk..

so DocGo you gonna lend me your sled I want to know what it will work with and what it wont...especially with chatter
    Sorry you had a hard time with your K-Jam. Its not for everyone.

I wish though that you gave it a bit more of a chance. You bought a device that in most markets isnt even released yet. This is the very very first version of this device and some of the issues you are having are because of that. Soon most of the applications will be re-compiled for WM5 (most of the reasons why they are not now, is because most people think there isn't any devices released with WM5 yet). I also think that after time you would of made the change over to doing things a bit different (the PPC way).
  6.    #26  
    i can garauntee you i will be switching over to the ppc way...ive always wanted to, and now that ive tasted it i want more...but i think i may have moved too quickly...i need to know that when i go their i will have an endless supply of apps at my disposal...i am honesty going to miss this puppy...but as i said, i lept to early, but i will be back, i know i will...and it will either be with the k-jam again (later on down the road) or with the 6700 (because of the front keypad)...which one will i choose..
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I can assure you that it works with blazer and chatter. I have tried both while connected to Wifi via the sled. Wifi is fun and maybe $$$ saving if you travel outside Canada and don't want to use Roger$ roaming data charges. But if you just use your Treo within Canada and can keep your data usage to 100mb per month (and have that in your phone plan), then it is less of a hassle to surf just using gprs.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I have switched back and forth between a PPC and Palm handhelds over the years...but for my medical programs, I still prefer the Palm platform. Some programs that "cross-platform" (example, Handbase, Palm EReader) have smaller memory footprint with Palm vs PPC version. Again, this is just my preference but maybe we shall see if the Palm-tinkered WM5 in the Treo 700w will be snazzier than previous PPCs.
    The Doctor is IN!
    If Orb came out with a Palm version then there wouldn't be as much reason to switch for me because most other things you can with the treo (albeit not as easily) and a WiFi sled (i.e. remote desktop). The sled seems so bulky though that I'm not sure I would have it with me when I actually needed it. I just wish they would have an SD wifi card that would work.
    I agree about the crappiness of the Calendar on WM! It is absolutely the most pathetic thing ever! YUK! In fact, the entire default PIM on WM (at least on my x50v) is terrible. If you decide to keep the k-ja,, definitely get PI cuz without it, the PIM on WM devices absolutely stink...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11.    #31  
    It was offically shipped back to expansys this afternoon via UPS standard....i honestly don't regret sending it back
    What's the substantive difference between K-Jam and 6700? I did a forum search and get "the Apache is the CDMA version of the Wizard" <or was it the reverse...> and the processer is different. Otherwise they are said to be just GSM and CDMA sides of the same coin.
    Did I miss something?

Hofo - tx for the eval. I was about to run, not walk for a 6700 + it seems like waiting a few months may be wise, bugs should be shaken out by then.
    Hey, there could be an EVDO POS treo by then, with chances of that being at least equal to hitting the lottery. And I don't play the lottery.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    What's the substantive difference between K-Jam and 6700?

I believe they are both just variants of the HTC Wizard ref design. Although one is for cdma and the other is gsm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrackBerry
    What's the substantive difference between K-Jam and 6700? I did a forum search and get "the Apache is the CDMA version of the Wizard" <or was it the reverse...> and the processer is different. Otherwise they are said to be just GSM and CDMA sides of the same coin.
    Did I miss something?

Hofo - tx for the eval. I was about to run, not walk for a 6700 + it seems like waiting a few months may be wise, bugs should be shaken out by then.
    Hey, there could be an EVDO POS treo by then, with chances of that being at least equal to hitting the lottery. And I don't play the lottery.
    The K-Jam is the HTC Wizard (GSM), the PPC6700 is the HTC Apache (CDMA). They are similar, but not identical. As noted, the processor is a 400MHz XScale on the 6700 and is a 200MHz OMAP.

Some other differences I've read about (I've been agonizing over which one to get...): The 6700 has: an external antenna, EVDO, single speaker, low speakerphone volume, "flatter" keyboard keys with harder to read backlighting, and a little joystick thingie instead of a D-Pad. It can be had from a reseller on eBay for $350 with a 2 year Sprint contract.

The K-Jam (which will also be released as the QTek 9100, and probably by TMo in the USA as the MDA-something-or-other) has: dual speakers and better speakerphone volume, a D-Pad, quad-band GSM with EDGE, a better backlit keyboard with keys with more "texture" to them. It is $$$$ (I've seen prices higher than $800) because there is not yet a US carrier offering a subsidy.

They both have WiFi, the same screen, the same basic keyboard layout, use a simple USB cable for power and sync, and Windows Mobile 5. There's much more, I'm sure, but those are the basics.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12