Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/tech...FREE&cm_ite=NA

On Tuesday, the software behemoth joined Motorola and Sprint Nextel in announcing the first Windows Mobile-based, push-to-talk smartphone, which will take advantage of Nextel's walkie-talkie network.
    Am I missing something, or where in there did it say this phone will be the Q? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Q$ $has$ $only$ $been$ $announced$ $for$ $GSM$ $networks$, $not$ $CDMA$ $networks$ $like$ $Sprint$/$Nextel$.
    I'm back!
    To Q, or not to Q. That is not the question.

The question is, do we really need another annoying PTT phone??
    Last edited by Insertion; 09/30/2005 at 04:06 PM. Reason: made a tae po
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Am I missing something, or where in there did it say this phone will be the Q? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Q$ $has$ $only$ $been$ $announced$ $for$ $GSM$ $networks$, $not$ $CDMA$ $networks$ $like$ $Sprint$/$Nextel$.
    Good catch. Please excuse my brick-like attributes. Did they say what this smartphone will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

The question is, do we really need another annoying PPT phone??
    <beep!> Roger that, Roger! </beep!>
    I'm back!
    I think that article is referring to the i930 coming to Sprint/Nextel , not the "Q".
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    Good catch. Please excuse my brick-like attributes. Did they say what this smartphone will be?
    Nope. Just that the next Microsoft/Motorola/Sprint/Nextel phone will have PTT in it.

My guess would be the R though.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by topher
    I think that article is referring to the i930 coming to Sprint/Nextel , not the "Q".
    Wow, that phone is so Nextel-like, especially with the iDEN-on-GSM roaming thing. Plus it's running WM 2003se, not WM 5, so it will probably sell as well as the Mpx did. Not the 220, the one that didn't come out.

And there's no keyboard.

Not interested.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion

The question is, do we really need another annoying PPT phone??
    No, but it's just one of those uncool things we use in the office. I was looking forward to replacing my ugly i390 if this is the Q.