1.    #1  
    I went to CTIA today. I have a lot of pictures of the Apache, Wizards, Universal, etc. To see go here: http://www.one82.com/corp/newsletter/CTIA1.html
    Any information, rumors etc about the timing of availability of the Wizards, from carriers or otherwise?
    The universal is HUGE!!!!!! Why not buy a notebook and carry a cellphone?!
    I frankly am getting tired of anyone saying anything but a Treo is HUGE just because it is 1/10th of an inch thicker or longer or wider then the Treo. If you want small only then why did you get a Treo in the first place? Sounds like you have nothing else to say bad so you default to that. These devices are not huge and no where near the size of a laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I frankly am getting tired of anyone saying anything but a Treo is HUGE just because it is 1/10th of an inch thicker or longer or wider then the Treo. If you want small only then why did you get a Treo in the first place? Sounds like you have nothing else to say bad so you default to that. These devices are not huge and no where near the size of a laptop.
    After reviewing all the pics, I have to agree. The 6700 is NOT huge. If I can get enough freeware PPC apps to replace my Palm apps, and if I can play around with the 6700 in person at a Sprint store, I'll have to strongly consider the switch now.
    you can't get one at a Sprint store, they were all ordered to return the phones, Sprint has several hundred in stok but is only selling to business clients, go to ebay and you can find one at a lot better then the $630 price by adding a line to your service...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Actually I was comparing the dark gray PPC (I THOUGHT was the Universal) with the light gray PPC (I THOUGHT) was the Wizard in the 2nd or 3rd picture on the link above. Good lord! Thanks for jumping me and saying that I was comparing it to the Treo. I am simply trying to decide which device to switch to from the Treo. the size and form factor is nice but I think I a WM5 smartphone would suite me better. Sorry I got mixed up with the code names and the numbers (6700, I730, Wizard, Apache, Universal, etc...).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Actually I was comparing the dark gray PPC (I THOUGHT was the Universal) with the light gray PPC (I THOUGHT) was the Wizard in the 2nd or 3rd picture on the link above. Good lord! Thanks for jumping me and saying that I was comparing it to the Treo. I am simply trying to decide which device to switch to from the Treo. the size and form factor is nice but I think I a WM5 smartphone would suite me better. Sorry I got mixed up with the code names and the numbers (6700, I730, Wizard, Apache, Universal, etc...).
    Dark grey one is the Universal. Light grey (almost white) one is the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Dark grey one is the Universal. Light grey (almost white) one is the 6700.
    Thanks Farzon!! I appreciate the explanation!
    treozero, it was meant to be a comment to all not a flame on you that there are way to many who assume that anything which is not named Treo is too big for anyone else. that is just not the case. I understand the poyalties so many have to the Treo (I have graduated from the 180, 300, 600, 650 myself) but I find myself wanting to abandon the narrow costraints of the OS and the issues/limitations it seems to present and try something else for a bit. it may be a mistake but I get to decide that based upon my experience. I am looking forward to being able to use services like Logmein.com which I can not use with the Treo. the bottom line is everything has its benefits and drawbacks and each of us has to decide that on our own merits not on whether someone else thinks a phoneis HUGE because it is 1/10 of an inch thicker then another...
    I'll take a universal over a slider phone and day. Clamshell is the only way to go. You have a qwerty KB, you can close and protect the display or close it as a tablet, the best of every thing. I cant wait!!!
    Good points Tem & Gharrod. The clamshell definitely has its benefits. It just seems big compared to the slider and (shhhhhh...don't tell gharrod ) the Treo. I think I need to hold (and caress) it before I can decide (or complain).
    I will probably be another year or 2 before this form factor migrates to a palmphone in the States but the 650 is pretty awsome, the wait wont kill me.