Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    The Q also has A2DP (or whatever its called... Strero Bluetooth support).
    The Moto Q is a Blackberry that wants to be a Treo, but if falls short on many aspects. Screen resolution, no touch screen, too small keyboard keys and the fact that doesn't run the Palm OS is a deal killer.

Al
    Treolo, check the title of this thread. I think the Q could be a *700w* killer. The 700p is a totally different animal.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri
    I have to have my GPS software and I really don't think you can do that on the Q.
    ALK Launches CoPilot Live navigation software especially designed for Motorola Q

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/5218.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Treolo, check the title of this thread. I think the Q could be a *700w* killer. The 700p is a totally different animal.
    700w isn't actually in the title of this thread, this was started in the 700w forum and was originally about referred to the 700w.

The biggest difference in my mind between WM5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition and WM5.0 Smartphone is MS Voice Command. This is the one app, which is extremely popular on ppc phone edition that doesn't exist at all on smartphone. I would miss it deeply on Smartphone.

However, the Smartphone OS is a lot more stable. They are really two different kinds of phones. I like them both.
    Meh. The mods merged the thread I started today with another one. The one I started specified 700w in the title.

The Q does claim to have voice-activated dialing, but I'm guessing that you were referring to Voice Command's ability to launch apps by voice?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by seaflipper
    If you get the voice/data bundled plans you get the data at $30 a month. The 1350 minute plan is $109 which means you are paying $30 for the data.
    My problem with Voice/Data package is that I've got the Family Share plan for 3 lines and I'm at 160/mo now. If I were to switch to the Voice/Data plan and add additional line I think it would crank up the bill even more.

My main point I was trying to make is that Verizon is charging Everyone a Data Package rate even for devices that should have a Smartphone or WAP browsing package for less money!

One last thing people should watch out for that I have had several VZW stores pull on me is you DO NOT have to have a Data Plan. They tried to tell me and numerous other customers that I heard them talking to that since you are buying a smartphone/blackberry/treo that you need to have a Data Package to activate the phone. This is total BS, I found a great rep that's been really honest with me at a local Circuit City Verizon store, and will keep giving them my business. They didn't even nickel and dime me for the "Manditory" $30 ESN change fee that another Verizon across the parkinglot did. Just do your homework for whatever you buy and read the fine print.
    The Q does claim to have voice-activated dialing, but I'm guessing that you were referring to Voice Command's ability to launch apps by voice?
    Other voice-activated dialing programs just aren't the same.

I've used Motorola's Voice Activated Dialing Software on the e815, Pebl, and MPX220 (a microsoft smartphone) and they have an agreement with Voice Signal to provide Speaker Independant Voice Command. This isn't nearly as good as Microsoft Voice Command. It isn't as accurate, user friendly or as functional.

Nothing comes I've used on any phone (including the Treo 650) comes close to Microsoft Voice Command for Pocket PC. It's too bad they haven't released it for smartphone. Everyone who uses it would miss it.
    if it had a camera, I would consider it...
    It does have a 1.3 Mpixel camera with LED flash.

Surur
    I'm more interested in the Sony Ericsson P990 in comparison to my Treo.
    Until somebody comfirms it, I am not convinced the wm5 phone editing will run TomTom gps and much of the wm software.
    Copilot (a well regarded Windows Mobile GPS program) has a smartphone editon.

http://www.alk.com/copilot/smartphone_features.asp

Its right there in the thread.

Surur
    Meh. The mods merged the thread I started today with another one. The one I started specified 700w in the title.

Don't be too concerned. It will have more impact on the 700w, but it will eat into the 700p as well. Above all, it will eat crackberries for breakfast. Think of it: IT adds a free SP2 to their 2003 Exchange Servers and Moto Q gives them full push integration with their employees email, calendar, contacts, and tasks; PLUS opens up the whole world of Smartphone software (eat that RIM). It will chew up those folks looking at Treo as a crackberry alternative as well (the Palm implementation of wireless Activesync only does email, and unless there have been significant improvements in Versamail, not very reliably).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    No... I was hoping to get this, it is seems just as buggy as a treo (from pcmag review anyway).

This is what was said: "The 700p comes with Microsoft Office document editors (not just viewers), has a higher-res screen, runs on both Verizon and Sprint, and is both faster and less buggy than the Q."

source: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1967190,00.asp

After reading this, don't think I would own either one of them.

I will say, moto missed the boat. With excellent reception, on par with the e815, if they introduced a device like the treo 700w, that could add apps, edit docs, was a touch-screen, etc, they woud rack up. Instead, they send a cheap market "feeler."
    I've heard good thigns about the Q.
    Like what? I've only read about it in pc mag... no one else really saying a whole lot.

I will take a look once it is released, but I doubt if I'll buy it. Maybe once they get the bugs worked out, if any, they will release an update to the Q.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I was dying to get the Q, but then I saw that it didn't have a touch screen. So, being in need of Graffiti input, my 700P arrived yesterday!

Also, the Q has the light-weight version of Windows Mobile, not the full-blown one.
    What do you want for $199???!!!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast