1.    #1  
    Have finally accepted what I see as the inevitable and ordered the hw6515 (HP Messenger).

I love the 650 the theory is fantastic and to the most it has performed well, but what feels like hourly resets have finally driven me nuts.

That together with trying to achieve wireless push of mail and PIM there are just more reliable options on the Windows platform.

If we didn't all use Outlook and Exchange Server I am sure all would be fine but we do so I'd best accept that Mr Gates has won!

From previous experience I know that battery life won't be anything near as good on the Windows and I know it will drive me crazy too - but ultimately it will be more productive.

Will let you know how I get on .... shall be keeping the Treo in reserve until I know which is better !

Steve

Psion 3, Psion 5, HP Windows CE, Palm P III, Palm V, Nokia 9110, Nokia 9210, Nokia 9210i, SE P800, SE P900, SPV C500, MPX 220, Palm Treo 650 ....
  2.    #2  
    Have finally accepted what I see as the inevitable and ordered the hw6515 (HP Messenger).

I love the 650 the theory is fantastic and to the most it has performed well, but what feels like hourly resets have finally driven me nuts.

That together with trying to achieve wireless push of mail and PIM there are just more reliable options on the Windows platform.

If we didn't all use Outlook and Exchange Server I am sure all would be fine but we do so I'd best accept that Mr Gates has won!

From previous experience I know that battery life won't be anything near as good on the Windows and I know it will drive me crazy too - but ultimately it will be more productive.

Will let you know how I get on .... shall be keeping the Treo in reserve until I know which is better !

Steve

Psion 3, Psion 5, HP Windows CE, Palm P III, Palm V, Nokia 9110, Nokia 9210, Nokia 9210i, SE P800, SE P900, SPV C500, MPX 220, Palm Treo 650 ....
    From what I have read the 6515 is about 100 times more problematic than the 650. Not to mention the fact that there is no warranty support in the US AND the 6515 is about to be overrun by the 6715 which will have WM5. I looked seriously at the 6515 and determined it would be an absolute waste of money. Better to hang onto the 650 and see what else comes down the pike. HP has a made a lot of smartphones (ipaqs) that look great on paper, but if you talk to the people who use them - are terrible.
    NNOOOOOOO. DONT DO IT.

Why do I say that? Because I DID do it, and 12 hours later I took it back to the shop. Speed is sslllooowww, software is awful (more complex than Palm to do the same thing), screen is like someone has put petroleum gel over the top and the keyboard is really not as good as the Palm. Plus the device is wider, taller and uses poer faster. I hated it.

the real palm killer is going to be faster, smaller (perhaps) but definately thinner with WiFi, GPS and tons of memory.