Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I just placed an order for a 6700 through telesales. My credit card has been billed and I have an order # from Sprint. According to the rep, the phone is to arrive tomorrow (Wed) morning. I was told to call back early pm for a UPS tracking #. Looks like I'm good to go as far as the device is concerned.

Oh, and one other **small** detail: the rep said I may not be able to get it activated immediately since I'm not a business account (I am on a national acct, though). She seemed unsure as to why this was the case, so I went ahead and let her place the order. I'll take my chances.
    How's the keyboard slide feel? I remember that there were lots of problems wtih the last PPC phones with the keyboards getting really loose and wobbly after a bit of use.
    And it looks like Sprint has signicantly rolled out EVDO ahead of schedule. They are now claiming to have more DO coverage than Verizon.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...dData_tabC.jsp
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    This discussion suggests Sprint is not charging extra for EVDO for existing Vision customers but it may be $30/month eventually.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=55909
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I ordered mine this morning. Should have by the end of the week!
    so they are out?? it looks like on the other forums, that people placing their orders are later getting credited back because they are out of stock.

crap! i need it. maybe ill go to the sprint store and see if they have any in stock.
    the sprint store I went to told me they wouldn't even get the 6700 ever. im being told he was wrong though bc apparantly that's how the 6600 and treos started out as well.

Im anxiously waiting for them to sell this to the general public.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    And it looks like Sprint has signicantly rolled out EVDO ahead of schedule. They are now claiming to have more DO coverage than Verizon.

http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...dData_tabC.jsp

sure sounds like it. But I think its marketing BS upon further review. They say they are IN more markets but then later say that they have a 'rolling deployment' or some such BS that they are only slowly phasing in each market. Sounds like their marketing people asked how many EVDO markets Verizon had tehn told their techniocal people to put up an EVDO tower in each market so they could say they have more.

I got all excited and checked my area- but their maps are apparently woefully out of date or they are rolling hardly nothing- like literally one cell.

They say they have Atlantic City, Trenton, and Newark NJ- when i go to the map there's a tiny little high speed area in newark only that's visible- nothing viible on the map for NJ in Trenton or AC areas. There's another couple specs in NYC and Philly but not even the whole cities are covered.

I also thought sprint planned 100% evdo? the map shows "future" high speed areas and in NJ it's maybe 1/3 of their regular coverage (and that's being generous)
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    This looks like my next phone. I guess I'll order one tomorrow and hope my wife doesn't divorce me

I know the feeling! I want one sooo bad but haven't figured out how to get my fiance to go along with shelling out 600+ dollars for a "toy"
    Thank god my b-day is coming up so I can get myself a gift. Trying to decide if I want to add a line for $25 a month (including unlimited vision) & get the discount oor just try it out on my current line. Either way we here in CA have 30 days to test them out!!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    This has the word BRICK all over it. Sounds more like it got killed by the treo.
    Yeah they have EVDO in Los Angeles but if you look at the map, the footprint is tiny!!!!
    I remember a year ago PalmOne said they were going to release a whole line of Treos. Some just phones, others more pda-centric. But no dice still. I was even talking to a guy at the PalmOne store who said the same. He said he saw one with a slider keyboard. Where is it dangit?! Palm - speed it up...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    This has the word BRICK all over it. Sounds more like it got killed by the treo.
    Well then, by your definition, the Treo is a BRICK too since they are both virtually identical in size.

I always love an un-biased Treo user!
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Well then, by your definition, the Treo is a BRICK too since they are both virtually identical in size.

I always love an un-biased Treo user!
    Perception is a funny thing. I remember way back when Dell first introduced the Axim. Everyone called it a brick even though it was pretty much on par with most other PPC devices.

I guess the fact the the 6700 is more squarish and less contoured may play a part.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I guess the fact the the 6700 is more squarish and less contoured may play a part.
    More brick-like?

Surur
    Anyone else think that the paint job on the PPC-6700 looks just like the Treo 300's?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    More brick-like?

Surur
    Sure, okay.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Anyone else think that the paint job on the PPC-6700 looks just like the Treo 300's?
    Looks similar.. Being that this was made by HTC im sure its more durable.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Thank god my b-day is coming up so I can get myself a gift. Trying to decide if I want to add a line for $25 a month (including unlimited vision) & get the discount oor just try it out on my current line. Either way we here in CA have 30 days to test them out!!

Double check the time frame when you order it. Some folx on howard forums said that changed a while ago and Ca now has 14 days like every where else. I dont know tho since I'm in Ohio.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast