Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Lucky guy, I have been on the phone with about 10 reps this morning... No one will sell it to me... I think I'm gonna have to go without...
    Depending on how patient you are, you could try to just keep calling over and over again and eventually you might get lucky.

Having said that...someone just posted on pdaphonehome.com that they were told that personal orders that squeaked through the initial order phase would get rejected once it got down to the shipping department. I find that difficult to believe, though, since I would suspect that the shipping department is only seeing someone's ship-to address (which doesn't really mean anything anyway). But I guess we'll see.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Lucky guy, I have been on the phone with about 10 reps this morning... No one will sell it to me... I think I'm gonna have to go without...
    Keep trying, it will go through eventually. My brother-in-law (damigs) called about a half dozen times on Friday and finally got someone to place the order after being bounced around and hung up on. He called today to get the status on the order and they told him that since he didn't have a Tax ID number associated with his account, he couldn't get one yet. So he called around again and got the same person on the phone today who took his order on Friday, and she said that was a load of crap and verified that his order was in the warehouse and it should be going out today. So he should have it tomorrow or Wednesday.

I'm semi-patiently waiting for his review and for a hands-on test. As someone who came pretty close flinging his Treo out the car window a couple of weeks back due to BT connect issues and a seemingly infinite number of resets caused by 'unknown application', I'm ready for a change. WM5 may have warts, but if it resets half as many times as my Treo has lately, I'll be thrilled.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Depending on how patient you are, you could try to just keep calling over and over again and eventually you might get lucky.

Having said that...someone just posted on pdaphonehome.com that they were told that personal orders that squeaked through the initial order phase would get rejected once it got down to the shipping department. I find that difficult to believe, though, since I would suspect that the shipping department is only seeing someone's ship-to address (which doesn't really mean anything anyway). But I guess we'll see.
    Orders are being held after they make it through the initial ordering process it seems, so I'd say it's not a done deal until you get a tracking number.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    Size-wise, doesn't look like much of a difference to me..think I might give one a try. After the 300/600/650, I'm kind of "Treo'ed-out" anyway and could use a change.
    http://24.221.29.241/ppc6700/

Basically it's the same size as the Treo, but with larger screen. I like. It's also (by my estamate) $200 more expensive than a Treo (current/future model). Palm really should make a "pro" version for the Treo, which has the same larger screen, for those of us who don't mind sacrificing battery life and exposed keyboard for a bigger screen.
    i changed my account type from 3rd party to personal to business... never needed to provide a tax ID number to change it to a business account.
    Thanks for the pics. The PPC guys are getting good and getting close, and I'm sure the 6700 can do much more than the Treo, but I'll pass with that thickness. The Treo is already too thick for my liking.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Ok I take back a little of what I said. Compaired to the 650 it does not seem that much bigger. I think it has somthing to do with the square-ish shape of the 6700 that makes it look so much bigger. I would like to see some shots with the 6700 in sombody's hand.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Shadow.. I order'd mine on Friday afternoon and was told it would have to go in thru a 'paper order' as it shows in the system but cant pull it up. I called today to verify status and was tossed around in every location. I got from your order will be processe when they get more, to your order has to wait till its public and lastly you dont have a 'real' business account, only those with tax ID's can purchase.

Lastly I tried another 800 number I had stashed and got ahold of the same rep who took my order Friday. She remembered me and put me on hold to look into status. She confirmed the order is still at the warehouse being prepped for delivery. She mentioned that you dont need a business account to purchase as Sept 19th is the day its released to everyone. I hope she is right as she double checked over and over to make sure it will go out today or tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed.
    I'll tell ya, when sprint doesn't want a release to go well because of a severe shortage of the product, they certainly let it go to h*** pretty fast. It would appear there are about 5 different versions of the story they tell people, possibly trying to eliminate some of the orders? It's quite possible this is a planned tactic to reduce the actual orders to levels on hand, or they simply don't train their people very well... Either way, I've been called by my credit card company asking to verify the charges, so they certainly charged me now (although they did not charge for shipping or tax...) Hmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Shadow.. I order'd mine on Friday afternoon and was told it would have to go in thru a 'paper order' as it shows in the system but cant pull it up. I called today to verify status and was tossed around in every location. I got from your order will be processe when they get more, to your order has to wait till its public and lastly you dont have a 'real' business account, only those with tax ID's can purchase.

Lastly I tried another 800 number I had stashed and got ahold of the same rep who took my order Friday. She remembered me and put me on hold to look into status. She confirmed the order is still at the warehouse being prepped for delivery. She mentioned that you dont need a business account to purchase as Sept 19th is the day its released to everyone. I hope she is right as she double checked over and over to make sure it will go out today or tomorrow. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Tell them to hurry up and send it so that I can play with it!
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Man I heard every excuse and reply out there. Each rep I got I asked 'Do you know anything about the new PPC 6700 or Are you familiar with the new device 6700' each would reply 'Oh yes its very nice etc..' but when it came time to order they couldnt or seemed limited with what they can or cannot do. You will finally find the right person to handle your order/call appropriately. I cannot wait to see that device in my hands.. jmill72x... We will have to get together once it arrives to see wsup.! LOL

Price shipped came out to be roughly $620 or so. Not bad concidering
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Price shipped came out to be roughly $620 or so. Not bad concidering
    -$450 for the 650 on eBay.....
    I'm back!
    ... ... ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ... ... ...
    Still???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    went to the sprint store today anf asked when the 6700 would come out. guy doesn't know so he goes to the back to ask someone. comes back out and says it won't be available in stores and its only available to businesd
    hes wrong, they said the same thing about the 6600. but they wont know until they get it.
    great thread going over at pdaphonehome about the 6700. some guy just got his today.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...0&pagenumber=1
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    great thread going over at pdaphonehome about the 6700. some guy just got his today.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...0&pagenumber=1
    Thanx...that was a great post.

::lights my after gadget cigarette::
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Some great photos. I may have to jump ship for awhile until a radical newly designed Treo comes out. Adding EVDO, a better camera & bluetooth 1.2 & keeping exact same design factor (even adding a Windows version) is not enough for me to pay another $600. If Treo can trump this PPC designwise AND fucntionality, I will come back to Treo. Only thing I will miss is the Treo community & all the constant developing of software...
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast