Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Looks like EVDO test results are already getting posted for this phone...

http://www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed?results=1
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Which is heavier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Treo
    Which is heavier?
    PPC-6700 is slightly lighter, here are their weights
    PPC-6700 = 172 grams = 6.07 oz
    Treo 650 = 178 grams = 6.3 oz.
    It claims a fabulous 3.7 hours of battery life. Translation: 2 hours of real-world use and your dead. Not clear what the battery situation is.
    That can't be right.. 3.7 hours must be talk time.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I was under the impression the PPC6700 (HTC Apache) had the exact dimensions as the HTC Wizard except for the antenna that the Wizard (GSM variant) doesn't have. Where did you hear the Wizard was wider? Isn't it the same phone, 1 prepped for CDMA and the other for GSM?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    No, the wizard and apache have a completely different layout, just look at the pictures available of each and compare, the wizard is oval, the 6700 has flat sides... These flat sides are what make the big difference. The hardware is the same yes, but the sub-vendors to HTC each re-do the "look" of the device.
    i think i will just keep my 650 and live without BT1.2 and more memory. i dont think i will even upgrade to the 670 or 700 whatever. i love my 650 (maybe because its my first smartphone/pda.) it does what i need and lots more.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Shadowmite please post your impression of the phone as soon as you get it. I just lost my cell and I need to get a new one. Is there a case that will actually protect this phone? I was just wondering with the slide out keyboard and all.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Come on GFunk, that's definitely not a fair picture! That 6700 is about the size of my i-mate Jam, but a little thicker. I'm going to wait to see it in stores, but I am definitely interested. Now I have to decide if I am willing to switch to Sprint to have a faster connection. I have an awesome deal at T-Mobile right now. For my uses, EDGE is probably good enough but EVDO is enticing and I like the keys on this 6700, they look better than those on the Wizard.
  11. DDD
    Quote Originally Posted by hperry
    I thought it had bluetooth 2.0
    So did I:
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000847057515/

Would like to know for sure.
    PPC6700 (HTC Apache) have bluetooth 1.2 as given on specification on sprints site.
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp

What you are refering to is Wizard, a similar gsm version of Apache. It is not released yet and it may have bt 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    UMM... OOOkay.

Thats not even the appache, or the wizard.

You are grasping.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    No, Bluetooth 1.2, which supports A2DP.
    No, the 6700 does not support A2DP, OBEX or DUN. It has BT 1.2 but doesn't support any of those profiles.
    This is the device that will finally make me dump the Treo line. I'm a little worried about adjusting to a pull out keyboard, but there are so many compelling reasons. Especially with Shadowmite hacking away at it.
    The moment I laid my eyes on the Wizard, I knew - provided the software works - this is my next PDAphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofTrueGod
    The moment I laid my eyes on the Wizard, I knew - provided the software works - this is my next PDAphone.
    What do you mean by "provided the software works"? Are you referring to general system stability or something else? For me, my biggest concern is how well this device will work without a stylus. I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as good as the Treo in that respect, but I'm thinking that the other feature advantages may be "enough" for it to still be a worthwhile successor.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    What do you mean by "provided the software works"? Are you referring to general system stability or something else? For me, my biggest concern is how well this device will work without a stylus. I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as good as the Treo in that respect, but I'm thinking that the other feature advantages may be "enough" for it to still be a worthwhile successor.
    I suppose that remains to be seen, however, since WM5 interface is based off the old WM Smartphone OS where everything has to be done one handed since there is no stylus and no touch screen. My guess is it will not require any more stylus use than the Treo (maybe even less than the Treo), but we need to wait and see.
    Jeff
    jglev, I think you're mistaken. This is the Pocket PC Phone Edition GUI on top of WM5. It's not their Smartphone GUI. They've converged some Smartphone features into the newest version of the GUI, but it's still heavily stylus-dependent.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    I suppose that remains to be seen, however, since WM5 interface is based off the old WM Smartphone OS where everything has to be done one handed since there is no stylus and no touch screen. My guess is it will not require any more stylus use than the Treo (maybe even less than the Treo), but we need to wait and see.
    Not quite unfortunately. WM5 is a big improvement on wm2003se, but there are still elements of the UI which are not usable without a keyboard/ extra buttons/stylus. Also most legacy software will still be stylus orientated.

I expect the Treo 650 will have better one-handed navigation, but that the Treo 670 will have a bigger selection of the software people are asking for e.g. acrobat 2, Skype, Voice Command, A2DP, netfront multi-tabbed browsing etc. Of note is that early experience over at Howard's forum with the Jasjar have not been as positive as could have been hoped.

Surur
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast