Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    where can I get software for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ
    How much is this thing (with a new plan)?

Figures, I get my 650 two weeks and I'm already one-upped.

EDIT: Nevermind. But keyboard size aside, how is it any better than a Treo?
    It already comes with WiFi, Bluetooth 1.2, and EVDO for starters.

I think Sprint is offering it at $480 with new plan.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    where can I get software for it?
    Handango.
    I'm back!
    do I look for "Pocket- PC" software"? It say the OS iw "Windows Mobile 5".
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    It already comes with WiFi, Bluetooth 1.2, and EVDO for starters.

I think Sprint is offering it at $480 with new plan.

I thought it had bluetooth 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    UMM... OOOkay.

That dudes got a tiny head.
    do I look for "Pocket- PC" software"? It say the OS is "Windows Mobile 5".
    PocketPC, Windows Mobile 2002,Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5... just different names for various newer versions of the operating system currently known as Windows Mobile 5.

Important side-note: there are two versions of WinMo 5, Windows Mobile PocketPC Edition (which the 6700 is) and Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Edition (a bit simpler interface with no touchscreen). Most any PocketPC software should work on WinMo 5 Phone Edition.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    When I first saw these pics, I dismissed this as a POS. But now that I think about it, if it's the same size as a Treo and has decent battery life, and the horizontal keyboard isn't awful. Try holding the Treo sideways. It's not as much of a hassle as I first thought it would be. And the landscape screen is something that will not appear in a Treo anytime soon.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    How are you supposed to use a case with the keyboard popping out like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by hperry
    I thought it had bluetooth 2.0
    No, Bluetooth 1.2, which supports A2DP.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    How are you supposed to use a case with the keyboard popping out like that?
    I would guess you don't. I don't use one with my Treo so that wouldn't be a problem for me.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    And the landscape screen is something that will not appear in a Treo anytime soon.
    Since the Treo's screen is square, there wouldn't be much of a point in this feature except when used with that keyboard thing.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    There is no real-life comparison of the two side by side yet... but yes, the treo is supposed to be a little taller, and the same width. The 6700 is .2" thicker...
    While it's not the PPC-6700, there *is* a comparison of the HTC Wizard near a Treo 650. For those unaware, the Wizard is a GSM variation of the Apache. The cosmetic design is different and some of the specs may be different, but I believe the physical size should be nearly identical (note, though, that Wizard users will be fortunate not to have to have an antenna sticking out). Here's where you can find the image comparison:
    http://mobinaute.neteco.com/mobinaut...20050826114811

Scroll down a bit and you'll find a nice wide photo comparing numerous phones. The Treo 650 is the third in from the left and the Wizard is the second in from the right.

It's still not as nice as the mockup I designed long ago, but I find this appealing enough that I'll probably be giving my wife my Treo 650 and trying out the PPC-6700 (Apache).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Hmm, actually, the wizard is a good bit wider than the apache (as it's fcc name, the PA10A). The ppc-6700 is going to truely be just about identical to the treo, just a tad thicker...
    Anyone know where to find the user manual for the PPC-6700?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    damnit I want to try it. I am sick of Treo not getting on the ball. doesn't sound like the new treo will be much of a change either...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    Since the Treo's screen is square, there wouldn't be much of a point in this feature except when used with that keyboard thing.

My fault, I meant "rectangular" screen, not "landscape".
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    My fault, I meant "rectangular" screen, not "landscape".
    Oh, OK. Yeah, Palm probably won't be producing a rectangular screen for the next Treo, it would ruin the form factor.
    I'm back!
    damnit I want to try it. I am sick of Treo not getting on the ball. doesn't sound like the new treo will be much of a change either...
    Call Sprint telesales and you can have one delivered by Monday or Tuesday. $620 is the final damage.
    I'm back!
    I feel a pull to the darkside.
    I had an ipaq 4350 right before getting the Treo 600. I never had any trouble with the ipaq and always felt that when an "acceptable" windows convergence device hit the market i would take it and run. I am leaning towards the dark side now.

The biggest thing i would miss and the one thing that may make me stay with the Treo is having instant access to the keyboard.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast