Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    Anyone here who has used a T650 and the PPC6700 care to comment on how one-handed navigation works on the 6700? That is a big concern for me, as I'm quite accustomed to the ease of navigation on the Treo. I can get to nearly all functions using only my thumb (excluding typing on the keyboard, of course).

I'm not sure how well this actually plays out on the 6700 though...But if iTunes for PPC turns out to be real, I'll likely jump ship from Palm in December.
    the one handed navigation on the 6700 isn't nowhere as good as the 650. i mean...i've had the 600/650, and those just can't be beat. they can't. but...doesn't mean the 6700's one hand navi is bad. just not on the level as the 650. you can do a lot of things with the one handed navi...but there are some things you cant do. like in IE, if you're in the URL box, you can TAB down to the page itself. but you can't tab or arrow up. you have to keep TAB'ing down till you make it back up again. there are other things...but 650 > 6700 is still better in that dept. plus the keboard slides out sideways...so it'll be hard to type one handed...unless they're short answers. but...i love my 6700.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    FORM FACTOR
    You probably don't understand fully ,what it means specially with Treo's!!

You have to mess around with few non Treo phones for sometime, to understand this word.
    A large screen is equally attractive on the other hand.
    If Treo 's had bigger display, it would make a killer device.
    Come on... I do UNDERSTAND what Form Factor is when it comes to Treo's.. I have owned a treo since the initial release of the T300 which hardly anyone had at the time. I have jumped around from PDA2K's to non QWERTY devices and form factor is a plus for the treo but it also takes away from the display.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vamp07
    Just wait till you are in the car driving and need to enter some info

No thank you... I would rather have two hands on the steering wheel while driving my family around. I will leave the dare devil tactics to you.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I would imagine the treo 700W is going to have just as good 5 way nav as the 650, so will that programming be able to be lifted out of that WM5 device and placed on the 6700 for example?
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I would imagine the treo 700W is going to have just as good 5 way nav as the 650, so will that programming be able to be lifted out of that WM5 device and placed on the 6700 for example?
    Not sure what you mean but the 6700 has 5 way navigation on WM5... Certain apps dont take advantage of this as it wasnt designed for device. Once developers release updates for them im sure they will have true 5 way.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    anyone who types, one handed or not, while driving deserves to have higher insurance rates then the rest of us to make up for the increased risk they put the rest of us at, would you read the paper while driving? carmakers try everything from radio controls on the steering wheel to bluetooth to keep the driver focused on driving and hands on the wheel and you think that typing SMS's is accptable? please let me know where you live so I can stay out of that neighborhood...do like the rest of us and pull over for a minute if it is important and can not wait till your next stop.
    Please me us know where YOU live because you obviously don't have traffic lights there.
    just got up and running with the 6700. and I am not driving and typing at the same time...it is no larger then the Treo 650 in reality I used the Vaja case with the Treo and without the case this phone looks much smaller then the Treo. It fits well in the hand and the landscape is reversable for right or left handed which I really like. it connected to my wireless network flawlessly and it gets a great signalfrom Sprint. now all I need is push email like Chatter and I will have everything I need. the supportfor push is supposed to be in WM5 and Exchange now so someone just has to make it work. stopped by Compusa and picked up a miniSD card nad pocket outlook allows you to save attachments to the card. my email is loaded and will "pull" every 10 minutes which is fine for me for now until Marc decides to make buku-buck$ off us PPC-6700 users...
    2000man, I do live in areas with traffic lights, if you would re-read I said pull over or stop, that includes STOPPED at traffic lights....hopefully if they are red you do stop occasionally.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Not sure what you mean but the 6700 has 5 way navigation on WM5... Certain apps dont take advantage of this as it wasnt designed for device. Once developers release updates for them im sure they will have true 5 way.
    I know the 6700 has 5 way nav, but not as good as the treo 650. My point is that maybe the 6700 will match the 5 way nav ease of use of the 650 once the treo 700w comes out. If the functionality of the 700w 5 way nav is as good as the 650, then maybe that can be duplicated on the 6700.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I wonder if Jeff can create VolumeCare for A windows phone?!
    Only if it is needed. I am sure there will be plenty for me to do on the new platform.

Jeff
    I know I'm really late to this thread, but I would rather get the WM Treo. The form factor of the Treo is just plain better IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Only if it is needed. I am sure there will be plenty for me to do on the new platform.

Jeff
    That would be great Jeff as many people say the speakerphone volume is horrible on the ppc6700! Jeff you should run for Palm President!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I know the 6700 has 5 way nav, but not as good as the treo 650. My point is that maybe the 6700 will match the 5 way nav ease of use of the 650 once the treo 700w comes out. If the functionality of the 700w 5 way nav is as good as the 650, then maybe that can be duplicated on the 6700.
    IMO; I had the T300, T600, T650( 2 of them) and now PPC 6700. The tiny nav button is more akin to a laptop and the closest thing to a mouse in this form factor. It takes some time to get used to, but once you do,...nothing like it. Besides, using the OK button, it brings you back one level...I hardly get to use the stylus. One hand operation is something you have to practice a bit, but just because the 6700 and WM5 has that more options. The Treos are more like a PDA with a phone and the 6700 more like a Pocket PC with a phone
    someone on pdaphone mentioned that they were selling the 6700 to consumer customers now so i tired this morning and it seems like my order went through.

in my excitement i didnt confirm with her that it was the 6700 and not some other ppc phone i ordered . im crossing my fingers though.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morphiend
    someone on pdaphone mentioned that they were selling the 6700 to consumer customers now so i tired this morning and it seems like my order went through.

in my excitement i didnt confirm with her that it was the 6700 and not some other ppc phone i ordered . im crossing my fingers though.
    If you have the order number, you can call back and make sure they ordered the 6700. The SKU is PPC6700SP in case they can't figure out what was ordered (they sometimes can only see the SKU and not the description).
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Anyone here who has used a T650 and the PPC6700 care to comment on how one-handed navigation works on the 6700? That is a big concern for me, as I'm quite accustomed to the ease of navigation on the Treo. I can get to nearly all functions using only my thumb (excluding typing on the keyboard, of course).

I'm not sure how well this actually plays out on the 6700 though...But if iTunes for PPC turns out to be real, I'll likely jump ship from Palm in December.
    My 6700 arrived on Friday. One handed navigation is fine - joystick acting as the equivalent of the 5-way, 6 other buttons on the front, and a few on the side.

My biggest concern is the keyboard - you need to slide it open to type. I use email a lot, via GoodLink, and am concerned about opening/rotating the device to type something dozens of times a day. And the keyboard is large, which to me is a bad thing as I could type everything one-handed on my Treo. I'm going to get GoodLink installed this week (as soon as our IT folks upgrade) and give it a 14-day try. It might go back. Then again, I was concerned about the Treo when I first got it.

Now that I've hooked up to my home secured WiFi signal and can talk EV-DO, I'm trying to figure out exactly what I do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    the landscape is reversable for right or left handed
    You're not saying the keyboard can be moved to the other side of the screen so it can be used with the nav pad to the left of the screen are you? That would be TOO cool!

Also did I read correctly somewhere that the 6700 has a 3.5 mm jack for listening to music? Does that mean it has two jacks, a 2.5 and a 3.5?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesterjo
    You're not saying the keyboard can be moved to the other side of the screen so it can be used with the nav pad to the left of the screen are you? That would be TOO cool!
    No, you can't do that. You can fiip the screen but it will only be useful when the keyboard is closed.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    No, you can't do that. You can fiip the screen but it will only be useful when the keyboard is closed.
    Well, I suppose you could type with the keyboard on top and the letters all upside down in this mode.