Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    my ppc-6700 arrives on Thursday...can't wait to try it...
    This and the PPC-6700 Is Coming In August for Sprint threads should be merged.
    anyone who has this got any idea which type of power tip it has? Is it the Sprint Universal Power adapter it uses or another? I need to know whether my igo tips will work or not.

Thanks!
    the ppc6700 uses a mini-usb plug for syncing and charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    There is a thread at www.pdaphonehome.com that shows the 6700 available to everyone from an ebay seller for $350.00 It seems legit as many have received theirs already.
    350.00 huh? uh oh... I'm starting to get that new gadget twitch lol
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I've had my 6700 for the past week now and wonder why anyone would want to get the treo 700w if and when it hits Sprint... Dont see any huge advantage other than you can get the 6700 now and now wait. Am I wrong?
    I heard the speakerphone volume is horribly low. Anyone can confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    I've had my 6700 for the past week now and wonder why anyone would want to get the treo 700w if and when it hits Sprint... Dont see any huge advantage other than you can get the 6700 now and now wait. Am I wrong?

Form factor.
    I haven't tried the speakerphone (and rarely would have use for it), but when I played sound at the highest level I can tell you that it sounds a bit nasty, quite possibly because the phone lacks any speaker holes (unless it's pumping out the sound through the earpiece speaker). For example, playing a movie clip through TCPMP, the sound at the highest was a bit harsh and not as loud as my Treo 650.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i wouldnt mind the form factor for the treo...cause that's the best form factor when it comes to smartphones. but i can't work with 240x240. that's like how the treo600 came out with 120x120....always a step behind.
    I wonder if Jeff can create VolumeCare for A windows phone?!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    Form factor.
    I really dont see this as a huge advantage.. Yes for some it might be a plus. A huge advantage would be the 6700's display compared to the 700w
    I really dont see this as a huge advantage.. Yes for some it might be a plus. A huge advantage would be the 6700's display compared to the 700w
    -Much bigger keyboard.
    -Bigger screen
    -Wifi
    -BT is most likely going to be more mature
    -99.99% of PPC applications are not made for square screens
    -Palm has a history of putting way to little memory in their Treo's
    -Many of us have had too many problems with the hardware of the Treo's
    -Its out now
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    i wouldnt mind the form factor for the treo...cause that's the best form factor when it comes to smartphones. but i can't work with 240x240. that's like how the treo600 came out with 120x120....always a step behind.
    You meant 160x160
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."

FORM FACTOR
    You probably don't understand fully ,what it means specially with Treo's!!

You have to mess around with few non Treo phones for sometime, to understand this word.
    A large screen is equally attractive on the other hand.
    If Treo 's had bigger display, it would make a killer device.
    anyone here order from ebay? can I add a line to my current account & get the phone?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    If you can't type one handed I don't see the point in comparing it to a Treo. Just wait till you are in the car driving and need to enter some info.
    New line of service required for this price. Can add to existing account, i think. Discussed a lot over at pdaphonehome.com
    Mike

"Because none of us are as dumb as all of us."
    anyone who types, one handed or not, while driving deserves to have higher insurance rates then the rest of us to make up for the increased risk they put the rest of us at, would you read the paper while driving? carmakers try everything from radio controls on the steering wheel to bluetooth to keep the driver focused on driving and hands on the wheel and you think that typing SMS's is accptable? please let me know where you live so I can stay out of that neighborhood...do like the rest of us and pull over for a minute if it is important and can not wait till your next stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by vamp07
    If you can't type one handed I don't see the point in comparing it to a Treo. Just wait till you are in the car driving and need to enter some info.
    Typing while driving totally asside.... .......

There is a lot to compare against the Treo that can certainly be pros or cons depending on your needs. For example with my PPC-6600 vs Treo:

Memory: 128mb vs 32 (or even 64 mb with 700w)
    Screen Size: especially when browsing the net or reading spreadsheets
    Landscape mode
    EVDO (upgrade for this hopefully coming within 60 days for 6600)
    WiFi card compatible
    BT compatibility
    Form Factor

For me Form Factor is only piece of the overall performance of a PDA/Phone. It has to do what I need to be done with the demands of my work. For me that is the true test of the best phone and will be the one I choose....without any loyality to manufacturer or OS.