Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I think people are missing the point about the iTunes phone relative to the Treo. The current Moto ROKR phone is a very weak version of an iPod, if it can be said to be an iPod-like product at all. It lacks two things that distinguish the iPod from other mp3 players, including the Treo: great industrial design and great software. iPods are a killer product for those two reasons. The iTunes phone is 1) just a garden variety Moto phone that is not close to the RAZR in coolness or design and 2) a crippled version of iTunes (limit of 100 songs no matter how much storage is put on the phone and very slow USB 1.0 update speeds, not to mention the lack of the scrollwheel).

The interesting thing about it is the promise it suggest for the future: a truly Apple-designed phone with all the capabilities of an iPod. The Treo, for all of its functionality (I love my T650) and ability to play MP3s won't even come close.

Face it, the Treo is designed for business and its great at it. But as a consumer phone-- way to complicated. IMHO, Apple can own this space if it comes up with its own design.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfg17

Face it, the Treo is designed for business and its great at it. But as a consumer phone-- way to complicated. IMHO, Apple can own this space if it comes up with its own design.
    I Absolutely disagree. Among the friends / family I have converted to Treodom, most have only installed a few apps (TCPMP, VeriChat, pTunes) and still find it amazing that the Treo can do so much out of the box. To them, there is no need to get push email via Chatter, download feeds in QuickNews, load a page faster with Xiino / WebViewer, etc. Each user has their own "killer app".

Only a few have installed more than 5 apps, and they didn't need my help to figure out how to do so.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12